• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Aston Villa 0 Arsenal 0 - Player Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

asajoseph

Established Member
That was, I have to say, the most bored I've been watching an Arsenal game in a long, long time. A reasonable performance from the defence, but absolutely nothing at all from the strikers and midfield. Too many people just didn't show up today, and the lack of anyone taking responsibility in the middle of the park in a game like this just shows that we are no longer a top class side.

Jens Lehmann - 6 - One horrendous miskick, one missed punch, and one or two moments when you thought he might do something stupid, but on the whole a reasonably solid game. Although if Villa could actually shoot on target, it might have been another story.

Lauren - 7 - MOTM - Not spectacular, but put in some good defensive work today, and was unruffled. The fact that he was our best player just about sums it up really.

Kolo - 6 - Reasonably solid, although struggled with Moore's strength from time to time

Campbell - 6 - Likewise, struggled somewhat with Baros, and as the most senior player was not commanding from Villa's corners. Helped hold a good line though, and kept Baros offside on a number of occasions. Put in some strong challenges too

Cygan - 4 - Done for pace several times, out of position several times, and some dreadful passes several times. Put in a few useful challenges, but as he's not a left-back, he provided nothing going forward, even if he tried to get into position to do so. Unlucky to get booked

Ljungberg - 4 - Provided absolutely nothing, apart from the shot off the bar. Not strong on the ball, and spent most of the game on his arse looking perplexed.

Flamini - 3 - The only conclusion I can come to about this guy is that he consistently plays well against Chelsea and in games that I can't watch. Other than that, whenever I do actually see him, he's ****e. Never looked like scoring our best chance, and generally didn't make himself available for passes through the whole game. Was noticable by his absence breaking up play in the middle of the park, was lucky not to get booked after 23 minutes, and probably would have if Rennie a) had not been playing advantage and b) was a proper referee. I wanted him to do well today, I really did, but I saw absolutely nothing from him, yet again.

Fabregas - 4 - Struggled to get involved throughout the match, and although he distributed it reasonably when he had it, he really provided little of any note. Had one shot from distance, that was encouraging to see him trying, even if it was poor.

Hleb - 4 - Despite one or two excellent turns in the middle, he just looked to be on a completely different wavelength from everyone else today. Looked frustrated by the fact that people were not running onto his passes, and probably rightly so, but he managed to give away even the simplest of passes today. NOT a good performance, and he needs to work on his understanding of his teammates.

Van Persie - 5 - Really struggled to get involved, but at least he showed a willingness to shoot. Set himself up for one with an excellent touch 5 yards outside the penalty area, and was unlucky to be called offside in the first half when he was clean through, but looked like he was missing a lot of his sharpness

Henry - 4 - Had absolutely no touch today whatsoever. Did not play the captains role, struggled to control passes coming into him, and was generally completely uneffective.

Subs -

Bergkamp - 4 - Showed a little strength when he came on, and a couple of nice touches around the halfway line, but other than that offered absolutely nothing in the way of penetration.

Pires - 4 - Same old, same old Pires. No threat whatsoever, and passed to Reyes on the edge of the area when he should have shot himself.

Reyes - 6 - At least looked willing and able to have a go once he came on, trying to use his pace, but didn't really have long enough to make much of an impression.

All in all, an incredibly drab performance. I'm glad I didn't bother going up to Birmingham to watch it.

asajoseph

Established Member
Apologies, there already seems to be a thread on this subject - if the moderator of this forum would merge the two topics, instead of removing mine I'd much appreciate it. I don't feel like typing that out again!

Tegh

Established Member
I agree with Lauren as MOTM, he was our best player, and even then he wasn't spectacular.

Viper

Established Member
longrufus said:
ever heard of copy and paste my good man?
That would be pretty stupid - waste of forum space D:

Theres no point of having two threads which are the same.

longrufus

Established Member
well you must be pretty stupid too.
was referring to asa not having to write out his post again, if this topic was locked, hence why asa wanted it merged. think before you condem

ccc

longrufus said:

copy/paste has been disabled at regular view mood since last upgrade. very inconvenient. you have to go to post page to copy sth.

longrufus

Established Member
ccc said:
longrufus said:

copy/paste has been disabled at regular view mood since last upgrade. very inconvenient. you have to go to post page to copy sth.

Yes but if you hit edit on your original post, you can then copy what you have wrote, then all you need to do is paste it in the quick reply section of the desired thread, easy as pie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom