• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
The more I think on it this signing is a bit meh tbh.

He’s alright. He’ll make us marginally better but he won’t elevate us to the very top tier. I just wish we would try Rice at 6 with a b2b at left 8.

Bruno will not help solve our complete and utter dependence on Ødegaard as our creator in the final 3rd. We’ve been incredibly lucky with how resilient our captain has been. And I fear Rice at 8 will get found out against the very elite teams with pacey attacks in Europe when he’s caught in two minds about coming or going.

Maybe Arteta thinks Nwanweri is further along in his development than we do 🙏

I’m not willing to countenance the prospect of Havertz anywhere other than false 9.

Nunowoolmez

Established Member

He’s alright. I just wish we would try Rice at 6 with a b2b at left 8.

Bruno will not help solve our complete and utter dependence on Ødegaard as our creator in the final 3rd. We’ve been incredibly lucky with how resilient our captain has been. And I fear Rice at 8 will get found out against the very elite teams with pacey attacks in Europe when he’s caught in two minds about coming or going.

I’m not willing to countenance the prospect of Havertz anywhere other than false 9.
That's why I'm advocate of someone like Xavi Simons.

Can be played in multiple positions to a high level.

We've not been linked recently, so it's a bit wishlisty, be we do need someone who can deputise if Ode gets injured. Viera ain't it I'm afraid.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

That's why I'm advocate of someone like Xavi Simons.

Can be played in multiple positions to a high level.

We've not been linked recently, so it's a bit wishlisty, be we do need someone who can deputise if Ode gets injured. Viera ain't it I'm afraid.

Tbf we need to / will bring in 2 midfielders anyway I think. Let’s see.

ASAP Berg

Established Member

He’s alright. He’ll make us marginally better but he won’t elevate us to the very top tier. I just wish we would try Rice at 6 with a b2b at left 8.

Really? Whenever I watch Newcastle it is when B.Guimares is on the ball whether deep or pushed up that they tick, his passing range between the lines is brilliant, and encourages movement from the front 3 who know he can find them. A deeper line of playmaking behind Ødegaard is what we need. Imagine Partey and B.G from deep?

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Really? Whenever I watch Newcastle it is when B.Guimares is on the ball whether deep or pushed up that they tick, his passing range between the lines is brilliant, and encourages movement from the front 3 who know he can find them. A deeper line of playmaking behind Ødegaard is what we need. Imagine Partey and B.G from deep?

Yeah he can create from deep but I stressed “in the final third”…

What do we do if we just buy Bruno and then Ødegaard gets injured? Who creates the openings on the edge of their box?

Havertz?!!

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yeah he can create from deep but I stressed “in the final third”…

What do we do if we just buy Bruno and then Ødegaard gets injured? Who creates the openings on the edge of their box?

Havertz?!!
There isn't money for everything in one window. Arsenal likely now wants the long-term durable DMF replacement for Partey & Jorginho for the long run. What if Rice gets injured?

Arsenal needs to buy mostly players who are top players already, not many cheaper ones. Fofana is the only sensible option if going for a cheaper DMF/CMF, but coming from other leagues always brings risk, compared to players who are proven durable top players in EPL.

You don't like it, but Havertz was bought to also cover Ødegaard, like he has this season when Ødegaard was out. He is better at RCM than LCM. Arteta also likely will see another year with Vieira and ESR, unless there are surprisingly good offers for injury-prone players, which I doubt.

So there you have it, there's 3 players Arteta sees as adequate Ødegaard cover, when Ødegaard has proven to be very durable now. And like you say, Arteta will likely see Nwaneri as a long-term AMF, who will start getting some more minutes next season.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

There isn't money for everything in one window. Arsenal likely now wants the long-term durable DMF replacement for Partey & Jorginho for the long run. What if Rice gets injured?

Arsenal needs to buy mostly players who are top players already, not many cheaper ones. Fofana is the only sensible option if going for a cheaper DMF/CMF, but coming from other leagues always brings risk, compared to players who are proven durable top players in EPL.

You don't like it, but Havertz was bought to also cover Ødegaard, like he has this season when Ødegaard was out. He is better at RCM than LCM. Arteta also likely will see another year with Vieira and ESR, unless there are surprisingly good offers for injury-prone players, which I doubt.

So there you have it, there's 3 players Arteta sees as adequate Ødegaard cover, when Ødegaard has proven to be very durable now. And like you say, Arteta will likely see Nwaneri as a long-term AMF, who will start getting some more minutes next season.

Yeah I see all that, I’m just saying all those options are crap as far as I’m concerned. I’m well aware that Arteta sees Havertz as a valid option at 8 but I’m quite comfortable disagreeing with him.

Havertz is a facilitator, not an orchestrator. Vieira and ESR are not at the level. Nwanweri might be the one but obviously lots of buts there.

I’ve said as well anyway I think we need two MFs esp if we are assuming Partey and Jorginho are both done here (if not then that answers you’re what if Rice is injured question).

