• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Barcelona v Arsenal | CL QF 2nd leg | Tue 6 Apr. 19:45 | SS2

arsmile

Established Member
we just need to go all out....i think we might need to score 3....and i think we can, if we do so, we can concede up to 3..which i think we may well do as well

just go all at it, if we concede it really doesnt much affect our game plan and/or chances.

barca wont sit back, and if they did it'd only damage their game...this should be open as hell, and if we keep it like that it works in our favour

we've got nothing to lose, so we need to just do our best impression of a football team...and let barca do theirs......

i dont think it matters if we concede a couple, we're gonna need to score a bucket load, forget barca- just go at 'em like a mentalist

al
sagna-sol-verm-clichy
denilson-song-nasri
eboue-nik-rosicky

theo and diaby are both good for an impact off the bench if need be, ...they shouldn't start- diaby was awful midweek and theo's one dimension is all or nothing.....we cant let that dictate our whole offensive tactics...

Nela

Established Member
Barca's league game is just starting.

They're resting a lot of players. No Xavi, Zlatan, Alves, Keita or Pedro.

And they're playing Maxwell in midfield.

xcdude24

Established Member
As people are saying, Barca are favorites, so the pressure is on them to deliver. We play well as underdogs in Europe, so I think we'll definitely have a shot.

The most important part of this game will be the first 20 minutes or so. I expect them to come at us like they did in the first leg, so keeping our feet on the ground and not conceeding will be crucial. If we can hold on through the first half, I think we have a definite shot.

kamikaze80

Established Member
i don't see us out-barcaing barca, not with our three best attacking players and goalscorers out (van persie, fabregas, arshavin).

we have to stay compact, hit their weakened backline on the counter when we can, and keep possession when we can. they are the superior team, you can't just go out and play like you normally do.

as for campbell v song, i dont rate song as a CB at all. but campbell will not have much time to recover and i really fear that messi, pedro, iniesta (is he still out?) could turn him inside out. if he's fit, then i suppose we leave everyone as is and roll with what we've got.

caldeltatrojan

We need multiple goals to have a chance. I would put out an attacking lineup. Something like:

Al
Sagna
TV
Sol
Clichy
Song
Diaby
Nasri
Rosicky
Nik
Theo

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
I would play Eboue. He is perfect for this kind of game. Other than that, I would continue to play Song in defence and Denilson in midfield.

IBL

Established Member
watching the barca game now (they've just taken lead), that pitch is ginormous! Theo could do some real damage there, he has to play some part in the return match. Also I cant see Barca doing the same high tempo pressing that they did in the first half against us, they would tire very quickly.

ricky1985

Established Member
The Emirates' pitch is bigger, mate. It's the camera angle that's deceptive.

Although I still agree with your point. If Theo has his game face on he could thrive out there.

JGooner

Full week's rest for Diaby, eh. Barca understand our passing game because they play it themselves. What they might not understand is a big ************ running with the ball from deep like a bulldozer. He needs to deliver.

Rocafella

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
The Emirates' pitch is bigger, mate. It's the camera angle that's deceptive.

Funnily enough I checked the dimensions of the pitches earlier because I always thought Barcelona had a big pitch but like you say, the Emirates is bigger.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Re: Barcelona v Arsenal | CL QF 2nd leg | Tue 6 April 19:45

dreamLord said:
I might start Eboue on the right depending on Rosicky's fitness. Would tire out their LB as well for Theo to dominate the spotlight again.
:lol: Is that you, Wenger?

Kain

Established Member
JGooner said:
Full week's rest for Diaby, eh. Barca understand our passing game because they play it themselves. What they might not understand is a big ************ running with the ball from deep like a bulldozer. He needs to deliver.

He has been one of our best distance runners for a while, he covers the most ground in games seriously hoping the Maradona version of Abou turns up for this the bastard that tore Fenerbahce apart.

est

JGooner said:
:lol:

I agree though.

James

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
Zlatan injured in the warm up against Bilbao today. Will he make it for Tues?
Apparently not according to the commentators. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

Zico

Established Member
We cannot afford to sit back and hope. Last time we were lucky to go into half time at 0-0. If we play the same way, chances are Barca will stuff us this time. We need to put them under pressure as well, try to pin Alves back as much as possible, and definitely swarm Xavi. That might force Ibra to fall back to support the playmaking, giving our defenders a bit more room. Everything is interconnected.

Zico

Established Member
James said:
Shadow Moses said:
Zlatan injured in the warm up against Bilbao today. Will he make it for Tues?
Apparently not according to the commentators. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

That would force Henry to have to take us out. For once, I'd hope the great man has a right stinker

est

He looked very uninterested when he came on at the Grove. Hope he starts and plays like that again.

xcdude24

Established Member
It'd be huge if Ibra is out for Tuesday. He was probably their most dangerous player, and he's certainly the type of player that we struggle against time and time again.

Wenger14

Established Member
Apparently Ibra and Iniesta won't make it for Tuesday. The guys at the studio seem to think Bojan and Pedro will play?

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom