• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss Bayern Munich 1 - 0 Arsenal | Wednesday 17th April | KO: 20:00 BST | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
GLYokuGXsAAWxB0

No nostalgia. No crying. No excuses.

Let’s just go out there and ruin someone’s night particularly Harold’s one please:

74828579-0-image-a-13_1693306103943.jpg

Martinelli G.Jesus Saka
Jorginho Ødegaard
Rice
Tomiyasu Gabriel Saliba White
Raya​

Bayern 0-2 Arsenal (Teta Luck remontada word to @Makingtrax )

HattoriHanzo

Premier League form has nothing to do with playing in the UCL. we beated Liverpool and City at home in a very convincing way and i rate them higher then Bayern and Real Madrid.

Real was outplayed by City yesterday for example and we didnt played that bad but our front players where not good enough.

We are one of the big dogs in the EPL but in Europe we need that little bit much of extra quality in our team.

Really think we need to get a proper striker in and a pure left back and ofcourse a proper partner for Rice.
Tell that to many people in this forum who wonder how we couldn't beat this "average" Bayern side which is "horribly out of form"

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
We barely beat Porto and had to resort Penalties in the knockouts and just got knocked out by an injury ravaged Bayern side whilst we had a full squad barring Timber, mind you the worst Bayern team in more than 15 years.

Overall, a very underwhelming UCL campaign.

HattoriHanzo

We barely beat Porto and had to resort Penalties in the knockouts and just got knocked out by an injury ravaged Bayern side whilst we had a full squad barring Timber, mind you the worst Bayern team in more than 15 years.

Overall, a very underwhelming UCL campaign.
If ravaged by injuries means 2 players (Gnabry and Coman), than Arsenal is half ravaged (Timber).

They might be the worst Bayern in last decade (yet they have won UCL 4 years ago), but I would pick 7-8 of their players in combined 11.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
No shame in going out to Bayern, but there is shame in showing no intent to win the tie. At some point, Arteta has to let the players play.
This will always be an issue with him. He wants & needs control. This will be the message he drums into his players also - control.

His players are trained to play in very particular ways & they all know each other's roles & positions inside out.

Playing outside of these parameters would be an alien concept to both the manager & the players.

In fact, i'd go far as saying that his tactics & gameplay actually LIMIT the progress of players, a they are drilled to play in such a specific way, they are not given freedom to play or play with any kind of expression or instinct.

It's why clubs will soon come knocking for players like Ødegaard. He is comfortably a level above the rest & the one player given licence to play with a bit of freedom as this is his superpower. Saka also, but to a lesser extent.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Beating any Bayern team in the CL was always going to be a tough ask. I thought we were quite good in the first half without causing Bayern too many problems but I'm really worried that this is the second time in a row where we've really dipped in the second half in terms of energy levels.

I'm not sure why we continued to commit to high press Bayern when we should have let them have more of the ball and look to hit them on the counter (similar to what they did at the Emirates).

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Can have all the patterns of play and control you want, it'll win us a league title eventually.

CL is revered because it's where your heroes that break out of that structure come through. You won't survive in this competition without players that can turn a tight game into a win. Even Atlético had Costa, Villa, Griezmann on their path to finals.

Similarly in 06 or 09 we had Henry, RVP, Fabregas, Walcott, Adebayor even Nasri that can swing games.

Don't think we have game changing quality of that ilk within the squad, we have very good players but none of them will dance on their own.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Beating any Bayern team in the CL was always going to be a tough ask. I thought we were quite good in the first half without causing Bayern too many problems but I'm really worried that this is the second time in a row where we've really dipped in the second half in terms of energy levels.

I'm not sure why we continued to commit to high press Bayern when we should have let them have more of the ball and look to hit them on the counter (similar to what they did at the Emirates).
The game was thrown away in 1st leg the moment I saw us gift them 2 goals in space of 15 minutes I knew the tie was over you have to go to Bayern with goal advantage we saw in CL this round only PSG turn things around and that because Barcelona were down to 10 men. Get these errors out from our game and then we might have chance achieve good things. Bayern may having thier worst season for a while but still a very good team

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

The game was thrown away in 1st leg the moment I saw us gift them 2 goals in space of 15 minutes I knew the tie was over you have to go to Bayern with goal advantage we saw in CL this round only PSG turn things around and that because Barcelona were down to 10 men. Get these errors out from our game and then we might have chance achieve good things. Bayern may having thier worst season for a while but still a very good team

Exactly - looking back we messed up the home tie when we gifted them two cheap goals. We should have been 2-0 up after 20 mins at the Emirates. We ****ed that up; anyway we learn and move on. I am not overly disappointed by this result - Bayern at home are still a top side and most of our squad are first timers at this level.

Synical

Miss Superstitious

We simply aren’t as good as we think we are. Bayern made us look impotent in that second half.

Saka and Martinelli got shown what an actual world class player looks like in Musiala
It's kind of like when you go on holiday and see how others live your perspective changes. You realise there's a big world out there

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
And we played against Sevilla, Lens, PSV and Porto, more - less same level of quality like them.

And they weren't there for taking. If we make combined first 11 between Arsenal and Bayern, how many of Arsenal players would you pick?
I would pick Saliba, Ødegaard, Rice and maybe Magalhaes, so 3, maximum 4 players.
They have better players than Arsenal.
When they were down 1-0 to us with their better players and White could have made it 2-0 while we were dominating them, they were there for the taking. Gabriel and Kiwior let them back into the tie. Both goals they scored in the first leg were goals we just handed to them.

That team with the supposedly better players managed 1 goal across 2 legs that wasn't handed to them by Arsenal. Saka should have won us the game in the 1st leg 1v1 against Neuer as well. We let them off multiple times in the first leg, so yes they were there for the taking and because they're not good, we weren't punished more severely and only went out by 1 goal on aggregate.

If either ourselves or them had played a proper team in either of the KO phases, we'd both have been embarrassed. You'll see how easily Madrid brush them aside and it will become clear that we let a poor team go through by shooting ourselves in the foot.

BergMan

Betrayed by Xhaka
Kimmich is a lot like AMN in many ways. He played a very good game at right back yesterday. However, he wants to be a midfielder, but he is below average in midfield.

As for Bayern, Madrid will brush past them with ease. They’re the worst Bayern side in decades. They will finish third in the Bundesliga.

Tomb Bombadil

I thought the gulf in quality was pretty obvious today . Midfield and defence we are fine but their front 4 is so much better . Good thing about this game is , it would be pretty obvious to the manager where we need to improve in the summer.
The gulf in quality to whom? To Bayern? Who we narrowly lost to? Or what gulf are you talking about?

Yes we are not the world best team and even the world best team can loose against this Bayern side. They are still have a great team and Tuchel knows how to play knockout games.

In the end it was fine margin. If we make it 2-0 in the first game it takes another turn. It was an even game in the Allianz Arena. First half we were the better team not many can say that.

Now we need to win our next game and than it's just hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom