• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 3,950
  • Views 198,887

Goonger

People in here don’t seem to understand how rare it is for a right footed CB suddenly become top class LB. And when you add his injury it’s pure madness.

We need to differentiate between what you would do, and what you think Arteta will do.

Because we all see last night, in his comeback game, he could have played anywhere across that back line, not shoe horned into a team because of injuries to others like some have claimed, but yet again he played in that inverted left back role.

So we understand you wouldn't play him there, but do you think that's where Arteta see's him currently?

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
So you are telling me you’d be happy with a window of Locko Koopmeiners and Sesko? Where is the elite technical ability you bang on about? And we are supposed to take you seriously? 😂
Wouldn't be my wishlist either but don't see the need to have a go at him like that. Some real noncey posts in this thread and elsewhere go unnoticed yet @Rasmi puts his neck out there and people ridicule him, not on imo.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Wouldn't be my wishlist either but don't see the need to have a go at him like that. Some real noncey posts in this thread and elsewhere go unnoticed yet @Rasmi puts his neck out there and people ridicule him, not on imo.

It’s because nothing this club does is good enough. Sometimes it comes across as being negative for the sake of it. Tbf to Rasmi, he does know ball, but just chooses to be overly negative about Arsenal. Also, he doesn’t put his neck out there, he goes for everyone else’ suggestion without saying which players we should sign.

Bloodbather

Established Member

Lahm played LB earlier in his career but he was never world class until he moved to the right, even said himself he didn't like playing LB. Maldini is one of the greatest ever and had a good weaker left foot.

It's extremely rare. Going with Timber as our first choice LB especially post ACL tear would be insanely reckless.
Playing traditional LB and inverted LB are two different things, though. Back in the day inverted FBs and inverted wingers weren't a thing, you'd want your LB to pass along the touchline and cross with his left foot and defend against right footed RWs.

Now, many teams, including us, play with inverted wingers, meaning the LB frequently has to face someone who favors their left foot and wants to cut inside. This is the reason why we frequently deploy Tomiyasu against Salah when we face Liverpool. And if you prefer your LB to invert, them being right footed actually makes them better equipped to go inside and contribute to build up.

This is the reason why something like Timber at LB can work tactically, leaving the ACL issue aside. I'm not saying our LB has to be right-footed, you still want them to be able to pass along the touchline and cross a bit even if it's not the go-to as we see with Ben White on the right, but the paradigm shift between the eras has to be recognized here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I hate that inverting the left side has to he a thing now.

White doing it should be enough. We don't need more people coming infield and leaving whoever the poor soul at left wing is feeling like Tom hanks in Castaway.

Just give Martinelli a proper overlap ffs.

@db10_therza you can pay pal me at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

One for him to ignore? 😂

I get what you mean though, tbh, there is no reason why you can’t have both, one who inverts but can also overlap if the situation allows it.h

Inverting works if your CMs overlap, but we don’t really do that either.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
@db10_therza you can pay pal me at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Honestly I’ve given up the ghost here now. AM doesn’t deserve anything good to happen on our left.

Just wait till everyone’s wet dream lw signing comes in and suffers the exact same fate and then we’ll see whats what.

El Duderino

One for him to ignore? 😂

I get what you mean though, tbh, there is no reason why you can’t have both, one who inverts but can also overlap if the situation allows it.

It's just that we keep signing cbs to play there.

just get me a different profile, along with either a proper 6 and get Rice at left 8, or a proper left 8 with Rice at 6.

Makes us so much more balanced and less predictable.

El Duderino

Honestly I’ve given up the ghost here now. AM doesn’t deserve anything good to happen on our left.

Just wait till everyone’s wet dream lw signing comes in and suffers the exact same fate and then we’ll see whats what.

I'll take things that could be said about a CF singing for 500, Alex.

El Duderino

dearest, sent you the invoiced attached to this message.

Just as a reminder, and per our contract, you are still required to provide payment even if you have changed your mind about the effectiveness of the content you have contracted.

We can always accommodate you the best we can in case you want to start an agenda against any current Arsenal player with no additional charges.

Regards,

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I hate that inverting the left side has to he a thing now.

White doing it should be enough. We don't need more people coming infield and leaving whoever the poor soul at left wing is feeling like Tom hanks in Castaway.

The way Martinelli plays I don’t think an overlap would benefit him.

Cutting inside on his stronger foot isn’t his strength. He gets it and goes down the outside, so actually think the fullback inverting helps him (unless he changes his game).

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
The way Martinelli plays I don’t think an overlap would benefit him.

Cutting inside on his stronger foot isn’t his strength. He gets it and goes down the outside, so actually think the fullback inverting helps him (unless he changes his game).

It benefits him indirectly by dragging one of the defenders with him and freeing up an avenue to go 1v1. We used to see this play out all the time when Xhaka used to overlap him.

Martinelli’s problems are bigger than this though, he’s just died inside or sth idk but I don’t see a future for him anymore.

outlawz

French speaking black players
Guardiola doesn't seem to sign them, either. Fell out with Eto'o and Yaya, and bought Mendy who turned out to be a suspected rapist. Not sure if he already had Keita and Abidal.

TBF, French league is fully tapped up by Real. The diamonds are all in Portugal. Need to find the next Vieira.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It benefits him indirectly by dragging one of the defenders with him and freeing up an avenue to go 1v1. We used to see this play out all the time when Xhaka used to overlap him.

Martinelli’s problems are bigger than this though, he’s just died inside or sth idk but I don’t see a future for him anymore.

Martinelli more often than not goes down the outside though. I don’t see how having a fullback occupying that space constantly helps Gabi. For example Martinelli and Tierney never looked great down that side.

I think defenders have just clued up on him tbh.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom