• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,850
  • Views 192,962

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Yeah, if we can sign 1 player who gives us that x factor and 2-3 system players it would be top summer.

Our system is great and still a work in progress. Our football is elite and next year we will be even better under Arteta but I feel like we need some spice to give us that extra distance when it matters. Someone who can complement the system with fire and magic!

Completely agree. Thus far nobody we’ve been linked with has the X factor in my opinion.

LookingForEric

Should be sacked if he doesn’t win anything next season. That’s a fair crack, 5 years after winning with a team from previous regimes.

Completely agree with this but I do reckon we could be favourites next year.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Should be sacked if he doesn’t win anything next season. That’s a fair crack, 5 years after winning with a team from previous regimes.

He won’t be though, club are happy so long as we keep getting CL. We’ve seen it before.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure that is in our DNA. If he has the dressing room and qualifies for the CL, the board will stand by their man.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If city win remaining games they will have two points more than last season. They are 1 point behind where they were after 32 points. Hardly underperforming
Points table doesn’t always tell you the real picture. They haven’t looked convincing in games, poor record in top 6 clashes etc.

LookingForEric

Points table doesn’t always tell you the real picture. They haven’t looked convincing in games, poor record in top 6 clashes etc.

They’ve performed exactly how they performed last season. They start fairly averagely and everyone says oh it’s different this year! Then they go 25 unbeaten winning 97% of them and win the league.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

True they are not playing as well and defensively they conceded more. But there is still good chance they will get more points than last season.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I'm going to give you guys a Havard-style rebuild that is not only affordable but realistic. I call it the RunTheTrap School of Excellence. @OnlyOne write this down and get it sent to Edu, please.

In:
Exequiel Palacios - £70M. CM/DM
Nico Williams - £50M. LW/RW
Alt-Nouri - £40M. LB
Gyokeres - £70M. CF

Total - £230M

Out:
Jesus - £40M
Nketiah - £20M
Zinchenko - £30M
ESR - £25M
Ramsdale - £40M
Nelson - £8M
Partey - Free
Elneny - Free
Vieira - £18M

Total - £191M

Williams - Gyokeres - Saka
Palacios - Rice - Ødegaard
Nouri - Gabriel - Saliba - White
Raya

Bench: Martinelli, Havertz, Trossard, Tomiyasu, Kiwior, Timber, Jorginho, Nwaneri, Hein.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I'm going to give you guys a Havard-style rebuild that is not only affordable but realistic. I call it the RunTheTrap School of Excellence. @OnlyOne write this down and get it sent to Edu, please.

In:
Alt-Nouri - £40M. LB
Gyokeres - £70M. CF

Total - £230M

Out:
Jesus - £40M
Nketiah - £20M
Zinchenko - £30M
ESR - £25M
Ramsdale - £40M
Nelson - £8M
Partey - Free
Elneny - Free
Vieira - £18M

Total - £191M

Raya

Bench: Martinelli, Havertz, Trossard, Tomiyasu, Kiwior, Timber, Jorginho, Nwaneri, Hein.
30 million for Zinchenko and 18 million for Vieira is hilarious

TheDrunkenMaster

Its simple for me. We need to make the left side tick just aswell as the right. At the moment, teams know if they shut down the right, we have nothing to offer.

Sign 3 starters - LB, LCM, LW (Ideally Kvaratskhelia)

Timber could well be the LB if he can stay fit, but we still need one incase he can't.
How quick is kvaratskhelia? Ideally we would sign him and Williams who can play on both wing.
Estupiñán could be an option for left back, he was very good in his first season in the league

LookingForEric

In:
Alt-Nouri - £40M. LB
Gyokeres - £70M. CF

Total - £230M

Out:
Jesus - £40M
Nketiah - £20M
Zinchenko - £30M
ESR - £25M
Ramsdale - £40M
Nelson - £8M
Partey - Free
Elneny - Free
Vieira - £18M

Total - £191M

Raya

This doesn’t move the needle imo. You’re also getting rid of a lot of depth and not adding anything. Expect fringe players to go but Jesus/Zinny etc will stay.

There’s also no X factor in the signings, unless Gyokeres can translate his form to the PL of course.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
We need a winger and a striker. So you either go for a young striker with potential like Sesko and then a ready made winger. Or you go for a ready made striker and a young winger.

I think the market for ready made players is better for wingers?

Rodrygo
Leao
Musiala

Bracket under that would include guys like Mitoma, Neto, Nico Williams etc.

You look at the CF’s and the list is slim.

Lautaro Martinez
Osimhen
Isak
Vlahovic
Gyokeres
Sesko
Zirkzee

I’ll be honest even guys like Osimhen can’t make something out of nothing which is what we lack. Hence why more money should be pushed into a winger imo.

Not that I disagree with winger and CF but they are so far below a CM for me it’s not even a joke.

And I just don’t see the CM links.

Rice needs to be at 6 and we need a credible b2b midfielder alongside him to play lcm that can help knit play between our first and third phases, which frees up Ødegaard to be a menace at the edge of the opposition box.

We have 2 reliable borderline WC players in Rice (at breaking up counters and sweeping) and Ødegaard (at orchestrating attack). We need to build around this reality and that means we need to pair them with another midfielder. I don’t want to see Rice having to push up where he just isn’t as good, or Ødegaard have to drop deep where he isn’t as effective.

Everything else is negotiable but this isn’t, not for me anyways.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the title on May 3-rd by beating Everton 4-0 as Tony Adams scored that iconic goal, we showed everyone and especially Manchester United that we could beat them. Thirteen days later, when we beat Newcastle 2-0 in the FA Cup final in the legendary Wembley Stadium, it was wonderful... I felt immensely proud for the team, for the club: this was the fantastic response I was able to give to those who had put their confidence in me, as well as those who had put me through all those difficult weeks when I first arrived.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom