• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,743
  • Views 188,091

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Especially if the potential replacement is also injury prone.

If the new signing is robust then we could have Jesus as the 4th forward/starting LW. I’d rather sell Trossard/ESR
I'd rather sell Jesus and ESR. Trossard is fine as the 13th player. Jesus can't say fit and is on higher wages. The Brazilian also has more pedigree than Trossard, so we are more likely to sell for a higher fee.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I'd rather sell Jesus and ESR. Trossard is fine as the 13th player. Jesus can't say fit and is on higher wages. The Brazilian also has more pedigree than Trossard, so we are more likely to sell for a higher fee.
That is true tbf

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’d be reluctant to give up and Jesus just yet.
Give up on what? Apart from the pre-World Cup 2022 period, Jesus hasn't given us much. I wouldn't call him an outright flop because he has raised our floor. But our floor has surpassed him now.

Mudi

So much positions still to strenghten

2 priorities:
DEEPLYING MIDFIELDER
LEFT BACK and back up LB

Then
Right winger to rotate Saka
Attacking midfielder to rotate Ødegaard
Striker to compete with Havertz and Jesus
Box to box to rotate with Rice
Goalkeeper to replace Ramsdale

Raya/???
White/Tomi
Saliba/Timber
Gabriel/Kiwior
???/???
???/Jorginho
Rice/???
Ødegaard/???
Saka/???
Martinelli/Trossard
Havertz/Jesus/???

OUT:
Ramsdale
Zinchenko
Partey
ESR
Nelson
Nketiah

We already improved the first eleven where we miss 2 players to have one of the best starting elevens, yet our squad dept is so bad that rotating 3 players can result in such a big quality drop.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd like Xavi Simons for the 8. Could also deputise for Ode. Unlikely to happen tho.

Zubi just seems like another Jorginho. Bit of a 'safe' signing.

Onana could work as an 8. He's physical & a powerful runner. Unsure about his passing & press resistance tho.

We should avoid Rashford. Good player, but too much baggage & media attention. My pick would be Leao.
Not sure how safe Zubimendi is for a signing. Bit of drizzle and a taxi trip through Slough, and he'll want to go home again.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
Teta has not improved Havertz btw. In terms of points he is still behind his best season at Chelsea. The truth is that Havertz has had temporary periods where he has contributed with a few goals/assists but overall he has been a big waste of money. Next season there should not be a place for him in the starting eleven as he isnt very good at any position at all.
I just checked this...its not actually true

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
The Rashford thing is never going to happen. If he moves, it will probably be PSG who are dumb enough to buy him. You cannot trust any player who can't be bothered to put in a shift for his boyhood club. If he's not tracking back at United, he won't here. If he's not getting in at a reasonable hour so he's not too hungover to train at United, his behavior won't change here. If he signs for us, he still ends up in Ligue 1 but at Marseille like the other malcontents we banished.

Malky

Established Member
I’d take Rashford btw.
You criticise some of the names mentioned here but you’re gagging for Rashford?
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

You criticise some of the names mentioned here but you’re gagging for Rashford?
Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

I’d love every part of the transfer and I don’t even rate him but there’s plenty of other reasons I’d take him.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season
Top Bottom