• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Brad Friedel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Not much of an article but they claim the Rovers chairman said it so...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1034759/Blackburn-confirm-Premier-League-clubs-want-sign-Friedel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... iedel.html</a>

AFCFan4Ever

I'd take him.

He's been one of the better and more consistent GKs for Blackburn over the past several years...some of those sides were horrid.

He could possibly do for us what VDS has done for Utd.

JazzG

Established Member
About 5 years too late, let the 38 year old Lehmann go and sign 37 year old Friedal, sounds like your usual Sunday paper rubbish to me.

asajoseph

Established Member
He's a brilliant keeper on his day, and has kept Blackburn in many games that they've had no right to be in. I'm trying to think of reasons as to why this might be a bad signing, and, apart from his age, I can't come up with too many. He's certainly better than Average Al.

But, he IS an old fart, and I have no doubt that Wenger will be persisting with Almunia next year, regardless of how ordinary he may be. No chance.

raidersoftheark

Established Member
For that money, I'd take him. He's better than Almunia and will give us maybe 2 seasons of solid goalkeeping, while Fabianski improves.

JazzG

Established Member
If it would keep Alumunia out of the team I'd take him as well but like Asa says Wenger is gonna stick with that clown next season.

thegame24

Established Member
surely wenger needs to get a back up though.

We usually have 3 keepers.

Almunia is probably gonna cost us the league title, i just hope a miracle happens in January, which causes wenbger to get a quality keeper.

Jasard

Dont get why he doesnt just spend on a decent keeper. They are generally reliable and you tend to get a good amount of years out of them. Money well spent to be honest. What the bloody hell does he see in Almunia...

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
No one can be sure if the Friedel's performance last season was the very last one at the highest level. There is always a risk associated with the decision of signing Friedel.

The best age for a keeper is 30-34, IMO. An age of 38-year old is really too much.

Jasard

Probably, but you know... I'm thinking if theres truth to this then it would be as a backup keeper not first team. Sort of a... dare I say.. Poom style purchase? :lol: Ok ok not quite that, I think he would be a signing for the bench.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Friedel would start on many many teams in the Prem. No way he will end up coming to Arsenal to be a backup.. he has proven himself in the Prem for years, and really is a top keeper (best American keeper ever).. i highly doubt we will sign him given that he is 37, but i certainly wouldnt mind him being here..

Jasard

But he would ruin the average age of our line up! Arsène would do that?! :p

Lukazan

Established Member
One of the best keeper's in the Premiership, but he's old. Doubt there is any truth in this anyway.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_3857233,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 33,00.html</a>

Why didn't we do it?
Anyways- lock? or see what happens?

dos1986

Established Member
He's better than everyone here, looks to have 3 years left him and seems to be a nice fella.

He should be signed by now

GaelForce22

Established Member
I'd love him here. I think for 2million he would prove to be a bargain if he was here for even 1 season. And everyone would agree on him being a step-up from Almunia.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
we wont lock it yet, until he actually signs.. just because they have agreed a deal doesnt mean he's signed.. although its highly likely... probably lock by tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom