• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best England formation

hesham

Established Member
Some reason this Englad formation popped in2 my work 2day

Terry Ferdinand Campbell

SW Phillips Cole

Beckham Gerrard Lampard

Rooney
Owen/Defoe

IMO weve got 3 of the top 5 defenders in the world so why not use them
And SWP is become to good to ignore so him and cole have BAGS of pace and energy so them to as wing backs could work well
Beckham can play to the right a bit( dont think hes an out and out CM) and It'll also solve the prob on the left...

Any others?

hesham

Established Member
Ment to come out like this

------- Terry Ferdinand Campbell --------

SW------------------------------------Phillips Cole

-------Beckham Gerrard Lampard---------

----------Rooney
--------------------------Owen/Defoe

seb_afc

Established Member
ive never actually thought about that....but yeah thats a quality formation...imagine getting past that defence..and its not like we would be short on CB's either as we have Woodgate and King too. What a defence!!! we wouldnt need a keeper! lol Im sure terry would be happy with that as it would mean he would actually play.

hesham

Established Member
Mark said:
hesham, no text language.

Why is that by the way?
No offence but it sounds like a dumb rule (unless im missin somethin)
I come here to chill out and talk about footy and not have to watch the way im typing like im back in grade school writing an essay or somethin.

Spike

Established Member
hesham said:
Mark said:

Why is that by the way?
I come here to chill out and talk about footy and not have to watch the way im typing like im back in grade school writing an essay or somethin.

Some people find it annyoing, plus it isn't so hard typing properly is it?

informed1

Spike said:
hesham said:
Mark said:

Why is that by the way?

Some people find it annyoing, plus it isn't so hard typing properly is it?

plus there is no standard on text language and it can get out of control and most readers wont understand a word it.

invisibleman18

Established Member
why is phillips in there?
and the best england formation may well be yours, but it would be one that does not include beckham.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
For me:

---------------some error prone ****------------

---------Neville-----Rio------Sol--------Cole-----

--------------------------Butt----------------------

-----------------Gerrard-------Lampard----------

------------SWP-------------------------Rooney---

--------------------------Owen---------------------

invisibleman18

Established Member
oops i apologise. i have just realise the phillips was part of SWP. it was separated so i understood it as being kevin phillips thats why i couldn't understand why it was there.

seb_afc

Established Member
I think i would have to inlcude becks. his free kicks and passing is unbeleivable.

i would get rid of that **** neville before getting rid of becks. stick SWP at right back. he would be like ash at left back.

seb_afc

Established Member
S_McKenzie said:
No goalkeeper ?

lol we may as well not have one. what he means by error prone **** is james or robinson or whoever the hell england have between the sticks. no matter who it is their going to **** up.

invisibleman18

Established Member
thats a bit unfair seb. yes james is not world class he makes loads of howlers, but i dont agree with your view that robinson is ****e. he may play for sp*rs but he is an excellent GK.

tox

I was talking to a few mates about this formation the other day. It makes sense as centrre defence is probably our strongest area and it allows us to utilize both beckham and SWP in what is close to their best positions. Problem is sven is too fond of his 4-4-2 and its never going to happen while he is manager.

Arsenal Quotes

When Patrick Vieira came over from AC Milan, he didn’t know a word of English. We gave him accommodation, phone, car and an English teacher. I talked to Patrick in fluent French and before a game I asked in French, can you speak a bit of English to me? Patrick nodded and replied: Tottenham are shit!

David Dein

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Aaron Ramsdale denies agreement to join Newcastle:

Latest posts

Top Bottom