• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arteta’s Transfer Targets: Summer 2024

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 5,529
  • Views 286,650

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

This thread is good and everything.

But what's everyone's view on both Bruno and De Jong and who is your preference to sign?

Feel we need a thread for this to be discussed.

De Jong is my preference however I haven’t actually seen him play in a while. So it’s a punch in the dark based on what I’ve seen previously.

In terms of value for money it’s probably Bruno given his PL experience but I’d rather Isak from Newcastle.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This thread is good and everything.

But what's everyone's view on both Bruno and De Jong and who is your preference to sign?

Feel we need a thread for this to be discussed.
Bruno. DecJong is a bit of a myth. Very nice on the eye. But can’t defend and not physical enough

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
De Jong is my preference however I haven’t actually seen him play in a while. So it’s a punch in the dark based on what I’ve seen previously.

In terms of value for money it’s probably Bruno given his PL experience but I’d rather Isak from Newcastle.
Bruno. DecJong is a bit of a myth. Very nice on the eye. But can’t defend and not physical enough

Great stuff so far lads, keep the responses coming!

@A_G since there is no appropriate thread for this discussion really, you may as well move these to the already existing Bruno thread please and thank you 👍

LookingForEric

What about Rice?

Jorginho works so well because he has Rice there. I don’t believe athleticism in that role is too important in our side.

Bruno and FDJ are both not blessed as powerful runners.

ArsenesCoatMaker

Established Member

@ArsenesCoatMaker

Whoscored says he's played most of his games as an attacking midfielder, so he may lock down left 8 for us. In terms of skills on the ball he looks a better fit for Artetaball than Martinelli or Tross. But I'm only basing that on highlights of him balling.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Whoscored says he's played most of his games as an attacking midfielder, so he may lock down left 8 for us. In terms of skills on the ball he looks a better fit for Artetaball than Martinelli or Tross. But I'm only basing that on highlights of him balling.

Too lightweight a midfield with him and MØ I fear.

Gallagher the move.

Rattata

Simons is to small for our squad. We already got Saka and Ødegaard in the starting eleven who aren't the tallest. If you go for a smaller player it has to be someone that at least has some defensive qualities like a Kimmich for example.

LookingForEric

Simons is to small for our squad. We already got Saka and Ødegaard in the starting eleven who aren't the tallest. If you go for a smaller player it has to be someone that at least has some defensive qualities like a Kimmich for example.

That’s alright as we play with 4 CB height defenders across the back + Rice and Havertz

Rattata

That’s alright as we play with 4 CB height defenders across the back + Rice and Havertz
I'm talking about bypassing the press of your opponent and winning aerials in their half. Tall defenders don't really help you with that and if you sign a Simons then you move Rice to the 6 position which means we only have Havertz that reliably wins headers. This makes us to predictable.

lomekian

Essays are my thing
I don't disagree with any of that. My response was as to why City have been able to sign players without promising them a starting spot, not about whether they're more attractive as a destination.
City pay the likes of Phillips 150k a week to never play, plus god knows how much under the table. Until the 115 charges is dealt with, some players will have questions though

LookingForEric

I'm talking about bypassing the press of your opponent and winning aerials in their half. Tall defenders don't really help you with that and if you sign a Simons then you move Rice to the 6 position which means we only have Havertz that reliably wins headers. This makes us to predictable.

I think Simmons would be more LW, RW cover and also cover for those 8 positions, sometimes we can play Rice at 6 and other times a new signing.

As Mikel said we want to be a tactical Chameleon.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

This is stupid move when we have Nwaneri. And yes I believe Nwaneri is that good.

Xoxo

Remembering Havertz Missing 3 1v1s Against Villa
If only he didn't signed that Chelsea reject we wouldn't be dropping points at home to teams like Fulham, vila and west ham. However Arteta won't learn, he will keep playing that Chelsea reject next season and at the end blame totenham for not taking points off city

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
If only he didn't signed that Chelsea reject we wouldn't be dropping points at home to teams like Fulham, vila and west ham. However Arteta won't learn, he will keep playing that Chelsea reject next season and at the end blame totenham for not taking points off city
Havertz’s goals turned draws against Brentford (x2) and Sp**s into wins.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
i think Simmons will stay at PSG and make him a starter according to Fab PSG don't want to sell him.

Xoxo

Remembering Havertz Missing 3 1v1s Against Villa
Arsenal have strong interest in Benjamin Sesko and are considering a summer move for the Slovenia international.Understand that rival clubs believe #AFC are now in pole position to sign the striker, should they choose to formalise their interest

So this means havertz will be the main striker next season. Congratulations in advance Manchester City for winning the 24/25 epl title

Arsenal Quotes

I am not scared to spend money. If you go out with me one night, you will understand that.

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 28

Arsenal have been handed a boost as Sporting Lisbon have lowered their asking price for CB Ousmane Diomande from €80m to €60m [Record]

Sheffield Wednesday are keen on signing 21 year old striker Mika Biereth on loan [The Sheffield Star]

Arsenal hope to command a sizeable fee for Eddie Nketiah this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal and AC Milan are interested in Monaco midfielder Youssouf Fofana [Gazzetta]

Thomas Partey’s preference is to stay at Arsenal, but no talks have taken place over a new contract with one year left and the club could consider offers this summer [Charles Watts]

Latest posts

Top Bottom