Barcelona vs Arsenal | August 4th | KO: 19:00 BST | Joan Gamper Trophy

Discussion in 'Match Day Archive' started by OnlyOne, Aug 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

He did not gesture. He looked, saw him making the run and instead of stepping back he steps forward.

2. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Now you're just talking trash. Mustafi makes many mistakes but this was not his fault.

3. gunner4lyfe

gunner4lyfe Well-Known Member

If he had gone back instead of forward in that instance would Suarez have been able to score? And im talk about before the pass is made because Suarez did make his move before that.

4. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

An impossible question to answer. Suarez did very well to get a single touch on this.

CJJ likes this.
  5. CJJ

CJJ Well-Known Member

@gunner4lyfe
    You are only saying that because it resulted in a goal.
    We want defenders to do the actions that result in the least chance of a goal.
    If you honestly think Mustafi should be following Suarez there you are essentially saying you'd rather gamle that a winger can go into our channel, be able to turn INWARDS and face the goal for a potential 1v1 with our CB or a shot in a great position.
    Sorry mate but i'm not buying that. This is football at the absolute highest level. You'd get punished hard.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
    Mark Tobias likes this.
  6. ceadsearc

ceadsearc Member

Douzi isn’t creative enough or skillful enough to play in the 10, I see him more as a defensive midfielder. He needs to develop better defensive positioning.

For the Newcastle game, assuming pepe’s not fit, I’d go

Leno
    Monreal/Kola, Sokratis, Holding, AMN
    Ceballos Torreira willock
    Laca Auba Özil

If Pepe is fit then willock or torreira goes out and Özil drops back into 10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.