• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Auston Trusty The Process

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Probably one of the best CBs in the league at the moment.

Left foot, only 24 years old - awesome.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Any chance of him going to the WC now?
No idea, would be a good experience for him. I saw the U.S. manager kinda has his favourites and doesn't seem to have Ream involved who would seem to be the U.S. defender with most hierarchy and quality from what I read in that article (which I posted in the Turner thread, because it had interesting insight on him), so I guess probably not.

Anyone watch him? How's his passing (Austin Trusty's that is)?

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Sometimes I think people assume there’s an agenda whenever we sign players from certain countries. When we signed Tomiyasu, I heard people say it was a “marketing strategy”. Same thing was said when we signed Turner and Trusty. These guys are professional footballers and our scouting has definitely improved in the last 2 years. I think they deserve more respect.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Sometimes I think people assume there’s an agenda whenever we sign players from certain countries. When we signed Tomiyasu, I heard people say it was a “marketing strategy”. Same thing was said when we signed Turner and Trusty. These guys are professional footballers and our scouting has definitely improved in the last 2 years. I think they deserve more respect.
Tomiyasu played in much higher level and can’t really compare. This signing was not just football related. Kroenkes team needed to sell a player and needed to get their finance in order and he used Arsenal for it

When do big club sign 23/24 year olds and loan them out to championship level of league?

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Tomiyasu played in much higher level and can’t really compare. This signing was not just football related. Kroenkes team needed to sell a player and needed to get their finance in order and he used Arsenal for it

When do big club sign 23/24 year olds and loan them out to championship level of league?
Signing Trusty was not a ploy to benefit the finances of the Colorado Rapids. The Kroenke's teams are doing very well financially.

Signing Trusty was about starting the process of connecting the Kroenke's two soccer teams. Having the Rapids become a feeder team for Arsenal benefits everyone. Trusty signing for Arsenal and immediately going on loan is still great for everyone because he at least is getting the chance to prove himself in Europe. It is vital for MLS teams to create these relationships and opportunities for American players.

For example, Red Bull owns the New York Red Bulls. If you play well for them you will get signed for either RB Leipzig or RB Salzburg. Tyler Adams and Brenden Aaronson both played for the New York Red Bulls, and Adams went to Leipzig, and Aaronson went to Salzburg. Now both of them are Leeds United and are coach by Jesse Marsh who has coached at New York Red Bulls, RB Salzburg, and RB Leipzig.

Trusty will start building that bridge. Arsenal will now have a first look at talented youth players at the Colorado Rapids, and some of America's best youth players will want to play for the Rapids because it will increase their chances of playing for Arsenal.

If Trusty turned out to be a bust, that would be fine too, because at least the pathway to Europe is being built. The fact that he is playing great is a massive bonus. Next season he could be a part of the first team, and at the worst we could sell him for more than we bought him.

Don't be surprised if we start seeing more Americans in the academy and the first team in the years to come.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Trusty profile was weird though. Even people who watched MLS wasn't impressed.

Granted it has turned out well now but the fears weren't unfounded.

Tomiyasu on the other hand, people who knows football already knew how good he was. Same for Turner, statistically he is the best MLS GK ever.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Trusty profile was weird though. Even people who watched MLS wasn't impressed.

Granted it has turned out well now but the fears weren't unfounded.

Tomiyasu on the other hand, people who knows football already knew how good he was. Same for Turner, statistically he is the best MLS GK ever.
How can it has turned out well when he hasn’t played a minute for us?

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

AM told this guy is useless buy, something Kroenke forced to do. Likely racism against US players or something.

Arsenal Quotes

Have Tottenham closed the gap on Arsenal?
Last time I checked they were still 4 miles and 11 titles away

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom