• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bergkamp sees bright future

Mark

Established Member
Even at 35 he still looks the part. He is determined not to just be backup this season and you can see that in the way he plays. Plenty more magic from him to come.

thegame24

Established Member
If we win the CL next year its definatly his last season.

He seems to have raised his game for this season and i reckon we can really, really do it in the CL. Our play seems to have expanded

leongsh

He sounds like a Captain, doesn't he? :)

Besides, a lot of the younger players look up to him and see in him the model professional player that they should be.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
thegame24 said:
If we win the CL next year its definatly his last season.

He seems to have raised his game for this season and i reckon we can really, really do it in the CL. Our play seems to have expanded
We do seem to have stepped up a gear this season, and hopefully we can make Bergkamps last season for us one he will never forget, with a win in the CL.

kel varnsen

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Really enjoyed this..Bergy wishes he was 10 years younger. Don't we all.

link

Dennis Bergkamp is still the best player in the world; at least imo... he plays fotball as it was meant to be played.

he was electric against the mancs yesterday. the nutmeg on silvestre and the little "bump" on fortune(which sent him to the ground), before sending pennant through was looooovely! makes you wonder who will start next weekend. reyes? henry? bergkamp?

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
kel varnsen said:
KingReyes said:
Really enjoyed this..Bergy wishes he was 10 years younger. Don't we all.

link

Dennis Bergkamp is still the best player in the world; at least imo... he plays fotball as it was meant to be played.

he was electric against the mancs yesterday. the nutmeg on silvestre and the little "bump" on fortune(which sent him to the ground), before sending pennant through was looooovely! makes you wonder who will start next weekend. reyes? henry? bergkamp?
One of the most skillfull players ever, but not with fancy party tricks. His skill is mainly his unearthly technique and vision. In that way he is one of the most gifted players ever to have graced the big stage.

osugunner

makes you wonder who will start next weekend. reyes? henry? bergkamp?

This is a tough choice. I believe they should all start... with a diamond shaped midfield with bergkamp feeding the strikers and gilberto cleaning up the midfield.

quattro

bergkamp is still class.

makes me wonder though, he has stated that he has no desire to go into coaching but with all these youngsters all around him looking up to him maybe he'll change his mind. ;D

Aussie

Established Member
Wouldnt you love to be captain of Arsenal today. Some of the greatest young talents in Europe mixed with some of the best players in the world already. A great manager and coming of an unbeaten season.

ozgooner

since db10 had the captaincy on sunday will this mean he will have it all year? thats if pv leaves of course

calvinngai88

Since the most strong favourite to get the captaincy IF Vieira leaves, is Campbell, and he's out till mid-September. And also, Bergkamp won't be playing every game, the captain is likely to be the one who wore the captain's armband after Bergkamp was subbed out. However, I couldn't spot it during the CS game. Anyone knows who got it after Bergkamp?

leongsh

After Bergkamp was subbed out, the Captain's armband was passed on to Lauren.

The order of Captaincy after the designated Club Captain (and Deputy Captain, if there is one designated) is, I have noticed, usually given to the most senior in the team in terms of years with the club who is playing in the said match.

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Latest posts

Top Bottom