• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I totally agree. I'd trust all those so called "loser" teams to do better vs this version of Bayern.

We would have at least shown some fight or created chances.

This side are pretty passive and it felt like we’ve seen this sort of performance before vs Newcastle, Aston Villa, Fulham etc.

roz

Fake News Merchant
Some presumably adults in here posting like children having actual tantrums. We've got some guy pretending to be Batman ranting about his "high standards" as if his "standards" mean a thing to anyone 🤣.
Pack it up folks, season is OVER. How dare we not smash Bayern 5-0 and 10points clear of 115 charges fc. An absolute outrage 😡😡😡

Menard

As weak as they may be this Bayern team is still better than the Chelsea team Tuchel won the CL with fwiw. If you can setup to nullify the opponent, not make mistakes, and have enough quality to punish your opponents errors you can get far in this competition. Tuchel may be having an awful year but he's still super sharp tactically. Unfortunately we made egregious mistakes, and Bayern didn't.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Tbf I must have posted it about 50 times, but you can't just be top contenders in the CL in your first season. It's a different ball game. Look at how long it took City to get over the mental hurdles. They first qualified in 2011 yet didn't even get past the quarters until 2021 a decade later. The whole football heritage thing is true. We were never gonna be serious contenders this year, you even saw for about 20 minutes how Bayern were used to dealing with that situation once they had the lead.
Great post. People aren't being reasonable IMO. Havertz, Jorginho and Jesus are the only players who have any proper CL experience. For most it's their first season ever in the CL

Last edited:

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Play it back tmrw.

There were gaping chasms in midfield for us today. Ødegaard too far fwd leading our press, Jorginho too slow and Rice caught in two minds a lot of the time. We didn’t have inverting full backs because of their threat down the wings so we were out numbered and out run if not at least out fought, but I maintain it was the former.

Yeah i noticed this, i don't quite know when this Ødegaard almost striker role started but it really impacts our attacking play when he can't get on the ball in deeper positions.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

At least I’m glad I’ll be going to watch Granit Xhaka and a proper team tomorrow night.

Wasn’t even going to go but got offered Leverkusen tickets by a work colleague today.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Tbf I must have posted it about 50 times, but you can't just be top contenders in the CL in your first season. It's a different ball game. Look at how long it took City to get over the mental hurdles. They first qualified in 2011 yet didn't even get past the quarters until 2021 a decade later. The whole football heritage thing is true. We were never gonna be serious contenders this year, you even saw for about 20 minutes how Bayern were used to dealing with that situation once they had the lead.
They made the semis in 2015

mpower2540

Yeah it’s a pretty lazy narrative to just use the experience factor.

How many of those Bayern players have been to this stage in the CL on a consistent basis? Kimmich, Neuer and Goretzka are the only ones that come to mind, the rest are fairly new to the competition or club itself.

Lack of quality and conviction in front of goal was our downfall over the two legs imo.
I will say we looked shook at 1-0 and we started to rush everything so we could’ve done with someone to get us together. Experience probably plays a role but I do think some people are just built different. They thrive on the big stage. We lack those personalities.

Neuer for example exuded confidence all night. Never concerned at any point even when we were pressing well he was just pinging it to his man. Musiala is still very young and he was so secure and sharp. If you’ve got it you’ve got it.

Pyromaniac

Our front three is not good enough on the ball to win titles at this level. Bayern were there for the taking in the 1st half.
Really disappointing to go out in Europe again against a team we should beat, when you consider their recent form. But still, City or Madrid would have beat us in the semis due to our lack of technical ability in attack.

roz

Fake News Merchant
There is always an excuse. We've spent enough to expect better performances in the cups and the bigger games.
Cmon man, there’s obvious progression at the club. Hard not to get caught up in the frenzy of a title charge having been crap for so long. We are easily in the top 3 sides in the prem, narrowly went out to Bayern… realistically what more do you want at this stage? We’ll get better with the team we have, Arteta will (hopefully) learn also. Could still win the Prem also…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom