• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best english defenders and best defense for England

Anocht

Good defenders? There are a lot of them: Sol, Carra, Terry, Rio, Neville brothers, Ashley, Bridge, King, Woodgate, etc. But here's my Top Five and my best defense for England, above all centrals.

1. Sol Campbell :respect
2. Jamie Carragher :punk
3. John Terry
4. Ashley Cole
5. Rio Ferdinand

and England defense could be...
G.Neville-Carragher-Campbell-A.Cole

Henry IV

England has great quality in defence, especially in the centre with Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry, King and Woodgate (when he's fit, which is never). My England back four would be - G.Neville (infuriatingly reliable), Terry, Campbell, A.Cole.

seb_afc

Established Member
terry? hes a dougnut. look at him at euro 2004. i'd have Cole Campbell Ferdinand and neville. best defence in the world that. and as for carragher?? :lol: :lol: :roll:

kanuuu

Established Member
seb_afc said:
terry? hes a dougnut. look at him at euro 2004. i'd have Cole Campbell Ferdinand and neville. best defence in the world that. and as for carragher?? :lol: :lol: :roll:

Terry was a little dodgy but he's been in a different class to any other defenders this season, i hate it as much as everyone else but he's probably better than Sol man now. :cry:

Mark

Established Member
Carragher? :? I'd always have this for England:

Neville Ferdinand Campbell Cole

I'd consider Woodgate over Rio, but he's always injured.

Ste M

Carragher has been as solid as a rock all season, but he wouldn't get in the England team ahead of Campbell, Ferdinand, Terry or King now.

I think the only person capable of breaking up the Sol/Rio partnership is John Woodgate. This all boils down to him actually being fit though. Which is hardly ever. When he is fit though, he is an awesome defender. Pace, strength, reading of the game and ability on the ball. He's like a cross between Ferdinand and Campbell. I'd love to see what he is capable of for Madrid when he's fit and playing at the top of his game.

Definitely world class on his day.

Ste M

Oops, missed me first choice back four.

Gary Neville - Rio Ferdinand - Sol Campbell - Ashley Cole.

There can't be any argument about that really.

seb_afc

Established Member
kanuuu said:
seb_afc said:

Terry was a little dodgy but he's been in a different class to any other defenders this season, i hate it as much as everyone else but he's probably better than Sol man now. :cry:

No Way!!! Sol is a rock! best defender in england along with rio.. the pair of them make the best partnership in the world no doubt.

A

Anonymous

Rio and Sol is the best central defence pairing in ANY team in ANY competition in the WORLD. We just need a better right side, neville sister the elder and poncey ****** beckham are both ****e.
England has a great centre but lacks on the wings. We have the best central players in the world = sol, rio, terry, woodgate, king, lampard, gerrard.

Asterix

Established Member
Nesta and Cannavaro may beg to differ Guv, but it'd be close I reckon.

Hardly anyone scores against Brazil, but that's because you can't get the ball of their front line!

Us Aussies love Gary Neville - gift of a goal that was......... :lol:

Arsenal Quotes

When you start supporting a football club, you don’t support it because of the trophies, or a player, or history, you support it because you found yourself somewhere there; found a place where you belong.

Dennis Bergkamp
Top Bottom