• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Benjamin Sesko

Dokaka

AM's resident closet Arsenal fan
This I also agree with. We don't have a really destructive dribbler, from deep or in the tighter spaces up top. Saka is literally the only one we have, and he has almost 3 defenders on him nearly every game. If he's not having the best day, the door remains locked. I'm trying to think of a player we can sign who has that ability to bludgeon his way into attacking situations.

When fit Jesus is genuinely one of the best dribblers in the world though? Obviously fitness issues are a worry but it doesn't get much better than him, at least in tight spaces. Not explosive attacking space but his close controls is unreal.

Let's hope Martinelli starts kicking on again, because he could be that guy. It's an expensive type of player to go out and sign, someone capable of consistently beating low blocks with dribbling is maybe the most valuable attribute in football.

Badger_Revenge

When fit Jesus is genuinely one of the best dribblers in the world though? Obviously fitness issues are a worry but it doesn't get much better than him, at least in tight spaces. Not explosive attacking space but his close controls is unreal.

Let's hope Martinelli starts kicking on again, because he could be that guy. It's an expensive type of player to go out and sign, someone capable of consistently beating low blocks with dribbling is maybe the most valuable attribute in football.
I was going to say this as well. Maybe it's fitness, but I thought decision making just failed Jesus at the tail end of the season. Almost like he tries too hard to be the difference, or to do the outrageous thing. He lost touch with the feel of the game in front of him.

I'm not sure why everyone is giving up on Martinelli. He is fully capable. We just haven't had a proper supplier from the left back this year with Zinchenko's issues. That changes with Timber I hope.

Go Irons!

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

He's [Jesus] a great dribbler but that destructive element isn't really there anymore. There are flashes (vs Bayern for example) but I just feel there's an edge missing with Jesus at the moment. Maybe a significant lay off may bring back some verve.

As for Martinelli, I don't think he's ever going to truly be the kind of destructive dribbler he needs to be - he's fine as long as there's space to attack IMO but his real bread and butter is when he gets to find pockets to shoot. His finishing has been uncharacteristically lax for a few months but he's a better finisher than he is a dribbler. We're definitely going to have to be creative to find players that can beat low blocks with their dribbling. For a team like Arsenal, we need to be clever about who we bring in to do that. There's a particular player that I have in mind but he's a massive gamble.

Goonger

He's [Jesus] a great dribbler but that destructive element isn't really there anymore. There are flashes (vs Bayern for example) but I just feel there's an edge missing with Jesus at the moment. Maybe a significant lay off may bring back some verve.

As for Martinelli, I don't think he's ever going to truly be the kind of destructive dribbler he needs to be - he's fine as long as there's space to attack IMO but his real bread and butter is when he gets to find pockets to shoot. His finishing has been uncharacteristically lax for a few months but he's a better finisher than he is a dribbler. We're definitely going to have to be creative to find players that can beat low blocks with their dribbling. For a team like Arsenal, we need to be clever about who we bring in to do that. There's a particular player that I have in mind but he's a massive gamble.
Left us hanging like an Eastenders cliffhanger....

wirey279

i dont watch other league games , so just have the youtube glory compilations to go off ..the one massive positive i can see is the finishing and striking of the ball with both feet ...its criminal how many players are only confident to use one foot nowadays

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

We’re not signing Sesko for him to be first choice. He might prove himself, but the idea would be to let him develop more and adjust to our system for a year with Havertz the starting man. So from that perspective I’m ok with him being raw and not the finished article.

North5

Here since 2009. Unlike Cornavirus.

We’re not signing Sesko for him to be first choice. He might prove himself, but the idea would be to let him develop more and adjust to our system for a year with Havertz the starting man. So from that perspective I’m ok with him being raw and not the finished article.

Yeah people clamouring for a clear and definitive upgrade on Havertz seem a bit stuck in FM mode

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

i dont watch other league games , so just have the youtube glory compilations to go off ..the one massive positive i can see is the finishing and striking of the ball with both feet ...its criminal how many players are only confident to use one foot nowadays
It’s criminal how many players can’t even strike the ball well on their strong foot. There are so many players in the PL with really poor shooting technique

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
It’s criminal how many players can’t even strike the ball well on their strong foot. There are so many players in the PL with really poor shooting technique

No one in our team can “shoot” in the old school sense. They all side foot it. It’s one of the reasons I like the look of this kid.

Side footing is great and all but you need space to set yourself for it and sometimes you just don’t get that space. Being able to lace it when the balls under you is an important skill.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Left us hanging like an Eastenders cliffhanger....
I didn't say initially because he plays in the Championship. As I said, massive gamble. He's on my wishlist though, I have a strong hunch he's gonna take the PL by storm sooner rather than later.

EDIT: I reckon he goes to Palace but I have a real nasty feeling those bastard neighbours of ours are gonna buy him and ruin him.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

100% they gonna include new release clause with this.
This'll be interesting. I think for him the smart decision would probably be to stay at Leipzig and build his stock more. If we really want him this Summer we'll have to offer something sweet along with whatever we were gonna offer him.

I think this striker market is gonna be a massive hassle this Summer and the easiest targets for us to acquire will be the 2 project strikers in Sesko and Zirkzee. The deal we all want (Isak) is the least likely to me.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This'll be interesting. I think for him the smart decision would probably be to stay at Leipzig and build his stock more. If we really want him this Summer we'll have to offer something sweet along with whatever we were gonna offer him.

I think this striker market is gonna be a massive hassle this Summer and the easiest targets for us to acquire will be the 2 project strikers in Sesko and Zirkzee. The deal we all want (Isak) is the least likely to me.
Striker market is still not great there no gurantee 20+ goal scorers apart from Osimhen who i'm sure we not interested because of Napoli demands. so we have to gamble about young guy i like Zirkzee he not only goal scorer but very good all around player too if we miss out Sesko he'd be my fav target specially 40M euros release clause shouldn't be problem to us.

Arsenal Quotes

We played with a bit of a handbrake

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Sunday, May 2

Fulham have made Emile Smith Rowe a priority this summer and are ready to bid for him [Mike McGrath - The Telegraph]

Arsenal have scouted Las Palmas goalkeeper Alvaro Valles as they prepare to part company with Aaron Ramsdale [Ryan Taylor - The Mirror]

Latest posts

Top Bottom