I’d much rather focus on midfield than striker and defence this season if it comes down to needing to prioritise money.

In order of priority for me it’s:

1) b2b midfielder
2) fast tricky winger
3) young dm cover
4) striker
5) cb

Of course outgoings will shift that order around, that’s just how I see it now.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I see all that, I’m just saying all those options are crap as far as I’m concerned. I’m well aware that Arteta sees Havertz as a valid option at 8 but I’m quite comfortable disagreeing with him.

Havertz is a facilitator, not an orchestrator. Vieira and ESR are not at the level. Nwanweri might be the one but obviously lots of buts there.

I’ve said as well anyway I think we need two MFs esp if we are assuming Partey and Jorginho are both done here (if not then that answers you’re what if Rice is injured question).

I’d much rather focus on midfield than striker and defence this season if it comes down to needing to prioritise money.

In order of priority for me it’s:

1) b2b midfielder
2) fast tricky winger
3) young dm cover
4) striker
5) cb

Of course outgoings will shift that order around, that’s just how I see it now.

I got you.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Btw even if jorgi can’t contribute on the pitch I’d love him to stay in some capacity, by all accounts he is a tremendous dressing room presence

CannonBals

The main plan was always Partey as DMF, Rice as Xhaka durable stamina replacement and Ødegaard for this season. The "power midfield". Rice fits that pressing machine LCM role much better than Guimaraes, like you say. And Bruno that DMF role.

This depends who you ask but the early Athletic articles and others aswell mentioned that Rice was specifically needed to balance Havertz and Ødegaard in midfield. General read was Havertz is Xhakha replacement at LCM a more attacking replacement and Rice behind him and Partey.
We tried the whole of last window to move Partey but had no offers. So this also seems more plausible.

As it turned out Havertz is a much better ST then LCM so got moved there. Rice got moved to LCM.

It’s not how I see it because Bruno doesn’t have any elite qualities like Partey who can move Rice 8.

You’d basically have two players who aren’t focusing on their core strengths.

I personally prefer Rice as LCM. He is a better LCM than DM in our system.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

This depends who you ask but the early Athletic articles and others aswell mentioned that Rice was specifically needed to balance Havertz and Ødegaard in midfield. General read was Havertz is Xhakha replacement at LCM a more attacking replacement and Rice behind him and Partey.
We tried the whole of last window to move Partey but had no offers. So this also seems more plausible.

As it turned out Havertz is a much better ST then LCM so got moved there. Rice got moved to LCM.

I personally prefer Rice as LCM. He is a better LCM than DM in our system.

His best performances have come at 6.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

Well I would counter with the team has played best when he plays LCM.
Buildup/Ball progression suffers when he plays 6.

Yes but this could (and is, in my opinion) simply due to who has played lcm when rice has been 6.

When Rice has played lcm he’s had Partey or Jorginho behind him, both world class 6s on their day. When he has played 6 he’s had Havertz or ESR or someone at lcm.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Well I would counter with the team has played best when he plays LCM.
Buildup/Ball progression suffers when he plays 6.

Agreed, but this is because we have a proper 8 and 6, but when we play Kai we only have a 6 as he’s nowhere near the level for 8.

CannonBals

Yes but this could (and is, in my opinion) simply due to who has played lcm when rice has been 6.

When Rice has played lcm he’s had Partey or Jorginho behind him, both world class 6s on their day. When he has played 6 he’s had Havertz or ESR or someone at lcm.

I guess its a perspective thing as currently its not clear which one is it.
It could be what you are saying aswell.
Lets see which way Arteta goes.

But its just that I would prefer my DM to be great at passing between the lines. Rice is not that. And with the stamina hi has he can play B2B role, contribute in attack and cover in defence when needed.

db10_therza

Trusted ⭐

I guess its a perspective thing as currently its not clear which one is it.
It could be what you are saying aswell.
Lets see which way Arteta goes.

But its just that I would prefer my DM to be great at passing between the lines. Rice is not that. And with the stamina hi has he can play B2B role, contribute in attack and cover in defence when needed.

Yeah you can argue both ways. For me I just keep thinking a proper world class b2b can cover so much. Again think Gundogan at City.

You can easily get around Rice’s lack of line breaking in build up by swapping players around but in settled possession there is no one I’d rather have in world football than Rice protecting the base of our midfield.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Yeah you can argue both ways. For me I just keep thinking a proper world class b2b can cover so much. Again think Gundogan at City.

You can easily get around Rice’s lack of line breaking in build up by swapping players around but in settled possession there is no one I’d rather have in world football than Rice protecting the base of our midfield.

We nearly had Gundo x Rice 😍

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant

I'm not fully convinced myself, but he would very much help take the creative burden off Ødegaard. Killer passes is definitely something he has in his locker, whether long or short.

Arsenal Quotes

My job is to give people who work hard all week something to enjoy on Saturdays and Wednesdays

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom