• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,866
  • Views 194,217

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

GIF by Got Talent Global

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I agree but I think Rice is sort of a problem tbh. He’s borderline WC at what you say, if not already WC, but he still lacks a lot in terms of overall play because of his lack of agility and his risk minimizing. We’ve played our best football this season with him at 8.

Defensively you want him at 6 and when we have established possession in the opp half/final third you really want him there because of his break up and cover ability (although I think he’s been doing pretty good as 8 in attack as well). But in build up you really don’t want to rely on Rice.

I still think we’re better off with a Jorginho like player at 6 as we get that player and Øde orchestrating play in different areas of the pitch. Frenkie de Jong or Vitinha (not that it’s ever happening), maybe Luiz. With those you get players that could play as dlp but also could switch with Rice and play as 8… I think for me that’d be ideal. More so than the profile I’ve been clamoring for so far as top prio (your Barella and my Paqueta).

All that said, it wouldn’t be enough with just one midfield signing.

Personally I don’t think Rice at 6 is an issue. The issue is when he is at 6, it’s Havertz at LCM. So straight away, 2/3 CMs aren’t incisive enough.

It’s easy to solve, sign a LCM who is good on the ball, one who can dictate from deep, maybe drop into 6 when building and then switch to 8 when attacking.

That way, you have 2 ball playing CMs and Rice can do what he does best.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Personally I don’t think Rice at 6 is an issue. The issue is when he is at 6, it’s Havertz at LCM. So straight away, 2/3 CMs aren’t incisive enough.

It’s easy to solve, sign a LCM who is good on the ball, one who can dictate from deep, maybe drop into 6 when building and then switch to 8 when attacking.

That way, you have 2 ball playing CMs and Rice can do what he does best.

The original plan was to invert one of the full backs to become that. Timber was signed because he has excellent stats in that regard.

It’s also why Havertz was signed, because when you have the full back pushing in you can then have Havertz higher up the pitch, not having to do the incisive passes.

Zinchenko was meant to be one of those guys but he’s a complete liability.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
I'm going to give you guys a Havard-style rebuild that is not only affordable but realistic. I call it the RunTheTrap School of Excellence. @OnlyOne write this down and get it sent to Edu, please.

In:
Exequiel Palacios - £70M. CM/DM
Nico Williams - £50M. LW/RW
Alt-Nouri - £40M. LB
Gyokeres - £70M. CF

Total - £230M

Out:
Jesus - £40M
Nketiah - £20M
Zinchenko - £30M
ESR - £25M
Ramsdale - £40M
Nelson - £8M
Partey - Free
Elneny - Free
Vieira - £18M

Total - £191M

Williams - Gyokeres - Saka
Palacios - Rice - Ødegaard
Nouri - Gabriel - Saliba - White
Raya

Bench: Martinelli, Havertz, Trossard, Tomiyasu, Kiwior, Timber, Jorginho, Nwaneri, Hein.

I expected better from a man with your vision.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
The original plan was to invert one of the full backs to become that. Timber was signed because he has excellent stats in that regard.

It’s also why Havertz was signed, because when you have the full back pushing in you can then have Havertz higher up the pitch, not having to do the incisive passes.

Zinchenko was meant to be one of those guys but he’s a complete liability.

A full back, even ones as good on the ball as Zinchenko and Timber will never dictate or control games as well as natural CMs.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
We have to buy players that can get us into another level I'm talking Rice kind of signing that won't need to settle and preform quickly. RW CF and LCM should be our focus LB can be signed also we also have to get good GK to compete with Raya because Ramsdale is leaving.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
As much as I like Olise as a player, since he is much better on the ball and technically proficient than the likes of Nelli/Saka and can play as a 10 and RW.. he is another ball to feet player and injury prone as heck.

The scouts need to find us a transitional speedster who is also good on the ball, can dribble in 1v1 situations and can whip a shot in. Neto is this profile but unfortunately an injury crock of a player.

LookingForEric

60 million euros for a CB when the team is full of CBs. I have lost complete faith in Edu and Arteta

I thought about it and this is only frustrating because it’s the first player we seem to be actively bidding for.

He’s 22, you have to continually upgrade/buy young talent.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I thought about it and this is only frustrating because it’s the first player we seem to be actively bidding for.

He’s 22, you have to continually upgrade/buy young talent.
White
Saliba
Gabriel
Timber
Tomiyasu
Kiwior

6 players who are natural CBs already. Not one natural fullback in the squad. This is waste of money

LookingForEric

No, it’s frustrating because it would be more wasted funds.

What do you mean more wasted funds? We’ve hardly wasted any money, if he’s a top quality CB for our system why is it wasted?

@Rasmi you know for a fact that 3 of those play full back in the system we utilise?

Arsenal Quotes

There's a minute on the clock left for Arenal. Brady for Arsenal.... right across, Sunderland... IT'S THERE! I do not believe it, I SWEAR I do not believe it!

Peter Jones on the goal against United in the 79 cup final

Latest posts

Top Bottom