• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,734
  • Views 187,338

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The filter is pretty narrow. There aren’t many top players who are proven that can comfortably cover both out wide and as a striker - could be another Kai situation where we try to be too smart rather than getting one for each position as I think we need both regardless. I would have said Isak but @A_G mentioned two pages back that Ornstein said it’s not happening. Mind you, I would have been pretty content with him.
Possible options that fit the profile, some wish list stuff in fairness:

Rashford
Kolo Muani
Oyarzabal
Malen
Thuram (Inter apparently not opposed to selling for a big fee)
En-Nesyri (played out wide a handful of times)

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Rashford
Kolo Muani
Oyarzabal
Malen

Giving me Europa vibes 😂 I don’t even know why we’re looking to cut corners.

Four signings would be perfect. LB, LCM, RW/LW + CF. Pretty realistic to do in one window if we get players out of the club.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Rashford
Kolo Muani
Oyarzabal
Malen

Can't wait to read @Ash10 posting the following on their player threads:

Rashbum
Kolo Bumami
Oyarzabum
Bumen
Thubum
Bum-Nesyri.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Rashford
Kolo Muani
Oyarzabal
Malen

What a depressing list. But its not illogical since Teta tend to sign useless búms.

• Cry
Reactions: A_G

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The filter is pretty narrow. There aren’t many top players who are proven that can comfortably cover both out wide and as a striker - could be another Kai situation where we try to be too smart rather than getting one for each position as I think we need both regardless. I would have said Isak but @A_G mentioned two pages back that Ornstein said it’s not happening. Mind you, I would have been pretty content with him.

Ngl Gordon has impressed but you’re right that is pretty unrealistic, same goes for Cunha. Really like the look of him but not sure where he’d fit in our system. I guess he’s another unrealistic one since Wolves spent 50m on him last summer and I can’t see them letting go of him that easily:

Giving me Moussa Dembele at Sp**s vibes.
Yeah everytime I’ve watched Cunha I’ve thought this attacking midfielder is amazing. Didn’t realise he was a striker/forward.

He’s defo one to watch for another season, been super impressive. Debut PL season as well right?

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

What a depressing list. But its not illogical since Teta tend to sign useless búms.
Tbf most players with the correct attributes will improve if they come here, but yeah nothing in that list excites me.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

Ngl Gordon has impressed but you’re right that is pretty unrealistic, same goes for Cunha. Really like the look of him but not sure where he’d fit in our system. I guess he’s another unrealistic one since Wolves spent 50m on him last summer and I can’t see them letting go of him that easily:

Giving me Moussa Dembele at Sp**s vibes.

cc @Trilly

Isak has to be the answer, I dont see any profile like him available, other than say Leao. Gordon is a good shout, but I dont think Newcastle would let him go so quickly.

Rashford? Nah, not seeing it man. His workrate off the ball has never been great, even at the best of times.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Yeah everytime I’ve watched Cunha I’ve thought this attacking midfielder is amazing. Didn’t realise he was a striker/forward.

He’s defo one to watch for another season, been super impressive. Debut PL season as well right?

He’s been at Wolves for a year and a half. Initially signed for them on loan, I think.

Kolo Miami can't even do it in Ligue 1. Cunha is very similar to G.Jesus. Rashford are you serious ffs. Oyarzbal don't know much him Malen could be good backup for Saka

Oyarzabal isn’t the answer. For a Villa, Brighton, West Ham etc sure but I don’t think he’s good enough for us. Neither is Zubimendi.

The latter is a bit of a steady eddie and doesn’t really move the needle imo.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

Teta has not improved Havertz btw. In terms of points he is still behind his best season at Chelsea. The truth is that Havertz has had temporary periods where he has contributed with a few goals/assists but overall he has been a big waste of money. Next season there should not be a place for him in the starting eleven as he isnt very good at any position at all.

CannonBals

Four signings would be perfect. LB, LCM, RW/LW + CF. Pretty realistic to do in one window if we get players out of the club.
We need starting quality of these 4 positions. Thats atleast 250m there.

Plus we need a GK (to replace Ramsdale)
And also the Raya deal will also happen in 24. So around 300m.
Possible if we manage to sell everyone we want.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Besides Rashford who else even fits that profile. Gordon has played upfront a few times but his stock is way too high. Are the signs pointing to Isak again?

Think MR10 could do decent in an Arteta team but all the baggage attached would make it a nightmare signing. Also not been too impressed with him this season, even allowing for United being a shambles.

Isak.

Although it makes no sense, we need a winger who can cover/compete on both wings, not one who is a striker that can play wide.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman
Top Bottom