• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,135
  • Views 265,049

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
For one Rodrygo you can probably get both Rashford and Gallagher.

Covers two needs.

Canadian Judging You GIF

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
It's speculation, but that's the most obvious way to fit them all in. His 4-3-3 at Chelsea is the perfect setup to get the most out of all of them.
I get where you’re coming from. It just depends, because Bellingham was a key player for them this season and I believe a 433 would change his role to more of an 8 rather than someone with the freedom to arrive in the box as much as he did with the split 2 pronged attack.

It would certainly change his role imo, but Madrid and Ancelotti have a habit of making these changes seamlessly while still winning everything. Also, even though Bellingham is elite, Madrid won’t necessarily build their entire team around him if they don’t need to. They’ve got Mbappe and Vinicius to accommodate too.

One thing to note though is Mbappe has a history of being a difficult character and publicly spoke about not being a CF, being an LW. So he would need to change that opinion of himself quickly if Ancelotti plans on a 433.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
What order of position would you prioritise our summer business?
If there is a taker for Partey it would be CM, RW, CF in that order (but of course one player could potentially resolve both the latter issues with Jesus covering wide - though I really want more pace added to the squad). In all honesty the priority is pretty equal between them, but I suspect TP5 will be off.

benjamin86

Established Member
If there is a taker for Partey it would be CM, RW, CF in that order (but of course one player could potentially resolve both the latter issues with Jesus covering wide - though I really want more pace added to the squad). In all honesty the priority is pretty equal between them, but I suspect TP5 will be off.
I'd like Olise as he solves 2 problems for us, being able to offer depth with Saka or Ødegaard. I think Partey is done, it doesnt matter how good a player you are if you're not available.

Think they will balance the books this summer but still push to strengthen the squad.
Offloads like Ramsdale :( ,Partey, Zinchenko, Cedric, Tierney, Elneny, Vieira, Nketiah, Nelson, Tavares, Lokonga will happen which will leave a big hole in our numbers as well as our home grown quota.

Expect to see a few home grown promoted or brought in as part of some of the key positions we have to fill, at a minimum
Center Forward
Defensive Midfielder
Oodegard back up if Vieira sold
Right Wing
Center Back
Right / Left Back
Goalkeeper

Could actually be a big summer

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Thursday, May 23

Arsenal have agreed to part ways with midfielder Sambi Lokonga following talks with the player [Evening Standard]

Arsenal are likely to be priced out of a move for Sporting Lisbon’s £86m striker Viktor Gyokeres [Football Insider]

Arsenal are considering a move for Feyenoord GK Justin Bijlow as a replacement for Aaron Ramsdale [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe is keen to reunite with Ramsdale if the club can make an acceptable offer [Sam Dean - The Telegraph]

Ajax LB Jorrel Hato remains the club’s top defensive target [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom