• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,114
  • Views 206,901

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

You guys have watched Rashford the guy can't press don't put any defensive shift if he not in his day offensively it'll look we playing with 10 men.

That TDK guy addressed the reasons why Rashford’s pressing hasn’t looked that good in ETH’s system. The distances those in their attacks have had to cover compared to our system has made it look worse than it actually is.

Tbf he makes some valid points regarding Rashford but I’m still 50/50 on him depending on the fee. He’s more of a threat than Martinelli at this current time is what we know but it’s another save a hoe situation.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

When you look at what Europe has to offer for the same price -

Gyokeres
Sesko
Toney
Etc etc

Rashford stands out to me as a more explosive player with way more star quality. Also completely ready to hit the ground running.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Skip to 25.30 and see the points he raises. Feels like he’s reading off my script 😂 as I have been thinking that sort of way for a while now.

Profile wise he’s a good fit as he ticks a lot of boxes plus he won’t be the main man for us. Still it would be a risky piece of business imo but it all depends on the fee.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
That TDK guy addressed the reasons why Rashford’s pressing hasn’t looked that good in ETH’s system. The distances those in their attacks have had to cover compared to our system has made it look worse than it actually is.

Tbf he makes some valid points regarding Rashford but I’m still 50/50 on him depending on the fee. He’s more of a threat than Martinelli at this current time is what we know but it’s another save a hoe situation.
if he really was on like 100k a week i'd take a risk on him but not 350k a week that will mean he is our highest earner.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

if he really was on like 100k a week i'd take a risk on him but not 350k a week that will mean he is our highest earner.

The wages are a concern of course but it’s not like we didn’t give Havertz 300k a week or whatever without him doing much at Chelsea.

If we can manage to strike a deal at 30-35m then I’d take it as sometimes you have to buy at the dip especially with a player who got 40 G/A in all comps last season. I think people underestimate how much the environment and system plays a factor like @Trilly said the other day.

For 30m or so, he’d come in like a Trossard signing. Quite rare to get that value in this market unless you go for a younger player and develop them.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
The wages are a concern of course but it’s not like we didn’t give Havertz 300k a week or whatever without him doing much at Chelsea.

If we can manage to strike a deal at 30-35m then I’d take it as sometimes you have to buy at the dip especially with a player who got 40 G/A in all comps last season. I think people underestimate how much the environment and system plays a factor like @Trilly said the other day.

For 30m or so, he’d come in like a Trossard signing. Quite rare to get that value in this market unless you go for a younger player and develop them.

I’ve given Rashford (and @Trilly ) plenty of **** but at 35m you HAVE to buy him especially when you consider how we lack pace and individual threat in the squad and Rashford has both. You just have to hope he can fix up mentally a bit.

Also I’ve really enjoyed watching Chelsea fans cry into their breakfast over Havertz and the idea of United fans doing the same is 🤤

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’ve given Rashford (and @Trilly ) plenty of **** but at 35m you HAVE to buy him especially when you consider how we lack pace and individual threat in the squad and Rashford has both. You just have to hope he can fix up mentally a bit.

Also I’ve really enjoyed watching Chelsea fans cry into their breakfast over Havertz and the idea of United fans doing the same is 🤤

Ngl it would be sweet dunking on those Utd fans and for him to celebrate right infront of them at OT as they always talk so much rubbish about us.

Also if we’re being realistic I just can’t see any club paying 50-60m+ for him or matching his wages, so Utd might be tempted to take a cut priced deal. Would be good for us as we can focus on signing a 6 and 8.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Ngl it would be sweet dunking on those Utd fans and for him to celebrate right infront of them at OT as they always talk so much rubbish about us.

Also if we’re being realistic I just can’t see any club paying 50-60m+ for him or matching his wages, so Utd might be tempted to take a cut priced deal. Would be good for us as we can focus on signing a 6 and 8.
If you really want to hurt United fans then take Mainoo off their hands. I'm sure he hasn't signed a new contract yet. Why steal a player on the decline when you could steal their future and prolong their misery? A Boyhood United fan switching to the Red of North London is truly poetic. The reverse Andy Cole, if you like.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
If you really want to hurt United fans then take Mainoo off their hands. I'm sure he hasn't signed a new contract yet. Why steal a player on the decline when you could steal their future and prolong their misery? A Boyhood United fan switching to the Red of North London is truly poetic. The reverse Andy Cole, if you like.
He's defo a big talent but the idea of signing him is a bit of a fantasy I think mate. He'd be ideal for us tho 👌🏼

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

If this Utd rot continues then I feel Mainoo will be thrown under the bus just like Rashford as they’re reliant on these players to be the crown jewel in their system when there shouldn’t be that much of a reliance on them. Same thing with Pogba too.

Hard to consistently prove your worth in such turd system and surrounded by bang average players. Let’s be real, if you got the same numbers (40 G/A) as Rashford in all comps last season, would you be bothered to repeat the same if the place and manager stinks? I’d be getting bottle service at Liv every weekend 😂 it’s a bit hard to know what he’s really on these days.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

If we gonna go for deep-lying playmaker with Rice as 8. This guy would be perfect. One of Europe best passers

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
If this Utd rot continues then I feel Mainoo will be thrown under the bus just like Rashford as they’re reliant on these players to be the crown jewel in their system when there shouldn’t be that much of a reliance on them. Same thing with Pogba too.

Hard to consistently prove your worth in such turd system and surrounded by bang average players. Let’s be real, if you got the same numbers (40 G/A) as Rashford in all comps last season, would you be bothered to repeat the same if the place and manager stinks? I’d be getting bottle service at Liv every weekend 😂 it’s a bit hard to know what he’s really on these days.
Dunno with Rashford tbh.....has he lost his hunger/passion for football ?

Off field issues ?

Has he downed tools because of ETH ?

Or has he just hit a massive loss of form ?

Either way....it's a red flag. Going from how he was last season to how he is this season. Not good enough.

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

Regardless of sales we should have a budget of around £200M. Bruno Guimaraes is seemingly a main target along with a striker and a LCB.

Like Orny said the club wants a couple of level raisers in windows now but you also need to continually sign competition.

Arsenal Quotes

I was receiving offers from many other clubs and declining them all, even the most tempting ones. Juventus, Real Madrid, PSG contacted me, Bayern, France, England...I am happy to have been able to say no to more glory, more money, and to have been guided only by the idea of loyally serving the club. I had knitted myself a soul in Red and White.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom