• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I'm not sure we have any world class players other than Saliba.
Him and Ødegaard are the closest but one is very young for a defender and the other is excellent but would be like a Rosicky or Hleb in our talented sides of the past (i.e. not the main man).

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tbf I must have posted it about 50 times, but you can't just be top contenders in the CL in your first season. It's a different ball game. Look at how long it took City to get over the mental hurdles. They first qualified in 2011 yet didn't even get past the quarters until 2021 a decade later. The whole football heritage thing is true. We were never gonna be serious contenders this year, you even saw for about 20 minutes how Bayern were used to dealing with that situation once they had the lead.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Weak Bayern team right? Right.

Yes it was. We failed to capitalise on their weakened team and only have ourselves to blame.

If anyone thinks they’re this formidable team then I’m willing to take a bet with anyone that they’ll go out in the next stage. Any takers?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Tbf I must have posted it about 50 times, but you can't just be top contenders in the CL in your first season. It's a different ball game. Look at how long it took City to get over the mental hurdles. They first qualified in 2011 yet didn't even get past the quarters until 2021 a decade later. The whole football heritage thing is true. We were never gonna be serious contenders this year, you even saw for about 20 minutes how Bayern were used to dealing with that situation once they had the lead.
I have no problem with this happening against Madrid or City. That was an awful Bayern that United scored more goals against and we got them in worse form and did that. Disgusting stuff. We should at least have been in the semi given the favorable draws we got.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Yes it was. We failed to capitalise on their weakened team and only have ourselves to blame.

If anyone thinks they’re this formidable team then I’m willing to take a bet with anyone that they’ll go out in the next stage. Any takers?
They’re not weak they’re just poor by Bayern standards. Even a poor Bayern team knows how to make a CL semi, same as United did back in the day, before they became pure ****e.

Reactions: roz

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
Out run and out gunned?

Sorry bro, I didn’t see that.

The game was more end to end yes, particularly when Bayern upped their tempo in their build up and pressing. But other than that they found themselves in their midblock, and looking for their specific build up technique down our right side.

They did better in the second half I thought, but they didn’t do enough with the Musiala vs White/Saliba matchup they were trying to push.

Could we have been more risky when chasing the game? Yes I do think so. This is something I want Arteta to bring into our game going forward.

I’m frustrated we could not win, but I think we competed today. Lessons have been learnt by the boys.

Play it back tmrw.

There were gaping chasms in midfield for us today. Ødegaard too far fwd leading our press, Jorginho too slow and Rice caught in two minds a lot of the time. We didn’t have inverting full backs because of their threat down the wings so we were out numbered and out run if not at least out fought, but I maintain it was the former.

roz

Fake News Merchant

I’ll take that bet. Banishment from AM to the loser? 🧐

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
I just think calling it disgraceful is ridiculous.
Losing in general isn't, we're no better than Bayern once you remove PL tax. The fashion in which we did - season collapse, no threat, Bayern there for the taking, it being ****ing Bayern - was a disgrace

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’ll take that bet. Banishment from AM to the loser? 🧐

I’ve watched enough of Bayern this season, so I’m happy to take that bet.

City or Real Madrid will do them. They’ve got enough quality to damage them.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Losing in general isn't, we're no better than Bayern once you remove PL tax. The fashion in which we did - season collapse, no threat, Bayern there for the taking, it being ****ing Bayern - was a disgrace

Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It’s not impossible to go through a season unbeaten and I can’t see why it’s shocking to say that.

Arsène Wenger, 2 years before the Invincibles completed the unbeaten league season

Latest posts

Top Bottom