• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Birmingham v Arsenal 12.45pm Saturday 23rd February 2008

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Have we got a thread for this?

Couldn't see it.

Anyway, back to Premier League action tomorrow, of course Eboue is missing so we'll probably get beaten 4-0....

Hopefully Hleb and Ade will make it, Senderos will continue his recent resurgence and Cesc and the Flanimal will rule the midfield, coming at the blues like a flannel.

Or something.

ricky1985

Established Member
This is a MUST WIN game.

No mercy we need to start fast and beat Birmingham early send a message out to Man United.
If they start to doubt we will drop points they will sub-conciously write off the League and drop an extra point or five.

So come on Arsenal, start with the ferocity and authority of Champions. Lets scare the bejebus out of the 'Brummies'.

My team;

Lehman
Sagna-Gallas-Senderos-Clichy
Hleb-Fabregas-Flamini-Diaby
Walcott--Ade

Prediction;

4-0 (to us obviously)

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Gotta be Walcott for me. Only way he'll learn, and Gilberto not only seriously destabilises our centre mid, it means Fabregas on the flank which is a criminal waste of his talent.

Of course, whether Arsène sees it like that is another kettle of fish...

dutchMasta

Great news!
Alex Hleb and Emmanuel Adebayor are expected to be fit for Saturday's trip to Birmingham.

The pair picked up injuries in Wednesday's goalless draw with Milan at Emirates Stadium. The Belarus midfielder had a calf problem while the Togolese striker had a stiff neck.

But speaking at Friday's press conference, Wenger said: "They should be alright."

Kolo Toure and Emmanuel Eboue are both out. The only addition to Wednesday's squad is Manuel Almunia. However the manager was remaining tight-lipped over whether the Spaniard would start.

"From Wednesday night we have lost Kolo and Emmanuel Eboue through injury and suspension," he said.

"We have no-one really back from the squad who played in that game apart from Manuel Almunia."

When asked if the 30-year-old would replace Jens Lehmann, Wenger replied: "Come to the game tomorrow and you will see."
Looks like it's not such a worry after all.
------------------Lehmann--------------------
Sagna------Gallas---Senderos---Clichy
Walcott---Fabregas--Flamini-------Hleb
-------------Bendtner-----Ade---------------
Diaby's still injured isn't he? Almunia is back, but Lehmann's been playing well, tough for me, but I think Lehmann has that extra quality though I was very happy with Almunia's performances.

Of course, MUST WIN, and we have the ability to do it. So excited. When the F*** are RVP and Rossa back?!?!

Giga

If Diaby wasn't in the squad for the Milan game, I don't think he will feature in the starting line up. I would put Walcott on the right and put Eduardo up front with Adebayor.

Wenger can't afford to take risks with Walcott or not. Nor can he take risks to formations he hardly uses. We need to win his game and put pressure on Man Utd to win their game against Newcastle.

Although Wenger would use Eduardo to start, I would really like Bendtner to start this game. He can change the tempo.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Another one of these "no win" games against a relegation battler.

Time to redress the balance and take four points from these chaps.

Good to see some positive injury news. We play early, so let's win this and put the pressure on ManU and see if Mighty Mouse can break his duck and do us a favour.

Gurgen

Established Member
Jens
Sagna Gallas Phil Clichy
Walcott Cesc Flamini Hleb
Eduardo Ade

Should really be at least 0-2 to us, no excuse for not winning this one.

Lukazan

Established Member
As I've just said in the injuries thread, it's going to be very interesting to see who will take the goalkeeping spot. If it's Lehmann I can see Wenger sticking with him for the rest of the season to be honest, which I have to say would be incredibly harsh on Almunia.

Surely with Eduardo suspended the second striker's spot goes to former Birmingham player Bendtner? Surely. Unless Wenger plays 4-5-1 which would be ****ing criminal.

Kain

Established Member
If we play anywhere near as good as the AC game we should take them apart, our form against the bottom 5-6 teams this season has been decent & Wenger will deffinatly want to make amends for the dropped points at home.

Chance to go 8 points clear at the top, lets take them to pieces.

Sammer

Established Member
Lukazan said:
As I've just said in the injuries thread, it's going to be very interesting to see who will take the goalkeeping spot. If it's Lehmann I can see Wenger sticking with him for the rest of the season to be honest, which I have to say would be incredibly harsh on Almunia.

And therefore Wenger will go with Almunia. Jens will retire anyway after this season. If Almunia has a realistic future (in Wengers eyes) as a long-term Arsenal no1 goalkeeper he will start tomorrow.

If Jens plays, I think we can expect Wenger to sign his new no1 goalie in the summer. But that's just my interpretation of it.

FrankArsenal

I think Wenger should play Lehmann... Allthough Almunia hasn't made any mistakes he didn't look that good either. What I'm trying to say is that Almunia is decent and this his job really well but Jens offers us something extra: He's better at crosses and he sets up attacks better/quicker.

Is it hard on Almunia? Yes. But I think since Jens has cut out his mistakes he's done really well recently.

But maybe I'm missing something: Because I didn't think Kolo deserved to walk straight back into the team. He was injured and off-form in Africa and he walked straight back into the team while Phill did really well. Like some others have pointed out: It's no coincidence we've kept so many cleansheets with Phill on the team. (A bit off-topic: Gallas and Kolo are better individual but they are more similar and maybe they are better with Phill)

My point is: On form players who perform well should not be dropped. Just like Flamini wouldn't be dropped.

Mostarac

Established Member
If we manage to show half of the performance against Milan, we should win this one. Birmingham are one of the teams we have to win against no matter what and I am confident that we will. Having said that, showing the same level of complacency against them as we showed during that draw at Emirates could lead again to points dropped.

go49oner

Established Member
gunnerama911 said:
Lawro thinks we'll get beaten 2-1. f****g media.

If all his predictions turned out to be right we would be in relegation fight.

I think this will be anther goaless draw.

hujja

Established Member
We need to start this game like we started the second half against Milan.

No mercy, no dawdling.

They were tough at the Emirates and no doubt they'll think they have a chance to get one over on us.

Arsenal Quotes

I'm obsessed by the idea of making my mark on history. And Arsenal is my paradise.

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom