• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta and Edu Transfer Targets: Summer 2020

Which signing would you prioritize of the two?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KenyanGoon

I kinda hear what you're saying, but if you ain't making tackles/interceptions at 22, then I'm not too sure much will change going forward. As a kid you learn these traits, some people are brave, some are afraid. Aouar and Özil seem like they were born into the latter.

With all these imminent transfers out, seems like exciting times for once at Arsenal though soI'm optimistic either way.

Not gonna lie, think I'd prefer a BMW M8 over a RR Phantom... :cool:

I think with a double pivot of Xhaka/Partey we can afford a midfielder who doesn't tackle so much but is lethal in creating chances for the strikers. Right now our attack is so blunt and transition from defence to attack is so slow it isn't even funny.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Our transfer business has been the usual poverty **** show it always is, you would think we finished in the top 4 the way we procrastinate and dither, struggling to get rid of players while in the same Breathe not having a plan A, B, C, or D to bring in the necessary recruitment to improve the squad, truly aggravating.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I think with a double pivot of Xhaka/Partey we can afford a midfielder who doesn't tackle so much but is lethal in creating chances for the strikers. Right now our attack is so blunt and transition from defence to attack is so slow it isn't even funny.
Didn't we have one who people hates because he doesn't do defensive contribution?

KenyanGoon

Didn't we have one who people hates because he doesn't do defensive contribution?
People don't like him because he has no defensive contribution while also not offering much offensively. If he was threading through balls and creating good chances on a regular basis no one would be on his case.

sykesy69

Same here. I would settle for Buendia or Benrahma. Technically they are as good Aouar but have the additional grit in their game. Plus lower fees. Got the fight in them and would settle right away. Most importantly they come with no fanfare and have a point to prove.
I've watched Benrahma in around 5 games and I haven't been sold on him to be honest. Has moments of sheer brilliance, but drifts in and out a bit too much for me.

Everything else you said, spot on though need more fighters.

sykesy69

What does he care about? Poor/working class folk struggling or some invisible movement? ****ing trees?
Yes the environment, animals, social injustice and whatever else. Main fact is that he actually cares.

What do you care about?

I'm not even saying I agree with him, I love to eat meat, don't really care about my carbon footprint, but I'm not going to knock him because he cares about sh1t.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Our transfer business has been the usual poverty **** show it always is, you would think we finished in the top 4 the way we procrastinate and dither, struggling to get rid of players while in the same Breathe not having a plan A, B, C, or D to bring in the necessary recruitment to improve the squad, truly aggravating.

Window hasn’t closed yet and we’ve added 3 quality pieces to the squad. Stop crying ffs

sykesy69

Haven't we had double pivots consisting of Xhaka/XXX before with Özil (same profile) the creator that hasn't worked because of his defensive effort?

I just personally think if you want to play a high press you need players to be aggressive to a point and able to make tackles/interceptions in your front 5/6. 1 player in that 5/6 who isn't pulling their weight and you get bypassed.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
Days of the dedicated no.10 are long gone, it’s outdated in the modern game so I’m unsure why arsenal fans still clamour for it. It’s time our midfield goes back to adding control of the game from a technical perspective and physical capacity as it’s focus. Pivotal we sign Partey to make a midfield 3 with Ceballos/Xhaka.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Days of the dedicated no.10 are long gone, it’s outdated in the modern game so I’m unsure why arsenal fans still clamour for it. It’s time our midfield goes back to adding control of the game from a technical perspective and physical capacity as it’s focus. Pivotal we sign Partey to make a midfield 3 with Ceballos/Xhaka.
I agree but you'll need all team effort now and very good wingers so you'll need pepe Saka Willian to preform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you don't believe you can do it then you have no chance at all.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom