• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's not overkill 6 players for 3 positions is the minimum number also these options you can depend on and rotate it's better than having Nelson or Eddie come from bench doing nothing also Mikel lost all trust in them.

They’re all senior players, and Arteta (rightfully) won’t rotate Saka and likely Havertz. A few of them will be getting very limited game time if we add anothe.

StefanB

Six players for 3 positions. Who would you get rid of if we were to bring in that quality winger?

Jesus can play RW/LW/CF, Martinelli LW, Trossard LW/RW/AM/CF.

With a new LW and Vieira getting sold then Trossard would mostly get to play AM. New LW competes with Martinelli.

You don't get rid of any of them until a season or two passes. You keep the "winner" and sell the "loser".

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
They’re all senior players, and Arteta (rightfully) won’t rotate Saka and likely Havertz. A few of them will be getting very limited game time if we add anothe.
I think they'll accept their role as squad players city have Doku Grealish and Alvarez on bench they never moaned about lack of minutes

TornadoTed

Established Member
Six players for 3 positions. Who would you get rid of if we were to bring in that quality winger?
I would be happy with Martinelli, Trossard, Havertz, Sesko, Saka and Jesus.

If I had to pick one to make way it would be Jesus, too injury prone and not clinical enough however I don't think that is too much of an issue for Saka's understudy and 3rd choice striker. Whether he would be happy with that role and whether we should be paying those wages to someone in that role is a whole other argument.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Idk, I feel like it might be a more exciting signing if we were still chasing top 4.

This. The striker market looks pretty underwhelming at the moment and I just don’t think it would be wise dropping £65m+ on a project.

I’d prefer if we strengthen other areas of the pitch and commit to a CF when someone who’s a significant (key word) upgrade on Havertz becomes available.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Jesus can play RW/LW/CF, Martinelli LW, Trossard LW/RW/AM/CF.

With a new LW and Vieira getting sold then Trossard would mostly get to play AM. New LW competes with Martinelli.

You don't get rid of any of them until a season or two passes. You keep the "winner" and sell the "loser".

Vieira won’t get sold.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This. The striker market looks pretty underwhelming at the moment and I just don’t think it would be wise dropping £65m+ on a project.

I’d prefer if we strengthen other areas of the pitch and commit to a CF when someone who’s a significant (key word) upgrade on Havertz becomes available.

It’s all well and good us thinking it’s not there but if the club rate this guy and think in a season or so he’s going to explode then it’s going to be worth it.

We do have to sign a striker tho, we can’t get away with not.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I would be happy with Martinelli, Trossard, Havertz, Sesko, Saka and Jesus.

If I had to pick one to make way it would be Jesus, too injury prone and not clinical enough however I don't think that is too much of an issue for Saka's understudy and 3rd choice striker. Whether he would be happy with that role and whether we should be paying those wages to someone in that role is a whole other argument.

Agreed but I just can’t see him going. It’s going to be very hard to shift established international players this summer I think.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

6 players 3 positions is not enough. There is more CL games next season. I would hope we won’t get knocked out of both cups straight away and Arteta actually improve his cup competition record. Also Jesus has missed over 20 games both seasons he has been here and I sure as hell wouldn’t count on Martinelli to find his form

Havertz
Sesko
Jesus
Saka
Martinelli
Trossard
Nico William or another winger

This should be minimum if you wanna compete with city. Another thing is there is a euro and coppa being played. Season with international competition means the season after there is more injuries as a lot of players didn’t have break. We will never have the season we had now in long time with so little injuries

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

It’s all well and good us thinking it’s not there but if the club rate this guy and think in a season or so he’s going to explode then it’s going to be worth it.

We do have to sign a striker tho, we can’t get away with not.

If I speak about who this transfer reminds me of then I’ll be in trouble 🤐 so it’s best I don’t comment.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba

For me Isak is the guy because he can play with or instead of Havertz at LW or striker respectively but if that's not feasible, I agree, keep Kai at CF and go and get an elite wing player with game altering pace and goals in his game and a proper partner for Rice and Ødegaard. If we can't get an Auba, we need a Mane. I don't want a potential Jeffers.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

For me Isak is the guy because he can play with or instead of Havertz at LW or striker respectively but if that's not feasible, I agree, keep Kai at CF and go and get an elite wing player with game altering pace and goals in his game and a proper partner for Rice and Ødegaard. If we can't get an Auba, we need a Mane. I don't want a potential Jeffers.

Sure thing, Isak would have been the safer option to hit the ground running and it’s more of what we need if we want to win the PL next season and go a step or two further in the CL. That’s definitely one of the few striker options that I would be open to but I just can’t see Newcastle willing to sell him especially if Bruno G leaves this summer which looks likely given his rumoured clause.

I’ve changed my opinion on Isak since his move to the PL tbf same thing for Gordon as I didn’t buy into the hype when he was at Everton but he looks useful.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sure thing, Isak would have been the safer option to hit the ground running and it’s more of what we need if we want to win the PL next season and go a step or two further in the CL. That’s definitely one of the few striker options that I would be open to but I just can’t see Newcastle willing to sell him especially if Bruno G leaves this summer which looks likely given his rumoured clause.

I’ve changed my opinion on Isak since his move to the PL tbf same thing for Gordon as I didn’t buy into the hype when he was at Everton but he looks useful.
Yeah I don't think it's doable. Gordon is an interesting one but not sure they'd sell him either.

I was thinking about how I'd always ruled Leao out due to him not displaying the work rate and being a bit casual for Arteta's tastes but seeing how we were able to get on fine with Trossard not being the most robust in that sense and assuming Rice will be covering at the left 8, maybe he's the one to take a risk on. Not PL proven obviously but the talent is off the charts.

I would even kick the tires on a Joao Felix who I thought actually looked good at times for a dysfunctional Chelsea and may not cost a ton. There are a few different options at different price points and levels of risk that I would greatly prefer to Sesko.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Yeah I don't think it's doable. Gordon is an interesting one but not sure they'd sell him either.

I was thinking about how I'd always ruled Leao out due to him not displaying the work rate and being a bit casual for Arteta's tastes but seeing how we were able to get on fine with Trossard not being the most robust in that sense and assuming Rice will be covering at the left 8, maybe he's the one to take a risk on. Not PL proven obviously but the talent is off the charts.

I would even kick the tires on a Joao Felix who I thought actually looked good at times for a dysfunctional Chelsea and may not cost a ton. There are a few different options at different price points and levels of risk that I would greatly prefer to Sesko.

Ok here it is. Don’t want Sesko. But would take Joao Felix. Yeah the worst take I have ever seen. Atletico want to get rid, Barca don’t want him. Chelsea didn’t want him. But you see something while turning your nose on one of the best young strikers in the world

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Ok here it is. Don’t want Sesko. But would take Joao Felix. Yeah the worst take I have ever seen. Atletico want to get rid, Barca don’t want him. Chelsea didn’t want him. But you see something while turning your nose on one of the best young strikers in the world
Nobody wants him. There is a clue there. Avoid.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Top Bottom