• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Assessment of Arsenal youth's chances

arsena1

with the recent exposure of our youth in the recent carling cup games this season, it's given us a chance to play 'wenger' and assess their chances of making 1st team.

I'll start with bentley who got his 1st team goal tonight vs boro.
(first goal if I'm not wrong.)

on to bentley.

dodgy haircut but he's played ok on the left in the Carling cup
and had a brilliant bergkamp-esque goal against boro tonight.

I think his position is in the 'hole' area since he doesn't have a
long passing range or the ability to make shuffling runs in search of space and passing lanes like pires.

But he's handy around the box area and takes a good free kick.
plus he makes runs into the box and make little 1-2s around the area.

I'm thinking that there is a reason why he's not on loan like pennant or volz. and that's becos he's being groomed.

like clichy, bentley definitely has a future in arsenal though it will be interesting who he might eventually replace since henry is king and aliaderie is just breaking through and he definitely needs to improve to inherit pires's position.

and clichy's position is tricky since he's an ashley copy and ashley's pretty young. I can't think of where he will go except to cover for ashley once in a while.

aliaderie's definitely featuring in our future since it seems wenger thinks very highly of him but I think he will need an instinctive partner because in all the matches I've watched him, he's not really trusted with the ball yet and some of his runs goes to naught if he doesnt get picked out.

the rest who didn't play much..

quincy is lively but too wasteful of his chances.does seem to like to run with the ball too much.
ryan smith's speedy but like to dribble too much as well.

Mark

Established Member
the only youngsters that have really impressed me have been clichy and aliadiere, although to be fair they've been given the most chances this season. bentley scored a great goal but he'll have to do a bit more to really make an impression, but i think if given more chances he can do it.

kajej

For Clichy as I've said in another thread, he can become a great LM if he adds attacking play to his game or a CM also.

A.Hussain

i honestly think wenger should recall pennant know, he can push freddie upfront and fill the striker role and pennant can work the right wing.

and on a personal level i only feel wenger should buy a new striker if both wiltord and kanu leave. if only one of them is leaving, then we will still have titi, bergy, ali, freddie( can work as a striker). one more striker will work in this situtation

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Quote "I think his position is in the 'hole' area since he doesn't have a
long passing range or the ability to make shuffling runs in search of space and passing lanes like pires."

He might not 'shuffle' but he certainly has the passing skills and the ability to create space, although #10 is his best position.

Taozhe

Bentley appears lightweight and seemed to be pushed around. But with experience I think he should become a player who uses skill ... like the dutchmaster :)

Great goal by the way :)

Jinn

Established Member
Aliadiere is lightweight too. It's just because of their age.

Better them being lightweight than fat like Rooney!

Sol man

The Aliadiere Bentley partnership has been really good for the reserves. Maybe the can bring that to the 1st team

Sol man

We all seem to be forgetting two other kids. Garry and Senderos. At the end of last season everyone was talking about them but now they seem to have dissapeared.
I know Phillip is injured but where on earth is garry.

The Mini

I think he's injured too.

Quincy has played well considering he has been thrown into the deep end, he was sub for the reserve side when all the regular reserves were playing the last game of the season

Mark

Established Member
i don't know if garry is going to get much of a chance now based on clichy's performances and wenger seems to think hoyte is a good talent too.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.
Top Bottom