• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

It's the same as Porto, Lens performance. We barely tested the opponent keeper again and is just content with passing around without threatening
It’s like people has not paid attention to any of our away games in the CL thinking we were gonna win

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Bayern still nothing special at all. Won it with a combination of experience and our lack of flair and defensive brain farts.

Olivier_Giroud

I do not know why people are surprised this ends up in defeat... Everyone bar the delusional Arteta fanatics expected a defeat...

This is Basically European Giants composed of a team full of winners with a Coach who has actually won the the thing versus a team full of bottlers with a coach who won nothing...

The delusion and arrogance of Arteta fanatics here in AM who think we can breeze through Bayern is laughable..

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This 2nd half look similar to that villa one performance wise we look fatigued not focused can't keep the ball

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
It’s not like we absolutely dominated the first half either, we were just marginally better. Second half pathetic.

TriniGunner

It's the same as Porto, Lens performance. We barely tested the opponent keeper again and is just content with passing around without threatening
Exactly. First half Bayern is pressing, and players are more than happy to just pass it around in our half and not threaten. Teams like Bayern Munich are more than happy to wait until someone makes a mistake which is exactly what happened when the game started. Martinelli in positions to run at wing backs, chooses to stop, turn and play the ball back into defense or deep midfield. Nothing frustrates me more than a winger who can't beat his man.

TheDrunkenMaster

Apparently we have outgrown Jesus and Zinchenko, maybe that’s true cause they have turned completely crap but it doesn’t say much about the quality of this team. Our midfield last year with xhaka and partey would have outplayed them

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Well…

Despite our inexperience showing, I don’t believe this was mainly a manpower issue. Bayern provided questions we simply were not set up to answer. At no point this match did I really feel like we would score.

Champions League is a cruel tournament. This hurts. We put up a fight, but came up short… at the end of the day you just have to say fair play.

Main hope is two fold:

A) that the players are able to bounce back quickly and use this disappointment to motivate them for the remainder of the league
B) that the players take this on the chin and learn from this. As I said, our inexperience showed at the critical moments, and if you want to be a top team you can’t flounder when it really matters

Buhry

Established Member

Absolutely gutted, that 2nd half was such a letdown. Looked like we'd given up. In attack we were completely toothless. Felt like we didn't have any belief at all. Just sad to watch. I am sad now. No way we're winning the league either with this mentality.

Also disspointed with Arteta, too slow to make subs again which cost us and then didn't make any changes last 15 minutes really, could have thrown in partey or soemthing as a wild card but no.

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Tonight we see again why a clinical finisher is so important. You have to take your chances.

In both losses, we weren’t at our best, but our performances should have given us more.
We created one good chance today. Not good enough to win it. They did it comfortably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

You weren’t world-class when Arsenal signed you

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom