• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 6,105
  • Views 315,102

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We pay top dollar for everyone these days don’t sweat it.

What’s your take on the kid anyway?

They tend to be in the mid to early 20s range though. Arteta goes for young players with a lot of experience. Maybe the policy is changing, Ornstien did mention a big investment in youth potential (links to Hato as well).

I don’t have a take really, never seen him play. If the top clubs that know what they’re doing are in for him though, probably means he’s a good player.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Hard to say, but Arteta is hardly the man to manage players minutes. Look at all the injuries in the below link, like we'd be buying a Diaby or Wilshere knowing in advance there's a big problem. Sometimes 1 injury can destabilise other muscles

I actually could see him going to City and getting his minutes well managed.

Our injury record over the last few seasons has been pretty good - some of that is luck for sure but a lot of it is us managing our player workload very well. I love Neto but yeah the injury record is a serious concern.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah I can’t see it either tbh, not if the club back Nwaneri. I know they play different roles but they have similar physique.
Nwaneri is a little bigger and taller but they both seem quite physical. Think Lewis-Skelly is a better comp as Nwaneri is more of an attacking player. Will be interesting to see this play out though.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
We pay top dollar for everyone these days don’t sweat it.

What’s your take on the kid anyway?

Check out his sexy Fbref and youtube

Our injury record over the last few seasons has been pretty good - some of that is luck for sure but a lot of it is us managing our player workload very well. I love Neto but yeah the injury record is a serious concern.

Come on man, you can't say Arteta has protected Saka, Martinelli, Rice, Ødegaard, Saliba and Gabriel by managing their minutes. He's played them in every game and not even given them a rest at 70 minutes. We've just been very lucky they've been rebust

Actually that's the worry for me, that next season injuries catch up with us after playing our players into the ground this season

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Nwaneri is a little bigger and taller but they both seem quite physical. Think Lewis-Skelly is a better comp as Nwaneri is more of an attacking player. Will be interesting to see this play out though.
I honestly think nwaneri is such a special talent that if he played for smaller club he would be first team player and he would be on wish list here. His record for the u21 and England U17 is similar to Fodens.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
Ive not seen City linked, just Utd.

Their ITK linked them all the way back in November. They're now questioning whether Guardiola may prefer ready made players like Guimares and Paqueta if he isn't staying much longer

If it's just us and United we should have a clear run at him. We should definitely do it as he looks like he could be a generational talent. Neves, Rice and Ødegaard and we're sorted our midfield for the next 6-8 years

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

After Havertz, I have faith Arteta can turn anyone around.

Stylistically Saka-Havertz-Rashford with Ødegaard in behind match up perfectly, United would be kinda insane to sell him to us though.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

You have to trust Edteta to judge the player's attitude. We've walked away from players because we didn't like their attitude, like Brandt for example
I don’t have to trust them 100%. They are not gods. I see a player who had 2 out of 3 shocking seasons. Seem to have terrible attitude and work rate for his childhood club he claims to love. And now even didn’t make the 33 England squad as even Southgate had enough. Arteta kicked out Auba for bad attitude and then gets this guy would be an absolute joke.

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom