• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

I finally understand the "I'm not mad...I am just disappointed" thing my mum used to say to me when I was a kid, as that perfectly sums how I feel about these past 3 games and this team.

Except I also feel incredibly mad at these ****1ng losers too.

Deny it as they must, but mothers have the gift of prescience.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Lol this place is wild 😭

We were outplayed simple as and it’s about the level we expected tbh. Bayern are well seasoned CL and Tuchel outsmarted Arteta.

It’s just wild to me that ppl actually thought we deserved to win when the evidence suggests otherwise.

We come again next year, now we have gained the experience and know what it takes to get to the next level. It’s part of the process!

I thought the gulf in quality was pretty obvious today . Midfield and defence we are fine but their front 4 is so much better . Good thing about this game is , it would be pretty obvious to the manager where we need to improve in the summer.

elemoo

I thought the gulf in quality was pretty obvious today . Midfield and defence we are fine but their front 4 is so much better . Good thing about this game is , it would be pretty obvious to the manager where we need to improve in the summer.

100%. Their attack is on another level and it’s not even close. I think we can get there… just weird ppl thinking we should be beating them based on league form when we al know CL is a different beast.

It takes time to figure it out and improve the team before thinking about winning it, just ask Pep/City.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wasn’t the first half of the season where we were playing with ‘control’ (the amount of terms that the online Arsenal fan community come up with) precisely to prevent burnout?

What has happened now then if we are suddenly suffering from burnout ? We seem to be making lots of excuses for a team who have suffered the same issue at the same point in the season for nearly 3 years in a row.
It's likely the style of our play we press high and overplay some players eventually it'll catch up this is back to back 2nd half we looked dreadful with the ball and can't win tackles or progress the ball

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We’d be rotting in League 2 with these type of emotional armchair managerial anecdotes

"Arteta can't even win the Papa John's trophy, how can I back him to get us promoted!"

...me, when Rochdale knock us out of that cup in the quarter final.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I don’t even think it was mainly experience why we lost tonight. Lack of quality and game changers for me.

You need your “WC players” to step up here and produce a moment of magic yet I saw none on the pitch.

Our “WC” players have very little to no champions league experience. So yeah, experience plays a big part. This was a good experience for Martinelli, Saka, saliba, Ødegaard, etc who have never been in this high a level match. This is the champions league, baby

Sapient Hawk

Destiny's Hand 🖐🏿
Trusted ⭐

Look man, I don't mind you insulting me...but use simpler words already ffs...

...stop making me having to look up meanings of words, feel double stupid from your insults 😅

In fairness, I can assure you it happened organically.

I'd never go out of my way to put all that effort in as it's against my ethos :lol:

Thrice

I didn't expect us to win the Champions League this year. After all those years we didn't qualify making the QF this year is a success in my book. It's progress.

That said, you could see today that this team is still lacking when they're not running on all cylinders. In form we can beat anyone. But we need to be really in form for that and no team is always in great form. Great teams find ways to win even when they're not red hot. Like Bayern did today.

This is a learning experience for the team and for Arteta and I'm sure we'll come back stronger next year. I refuse to believe that this team has peaked yet.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
It seems we are not capable of taking the next step yet again. hopefully we will learn of this and we can progress as a team but we have to many players who are not performing the way they should be.

Gooner505

I agree with the sentiment that we are still improving, are on the right trajectory upwards, have progressed well this season, etc. Logically that’s all true and I support Arteta and the team he’s built.

It just really hurt to see us go out playing such timid football. That was such a lackluster performance by Bayern in their home stadium, and we were absolutely dreadful in the second half.

Our key players are burned out and over used. Especially Saka, Martinelli, and Oedegaard. For me, the priorities in the summer are extremely clear now. We need another winger with pace and creativity who can rotate with Martinelli and Saka to keep them fresh and to compete with them for the starting spot. The second need is a reliable and clinical CF or striker. Havertz at CF is not good enough for an elite team. Finally, we need an upgrade of Jorginho at LCM. Jorgi’s been great this season but he’s too old to be playing two games a week. Keep him as a reliable backup.

HattoriHanzo

Against United, Copenhagen, Lazio and Galatasaray. If league form weren't relevant, we wouldn't constantly carry bad performances over from one tournament to another. This Bayern team were there for the taking and we had them on the ropes at home before shooting ourselves in the foot like we have every season under Arteta. I'm not going to ignore that because they beat some other awful teams earlier in the CL.
And we played against Sevilla, Lens, PSV and Porto, more - less same level of quality like them.

And they weren't there for taking. If we make combined first 11 between Arsenal and Bayern, how many of Arsenal players would you pick?
I would pick Saliba, Ødegaard, Rice and maybe Magalhaes, so 3, maximum 4 players.
They have better players than Arsenal.

HattoriHanzo

By the way, Arsenal Mania told me that Bundesliga is farmer's league.
Now they have 2 clubs in UCL semis.

I don't know if Liverpool can perform a miracle in Bergamo, or if West Ham can overcome deficit of 2 goals against Leverkusen.
So, both of them could go out from Europa League this evening.

Who is farmer's league then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom