• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,867
  • Views 194,545

Mudi

Rice/Jorginho
Ode/Vieira
New guy/Havertz

Probably what Arteta is thinking
Vieira will be loaned out and he will play Rice as a 8 rather than a 6. Rice actually never played as deeplying midfielder for us, it was Zinchenko with the semi DM/LM or Jorginho.

It will be Zubi type of signing (I hope we go for one of the real midfielders or Bruno).

Zubi/Jorginho
Ode/ESR
Rice/Havertz

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
My issue is I’m not sure where the X factor we’re missing is going to come from.

Its simple for me. We need to make the left side tick just aswell as the right. At the moment, teams know if they shut down the right, we have nothing to offer.

Sign 3 starters - LB, LCM, LW (Ideally Kvaratskhelia)

Timber could well be the LB if he can stay fit, but we still need one incase he can't.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Its simple for me. We need to make the left side tick just aswell as the right. At the moment, teams know if they shut down the right, we have nothing to offer.

Sign 3 starters - LB, LCM, LW (Ideally Kvaratskhelia)

Timber could well be the LB if he can stay fit, but we still need one incase he can't.

Good point! I’m not sure we’ll sign a LW, maybe just a striker but hopefully LB/LCM can unlock that left side with Martinelli.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

You can buy all the system players like Zubimendi in the world, if you don’t have at least one or two players with that X factor you will not win big titles. Not for a sustained period anyway.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Meh, average stats in Serie A and poor stats in CL. Translates terribly into Pl.

He was one of the most exciting players in the Champions League last season. Napoli haven't been the same since Spaletti left, hence the slight downturn in 'stats'. His performances have still been good.

You can buy all the system players like Zubimendi in the world, if you don’t have at least one or two players with that X factor you will not win big titles. Not for a sustained period anyway.

Yeah, if we can sign 1 player who gives us that x factor and 2-3 system players it would be top summer.

Our system is great and still a work in progress. Our football is elite and next year we will be even better under Arteta but I feel like we need some spice to give us that extra distance when it matters. Someone who can complement the system with fire and magic!

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

He was one of the most exciting players in the Champions League last season. Napoli haven't been the same since Spaletti left, hence the slight downturn in 'stats'. His performances have still been good.

Exciting with his 2 goals and 4 assists!!!

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Exciting with his 2 goals and 4 assists!!!

Guessing you didn't watch him?

Fwiw, i'd be delighted with either him or Williams. Both can unsettle defenders with their dribbling ability, both pretty two footed. But Kvara is miles ahead of Williams at the moment.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom