• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

ashley cole doubtful for villa match

kanuuu

Established Member
they said on sky sports news ash has aggrevated a shoulder injury and is doubtful for sundays match, looks like clichy may get another start

lewdikris

Established Member
Fair enough. Mini-Ash gets another run out - there's not a person here who'll be worried by that, which is a sign of how good the kid is.

JazzG

Established Member
Clichy will do fine. This time last season I would of been WTF what do we do now, now I know we got someone who can do the job when called on.

beaney

Clichy will do fine, but all these injuries may expose weaknesses in our squad.

If Henry got injured tomorrow we'd be ****ed!!
midfield we do have more cover, defence we are working well with what weve got, but could do with either a quality CB or RB( and let Toure play in the other position)

Shame Toure isnt getting a start, but on the flip side at least Cygan is doing a good enough job.

zerofeel

Arsenal have an abled DEPUTY for ASHLEY COLE in Clichy and playing him will only accentuate his growing confidence so good luck to him and here's hoping he will assist well for the Villa match on Sunday.

Legend#1

Established Member
Clichy is an amazing talent, I'm glad he's going to get a game, he's safe, versitile, pacey, good tackler, all the attributes of a promising left back

The Mini

Can he play right? Mainly because I'm worried about his future. If Ash stays and Clichy stays he'll 2nd choice until he's in his thirties, and he might be good at RB, which'll mean a Defensive setup of:

Lehmann

Clichy Sol Toure Cole

Yo cant really go far wrong with that

GoonerLuke

Clichy won my confidence when I saw him going up against Beattie and winning headers. He's small, but extremely athletic.

GoonerLuke

The Mini said:
Can he play right? Mainly because I'm worried about his future. If Ash stays and Clichy stays he'll 2nd choice until he's in his thirties, and he might be good at RB, which'll mean a Defensive setup of:

Lehmann

Clichy Sol Toure Cole

Yo cant really go far wrong with that

Pires probably has 2 years of brilliance left before he becomes more of a bit player like Bergkamp has. Maybe Clichy could play the left midfield? With him and Ashley both being able to defend and attack they could become an extremely versataile left side. Just a thought.

Andrew

Last season when Cole was out it really hurt us but this season I don't think that's the case, thanks to Clichy.

Arsenal Quotes

I think I lost my hair flicking the ball on for all them years at the near post from Brian Marwood's corners

Steve Bould

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom