• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Player of the Emirates Era

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

• Total voters

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It was honestly worse than unsung. He got a lot of stick from people who didn't understand his value to the team. It was embarrassing at times.

He reminds me of an Alistair Cook in cricket. Just focused on the 3-4 shots he was good at and tried nothing risky. Knew what he was good at and didn't try things he knew he didn't have the skillset to do. No ego to him either.

Great positional play, great reader of the game, win the ball back, give the ball to the nearest Arsenal player. Rinse and repeat. I loved it.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Cesc was quality but people talk as if he was a legend. Vieira should undoubtedly be held in higher regard but it’s everyday Cesc. Must be an age thing I dunno.

I’m not just saying this out of sour grapes as well, Paddy tried to leave many times and hasn’t really associated himself with Arsenal after his player days until recently.

I have never seen/heard an Arsenal fan that holds Cesc higher than Patrick, tbh...even my younger cousin who never saw him play, always puts Vieira in the "GOAT Premiership midfielder debate" with his friends.

Only midfielder I can think of that can be mentioned alongside Vieira, is Rocastle...even then, Paddy would still be number 1.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Cesc was quality but people talk as if he was a legend. Vieira should undoubtedly be held in higher regard but it’s everyday Cesc. Must be an age thing I dunno.

I’m not just saying this out of sour grapes as well, Paddy tried to leave many times and hasn’t really associated himself with Arsenal after his player days until recently.

Cesc is a weird one.

Maybe it's that he's associated with the era where we started to tail off but I don't feel any emotional connection to him whatsoever. He's just someone who used to play for us and was a very good player. Doesn't feel anywhere close to a legend to me.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

I have never seen/heard an Arsenal fan that holds Cesc higher than Patrick, tbh...even my younger cousin who never saw him play, always puts Vieira in the "GOAT Premiership midfielder debate" with his friends.

Only midfielder I can think of that can be mentioned alongside Vieira, is Rocastle...even then, Paddy would still be number 1.
You may be right but I see way more pining and reminiscing of Cesc.

Must be just a recency thing rather than anything else, you still hear from Cesc now and then as he begs Arsenal fans at every opportunity he gets.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Hleb was such a Wenger player. I've never rated him as highly as some though.

For me there's the Pires tier.

Cazorla tier.

Hleb would be in the Nasri 3rd tier for me. Good player though.

Personally, I rate Hleb much higher than Nasri just based on performances. They both had pretty short stints here but Hleb was one of the reasons why our attacking football was flowing during that period. The modern fan wouldn’t be a fan of him as everything is based on stats nowadays.

Cazorla is slightly overrated imo. He’s a good player, no doubt but our fans especially on Twitter are putting him up there with the likes of Iniesta etc.

Adebayor is another one that I should have mentioned, he was class at his best.

Riou

You know what, I will go Arsène's official 11 (least on that dvd I had in 2008) and go Vieira-Parlour CM pairing.

Ray is the definition of an underrated player, feel people today see him as a bit of a joker player tbh, like the "Jimmy Bullard of the 90s"...on the pitch though, he was amazing, could play anywhere to a high level...should have had WAY more England caps too.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

Personally, I rate Hleb much higher than Nasri just based on performances. They both had pretty short stints here but Hleb was one of the reasons why our attacking football was flowing during that period. The modern fan wouldn’t be a fan of him as everything is based on stats nowadays.

Cazorla is slightly overrated imo. He’s a good player, no doubt but our fans especially on Twitter are putting him up there with the likes of Iniesta etc.

Adebayor is another one that I should have mentioned, he was class at his best.

Fair points. Hleb was very stylish after all and the king of the pre assists too. It's a shame how his career really fell off after he joined Barca. In hindsight he must regret making the move I would think.

I certainly wouldn't put Santi anywhere close to Iniesta. He was a very good player for us but there are levels!

It's kind of hard to judge these players or put them in tiers. Would Pires have been top tier if he wasn't playing in a great side? He'd probably at least not have wracked up the numbers he did. If you transported Hleb into the Invincibles era side would he be more highly rated? You'd think so.

I agree on Abebayor. I've no time for him as a personality but he was very good for us and is probably underrated overall.

Riou

Would Pires have been top tier if he wasn't playing in a great side? He'd probably at least not have wracked up the numbers he did. If you transported Hleb into the Invincibles era side would he be more highly rated? You'd think so.

No "What If" scenarios, that put Bobby in a lesser standing, in anyway.

...thanks and God Bless (former AM trusted member... 😪 ) Riou

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
for me.. Nasri is the most talented player I have seen on the Emirates. Cesc, RVP, Özil, RVP all a close second.

Alexs

Tier 1 for me is Paddy, Brady and Cesc.

Ray Parlour shows what a great manager Wenger was at the time. Turned him from fairly average to near world class.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Tier 1 for me is Paddy, Brady and Cesc.

Ray Parlour shows what a great manager Wenger was at the time. Turned him from fairly average to near world class.

Oh come on Ray was never even close close that. That term gets thrown about way too much.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom