• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 4,850
  • Views 247,326

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
People speaking about Olise LCM but our LCM is meant to be a no8. Does he have what it takes for that? Don’t think so.

Imo he’s a master of the right half space. He’s therefore of course a Saka backup but can also play in Ødegaard’s position (not to the same degree, but would be the most suitable and best player in our squad to do this).

But we need a pacey 1on1 winger like Williams. So I’ll be surprised if we sign both. As we’d have Martinelli Williams Trossard Jesus left and Saka Olise Williams Jesus right.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
People speaking about Olise LCM but our LCM is meant to be a no8. Does he have what it takes for that? Don’t think so.

Imo he’s a master of the right half space. He’s therefore of course a Saka backup but can also play in Ødegaard’s position (not to the same degree, but would be the most suitable and best player in our squad to do this).
What if Arteta tries to make him a left 8 like he did Havertz? Or even move Ode there?

The Telegraph linked him last month so there is something there. Can’t see us paying that much for just a backup, especially given the talent level.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
I’m pretty sure Olise was a no.10 at Reading before moving to Palace. He has the skillset to play as a 10/8 in our system, especially if a healthy Timber can invert into midfield. Personally, I would prefer a natural midfielder though.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
What if Arteta tries to make him a left 8 like he did Havertz? Or even move Ode there?

The Telegraph linked him last month so there is something there. Can’t see us paying that much for just a backup, especially given the talent level.
Wouldn’t mind it if we are also signing an actual CM too, but it would be crazy to sign him as our CM signing imo.

Also, he is injury prone. So even though I rate him highly, relying on him as a regular first team player may not end well.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 19

RB Leipzig want to offer Benjamin Šeško a new contract to stay for one more year [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are the negotiating table for Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim via Sport_Witness]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom