• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

jaystewart

Had to check, and my hunch was right.

Any comments about you saying Rice is not top top quality, and that 75 million for him is taking the piss while suggesting his price was due to English tax?

I don't understand what you're getting at

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

LookingForEric

Patronize me again and I'll destroy you 😖

No ones going to pay this. Clubs will just wait and negotiate for something realistic like 80M. Their FFP issues don’t go away and Bruno is one asset they can sell for a good sum.

£80M but they’ll ask for more up front. I still don’t think he’s worth even £80M, but I could see a club going in with £100M over 5 years.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
No ones going to pay this. Clubs will just wait and negotiate for something realistic like 80M. Their FFP issues don’t go away and Bruno is one asset they can sell for a good sum.

I can see Qatar paying Saudi 100M to cement the recent strengthening of their relationship.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
100M over 5 years period is not big amount for rich clubs 20M a year. but clubs will wait until his release clause ends so they can get him cheaper and pay good money upfront to convince newcastle.

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
The article doesn't imply you can pay Newcastle over 5 years but how the buying club records it.

"And, while anyone buying Guimaraes could amortise the £100million cost over five years — meaning it could be spread over the length of a contract and would only go down as a £20m annual fee — it still represents a massive financial outlay, even given how highly the Brazil international is rated."

Isn't this just the same way any transfer is recorded by the buying team for the purpose of PSR?

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids

Player:White
He is better than Rice and probably the best midfielder Arsenal can buy. He is that good. Strong creativity, work rate and technical ability.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Bruno isn't a player you move Rice for, he's not that good.
Not so much about who’s best at which position. More so what benefits the team/system most. Arteta has literally moved Rice for Jorginho because of this

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Not so much about who’s best at which position. More so what benefits the team/system most. Arteta has literally moved Rice for Jorginho because of this

Has he? Or has he moved Kai which moved Rice which meant Jorginho came in?

Sulosky

d84c5de2-b06d-4366-b948-1157a34aece3_text.gif

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

My read is its the other way around.
Because we want to move Rice to LCM, we are targeting Bruno.

It’s not how I see it because Bruno doesn’t have any elite qualities like Partey who can move Rice 8.

You’d basically have two players who aren’t focusing on their core strengths.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

My read is its the other way around.
Because we want to move Rice to LCM, we are targeting Bruno.
The main plan was always Partey as DMF, Rice as Xhaka durable stamina replacement and Ødegaard for this season. The "power midfield". Rice fits that pressing machine LCM role much better than Guimaraes, like you say. And Bruno that DMF role.

There is no need to think about "moving" anyone. Partey was always going to be replaced, along with Jorginho in the coming years.

The most important thing is to have two great players who are able to play DMF, but also CMF if needed, because of the massive financial outlay. You need to have very good depth in that position. The players have to be versatile mostly, so one can keep using the expensive players with each other.

Bruno fits that DMF role better than Luiz, and Villa is very hard to deal with. They will likely keep Luiz no matter what, even with 2 years left, because they are in Europe next year. So it's very nice that Guimaraes is available. I just hope Arteta can coach the nasty things out of him, and also make him get less yellow cards.

I think Arsenal might be ready to trigger the clause, even if it's a bit of an overprice for him, compared to Rice. Not much better option on the market for the DMF/CMF player, so you want the best option when challenging for trophies.

Last edited:

Arsenal Quotes

Reyes !!!
Stand up for the Champions!

Martin Tyler's commentary after Jose Antonio Reyes (RIP) scores the winner against Middlesborough

Latest posts

Top Bottom