• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ashley Cole (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i think this statment is certainly more than meets the eye. chelsea maybe putting pressure on arsenal? a signal for cole to do something?

Viper

Established Member
If Chelsea got Drogba for £24 million, then Cole shouldn't be sold any lower than £25 million.

But now it appears to be unlikely that Chelsea will continue their pursuit.

burnsjed

Established Member
sabret00the said:
It feels to me like Wenger feels that the Cole situation isn't untennable, either way there will be a new contract of a sale within the next 14 days.

Though I have grown to hate the little ghit, if we don't sell him in this transfer window, I sure hope we can get another contract sorted, though some how I feel that is unlikely given his frame of mind.

I sure don't want to lose another player on a Bosman, what with Kanu, Edu, Wiltord & Pires all going that way.

patrick42uk

Established Member
i have to admire how good arsenal are in digging their heels in. we are a) very good at getting the right price for a player b) brilliant at keeping a player against the odds.

i think the above two are the mmost likely outcomes and its a win-win situation if you ask me.

Pepe LeFrits

Established Member
It's posturing by Chelsea. They want Cole, they just don't want to give Wenger a nice transfer kitty.

If they'll pay £24m for Didier Drogba they'll pay it for Cole. Stand firm, double-D!

harsha129

quick question, I know the rules are a bit complicated but can Ashley buy out the rest of his contract after the end of this season?

goonerz49

kaids said:
It's posturing by Chelsea. They want Cole, they just don't want to give Wenger a nice transfer kitty.

If they'll pay £24m for Didier Drogba they'll pay it for Cole. Stand firm, double-D!

100% spot on, if cole played for any other team chelsea would happily pay whatever price the selling club wanted with a smile on their faces, but because it's arsenal they refuse to pay what he's worth, i really really f**king hate chelsea with a vengance

brianodom

Cole just needs to grow up and admit his errors and come on back and play dang ball...I've seen this mess before here in the states ..moaning and groaning about nothing ...HEY COLE...GROW UP :?

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
This is an 'ego' issue more than anything. Chelski can cough up the 25M without sweat..it just gets them that we are the ones pimping the ***** this time. If it was different team the deal would have been done by now.

Bigpapa42

Gotta love how Chelsea will pay well over market value for any player... but they want to get a fair deal for Cole.... Sure.... Right....

JazzG

Established Member
goonerz49 said:
er..........so what now?

Chelsea want him and are making these comments to try and shake us up and get us to panic and let him go. But the foundations this club are built on aren't weak and Chelsea know that. Chelsea tried to pressure Lyon as well but they would not budge. In the end Chelsea still ended up paying well over market price for him.

If he goes to Chelsea we get a very big lump of sum, if he goes abroad we won't get as much but still a decent amount, if not we keep a damn good player. I mean are we really in a bad position?

otfgoon

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
This is an 'ego' issue more than anything. Chelski can cough up the 25M without sweat..it just gets them that we are the ones pimping the ***** this time. If it was different team the deal would have been done by now.

Exactly. Quite frankly I would rather sell cole to madrid for £9m cheaper.

goonerz49

**** it i'd rather give away for nothing to anyone else if it meant f**king chelsea over and pissing that absoloute **** mourinho off

hujja

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=408926&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=4161&title=Chelsea:+Cole+price+too+big

:lol:

Excellent.

They wanted him. Now they have to get him. Simple as. They're the world's richest club. Surely this can't pose a problem for them can it? :wink:

Shadow Moses

Established Member
Is there really no other club looking for a LB that we can sell this **** to? For someone as good as Cole surely there must be another interested party we can sell him to other than the Russian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom