• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,842
  • Views 246,688

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I reckon were signing good old Marcus!

I hated Trossard, Jorginho, Havertz and Rice before we signed them...and now all are my fav players here 😅

Let's add big nose Marcus to it I guess, Arteta knows how to fix them up!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I hated Trossard, Jorginho, Havertz and Rice before we signed them...and now all are my fav players here 😅

Let's add big nose Marcus to it I guess, Arteta knows how to fix them up!
Just like Arteta knew Havertz was a midfielder when the whole world told him he was crazy

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Branthwaite has high potential and he's also homegrown and a current England International. Everton are in financial breach so may be willing to cash in for a decent price. There's potential opportunity here. I can see Man U being all over this with their CB situation.

Can’t see us getting a young, English CB for less than 60m. Like I said in my previous post, he’d also want to start a select amount of minutes as he’s played nearly every game for Everton in the PL this season.

People go on about Gabriel’s mistakes but put the spotlight on Branthwaite in a CL QF tie or PL run in and I think he’ll show his inexperience by making a lot more mistakes than Gabriel.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
We need another forward and central midfielder far more urgently than another defender.
Who would you think is available and would significantly improve our forward line? We've already matched our best ever 88 goal record and are on our way to beating that record this season if we score in the next 2 games. Who could we add to the squad to potentially add that extra 10-12 goals to hit the 100 goal barrier?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Who would you think is available and would significantly improve our forward line? We've already matched our best ever 88 goal record and are on our way to beating that record this season if we score in the next 2 games. Who could we add to the squad to potentially add that extra 10-12 goals to hit the 100 goal barrier?
It doesn’t work like that. We have 88 goals. It doesn’t mean every season every player will score same amount of goals and new player goals will just be added

We failed to score in 6 games in all competitions. City only failed 3 and Liverpool 4. The problem with not having a great goal getter and relying on non consistent goal scorers is you risk having guys having season like Martinelli. A solid striker in this Arsenal team should get more than 12 league goals like havertz. He has done better than anyone expected because no one rated him. But I have no doubt guys like Watkins or Solanke would be on more than 12 goals leading our line

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It doesn’t work like that. We have 88 goals. It doesn’t mean every season every player will score same amount of goals and new player goals will just be added

We failed to score in 6 games in all competitions. City only failed 3 and Liverpool 4. The problem with not having a great goal getter and relying on non consistent goal scorers is you risk having guys having season like Martinelli. A solid striker in this Arsenal team should get more than 12 league goals like havertz. He has done better than anyone expected because no one rated him. But I have no doubt guys like Watkins or Solanke would be on more than 12 goals leading our line

Doubt they’d be on more than 12 if they spent 60% of the season in midfield.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member
A solid striker in this Arsenal team should get more than 12 league goals like havertz. He has done better than anyone expected because no one rated him. But I have no doubt guys like Watkins or Solanke would be on more than 12 goals leading our line

When played as a 9 Havertz has a better none penalty goals per game over both of them. Better points per game too as a 9. Havertz has performed better against his xG compared to Solanke too.

Can’t see us getting a young, English CB for less than 60m. Like I said in my previous post, he’d also want to start a select amount of minutes as he’s played nearly every game for Everton in the PL this season.

People go on about Gabriel’s mistakes but put the spotlight on Branthwaite in a CL QF tie or PL run in and I think he’ll show his inexperience by making a lot more mistakes than Gabriel.
I could be wrong, but I'd look at a Branthwaite signing as more an upgrade on the Kiwior spot than direct competition for Gabriel. He's an option at LB when we want to have the LB play more as a LCB in a back three, while also providing cover for both Saliba and Gabriel with his two footedness. He's the sort of versatile defender I could see Arteta liking a lot. His more advanced type of stats on % of tackles won and % of aerials won are also really good despite being only 21. With that said, TNAT did mention that Arsenal inquired into him as he's viewed in the industry as likley to move given Everton's financial position and there will be lots of competition, so I don't see a cut price coming on him.

I really like Hato's fit with his passing skills, but he is a bit raw at the moment and his tackling and aerial percentage stats are a bit concerning. If we sign Hato i'll be really excited but at the same time if he's our only defender signing this summer I would be a bit nervous about who fills in at CB in the case of a Gabriel/Saliba injury.

teamsoutheast

Watkins I don't believe would be available especially as it looks like Villa will be playing Champions League football next season. Solanke has had a good season yes, but he only scored 6 goals last season from 32 appearances. Might aswell keep Nketiah at that rate. He's a late bloomer, yes, but is he the answer to "significantly improve" our forward line?

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Watkins I don't believe would be available especially as it looks like Villa will be playing Champions League football next season. Solanke has had a good season yes, but he only scored 6 goals last season from 32 appearances. Might aswell keep Nketiah at that rate. He's a late bloomer, yes, but is he the answer to "significantly improve" our forward line?
Our forward line don’t need significant improvement. Slight improvement may be difference between being trophy less yet again or winning something

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Solanke has probably just enjoyed a purple season. A one off season where he has scored a lot. Will probably return to being meh next season.

Watkins I think is good & would probably do ok here.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Our forward line don’t need significant improvement. Slight improvement may be difference between being trophy less yet again or winning something
Exactly. A couple of additions would make a big difference.

A winger & a striker (level raising ones) Job done.

Isak & Williams would be nice. Isak might be difficult, esp if we also want Bruno.

teamsoutheast

Why spend a lot of money for only slight improvement? We do need to consider getting value for money and not just spending money frivolously.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom