• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,689
  • Views 235,837

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

We wouldn’t be moving the needle with a summer like that imo.

Thats because there’s hardly any players out there who drastically improve us now. It’s small moves/depth moves to do well in multiple comps.

Bruno G would move the needle in midfield as he’s better than everyone except Rice. We don’t need to move the needle in defence, it’s pretty fantastic.

We do need a superstar but I’m thinking Saka becomes HIM.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Thats because there’s hardly any players out there who drastically improve us now. It’s small moves/depth moves to do well in multiple comps.

Bruno G would move the needle in midfield as he’s better than everyone except Rice. We don’t need to move the needle in defence, it’s pretty fantastic.

We do need a superstar but I’m thinking Saka becomes HIM.
I see where you’re coming from because we can only improve in certain positions. But would you say we have enough quality in the attack next season if we just add Williams?

You can argue the same with midfield if we just add Bruno but it would be okay IF we keep Jorginho + Partey.

There’s a case to be made of needing a player in each of the attacking positions (needle mover at LW, different style player at CF, backup at RW). Not saying we should sign all 3, but coming out with just a backup player for Saka would be disappointing.

As it stands we need 2 forwards imo, and 1 mid. If we offload 1 of Jorginho or Partey it becomes a need to have 2 mids.

In defence I would be happy with just 1 signing, LB/LCB or LB depending on what Arteta wants.

Sell people like Zinchenko, Vieira, Nketiah to make space.

LookingForEric

I see where you’re coming from because we can only improve in certain positions. But would you say we have enough quality in the attack next season if we just add Williams?

You can argue the same with midfield if we just add Bruno but it would be okay IF we keep Jorginho + Partey.

There’s a case to be made of needing a player in each of the attacking positions (needle mover at LW, different style player at CF, backup at RW). Not saying we should sign all 3, but coming out with just a backup player for Saka would be disappointing.

As it stands we need 2 forwards imo, and 1 mid. If we offload 1 of Jorginho or Partey it becomes a need to have 2 mids.

In defence I would be happy with just 1 signing, LB/LCB or LB depending on what Arteta wants.

Sell people like Zinchenko, Vieira, Nketiah to make space.

I think if you list our attacking numbers it’s difficult to make a case for 3 more signings.

Unless we offload Eddie/Jesus/Nelson then absolutely bring in others, but I think realistically you’re looking at one in one out. Money wise and also numbers wise of course.

Raya
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Timber
Bruno
Ødegaard - Rice
Saka - Havertz - Martinelli/Nico Williams

Is a real, real strong team with an insanely strong bench as well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think if you list our attacking numbers it’s difficult to make a case for 3 more signings.

Unless we offload Eddie/Jesus/Nelson then absolutely bring in others, but I think realistically you’re looking at one in one out. Money wise and also numbers wise of course.

Raya
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Timber
Bruno
Ødegaard - Rice
Saka - Havertz - Martinelli/Nico Williams

Is a real, real strong team with an insanely strong bench as well.
Yeh as I said in my post , we shouldn’t actually bring in 3 people. I’m saying you can make a case for each of the positions in the front 3. So signing 1 player would be disappointing all things considered.

Williams seems like he plays both sides for Athletic Bilbao. So you bring him in as the right wing backup option and competition at LW. But on top of that we should be signing a CF with a different profile to people in our squad. A Sesko type.

Then with a CM signing (Bruno, Luiz, Paqueta, whoever we go for) it’s looking strong. If Jorginho leaves you can argue we need another CM too though. We’re gonna be battling on all fronts every season, need more quality depth.

LookingForEric

Yeh as I said in my post , we shouldn’t actually bring in 3 people. I’m saying you can make a case for each of the positions in the front 3. So signing 1 player would be disappointing all things considered.

Williams seems like he plays both sides for Athletic Bilbao. So you bring him in as the right wing backup option and competition at LW. But on top of that we should be signing a CF with a different profile to people in our squad. A Sesko type.

Would you not say Havertz now brings that different profile we’ve been missing?

Jesus or Eddie out, Sesko in is ideal. But if we don’t end up selling someone then I really think a speedy winger suits us better. It’s a shame Neto is so injury prone because he would be my first choice.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Would you not say Havertz now brings that different profile we’ve been missing?

Jesus or Eddie out, Sesko in is ideal. But if we don’t end up selling someone then I really think a speedy winger suits us better. It’s a shame Neto is so injury prone because he would be my first choice.
We are surely selling Eddie. I forgot he exists. Would be stupid not to considering the rules on profit with academy players. But even without that, he’s not good enough and will bring in £.

Havertz offers something different but at the same time he doesn’t. He offers this target man type profile and causes a nuisance to defenders in that way, but he’s still not a rampaging CF. All our CFs mostly want to come short rather than bulldozing the penalty area. Also, even though he’s been great, do we really want to put all our PL and CL hopes on a confidence player who 6-8 months ago couldn’t string a pass? It’s risky.

I personally would like a more traditional CF as an option. If Gyokeres wasn’t so overpriced I would say drop £60m on him.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom