• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Best Player of the Emirates Era

Who do you consider to be the best player post Highbury?

• Total voters

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Imagine him under Mik, he'd have been sent to Marseille in record time with the way he tries to do everything on his own, let's not get started on him pressing on his own when the rest of the team is in a mid block.

But **** me we miss a real game changer like this, TDK said it on his video, with that free kick we got there was no one who you think who could score from that situation. Think Ødegaard has scored one in the past but you wouldn't bank on him. If we had that opportunity with someone like Alexis on the pitch you'd be salivating.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Sanchez and Özil are still the benchmark as the best duo to never play at Highbury, was an absolute pleasure watching them from 2014-2017.

GoonerJay24

Sanchez and Özil are still the benchmark as the best duo to never play at Highbury, was an absolute pleasure watching them from 2014-2017.

They had an understanding but somestimes, Alexis ruined it, dropping into Ozils spaces, with no one stretching the pitch. As much as I rated Sanchez; I don't think our cohesion with him was great like previous years.

We've had too many top class players here; but I'd still rate Özil as the best, followed by Koscielny then Ramsey.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

They had an understanding but somestimes, Alexis ruined it, dropping into Ozils spaces, with no one stretching the pitch. As much as I rated Sanchez; I don't think our cohesion with him was great like previous years.

We've had too many top class players here; but I'd still rate Özil as the best, followed by Koscielny then Ramsey.

He was absolutely detrimental to the team at times, there was times our rhythm was really off because of him. I said it at the time but people just cared about his running about like a maniac and the fact he could win games on his own, which did at times make up for it sometimes.

Riou

I loved them as a pair, thought they were made to play together...Alexis was like a poor man's Cristiano in terms of how he wanted to always be the hero, he suited Mes' perfectly for me.

Always thought pre Alexis we were a little too one dimensional to be honest, had to no goal scoring star for me... passing is great, but you eventually need someone like him to do something different when that isn't working.

Like when Wenger was at his best at Highbury our passing moves were phenomenal, but sometimes you just needed Thierry to skin a few players on his own...love that part of the game too.

Riou

But **** me we miss a real game changer like this, TDK said it on his video, with that free kick we got there was no one who you think who could score from that situation. Think Ødegaard has scored one in the past but you wouldn't bank on him. If we had that opportunity with someone like Alexis on the pitch you'd be salivating.
He was absolutely detrimental to the team at times, there was times our rhythm was really off because of him. I said it at the time but people just cared about his running about like a maniac and the fact he could win games on his own, which did at times make up for it sometimes.

Which side you on here 😅

Rattata

Ehh looking at how the careers of the players around him turned out even the younger players the problem was probably more on them than Alexis.

Riou

Ehh looking at how the careers of the players around him turned out even the younger players the problem was probably more on them than Alexis.

Love him, but still will never understand believe Bellerin going to the Oxford Union and telling everyone "Alexis was great, but he wanted to win a little too much" ...why was he thinking ffs!

And how did no one call him out from the audience, aren't' they supposed to be smart in Oxford :lol:

Let's play Aubamawang

Despite all 3 leaving under a cloud, the top 3 are clearly Cesc, Alexis and Van Persie. Yes, Özil was a top quality player but very inconsistent.

It pains me to even put that closet "Utd fan" in my top 3 after the club and Wenger looked after him during the years of injuries then ****ed off at the earliest opportunity.

Riou

Think Wenger making Sanchez the main man and giving him that creative freedom, shouldn't go unnoticed either.

He was already a top player before he came here and won trophies at Barcelona, but feel without Arsène Chile don't win those two Copa Americas...as feel Alexis felt like superman going into them after joining us, listening to interviews about him the confidence Wenger gives players is unlimited.

Auba was our last match winner, but feel Sanchez was the last pure game changer we had...despite the team kinda falling apart in 2016/2017, his stats were absolutely madness...elite for us he was, he's still in my all time team of players who I have watched for us (him and Bobby outwide, oh yes!)

Our 2010s teams might have failed in the league, but at least they brought us some cups...miss when Arsenal used to win stuff.

Arsenal Quotes

We lacked a little bit of sharpness

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom