• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

📢 Rumour Bruno Guimarães

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Bruno should not have to be sold to comply with artificial rules that do not account for owner's wealth. It's the Saudi sovereign wealth fund - the richest on the planet - not some dodgy millionaire.
Badge kissing *****
My question is, IF Newcastle were inclined to sell Bruno to City, what would it take?
IMO, at least £150m
Bruno isn't just our best player, he's a symbol of the new Newcastle, he's adored by the fans, and by extension the owners and execs get credit for him. Sell him to a PL club and all that disappears.
If we (and I don't think we will) let him go for £80m we are ****ing mental. I think if he goes it will be £120m
at this point i wish there was an independent regulator to say "no lads, this psr is barmy, and we the government aren't having it"
Quick view from Jeddah-upon-Tyne

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
I actually think that is something that improved under Arteta. We have more players with physicality, and we are more streetwise. You simply have to be these days.
For sure, but as @StefanB mentioned above, having someone with a mean streak brings about an bit of extra fear factor.

We lost that when Xhaka left & even then by the time he left he had quelled it to a certain degree.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This will be like the Rice saga again isn't it, another long window of reading dicck measuring comments from Newcastle fans and why they should rather sell for 200m to Madrid
Not sure the Newcastle fans will have much say here, but aye, it could well be a long drawn out affair. We did well last year with Rice, hopefully we can replicate that.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Think people are making the same mistake they made with Xhaka re: Partey.

I want him gone as much as the next person, but as shown by this season, things are not that simple. If we do land him, I hope Mikel puts him on where Bruno works best and not necessarily where Partey worked best.

DuBB

That Guimaraes is a tidy, tidy player. Very calm on the ball, and a cute/disguising passer. Not my first time watching him but my first time watching him specifically looking to see how and why he’d fit. I see it now, I really do. He could play in all 3 of our midfield positions.

But from what I’m seeing, I don’t think he’s coming to push Rice forward. That’ll always be an option, of course, but his calm and clever passing might be what we need to turn the left hand side into a well oiled machine the way our right is if he plays Left 8. He’ll solve the left sided isolation issues our LW’s tend to suffer from.

If the links are true, I see the club’s vision. He’s not a £100m “DM”, but he is a £100m because of the level he’d be able to play all 3 positions at.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Havertz might be the biggest ****houser on the squad. He just doesn't look like it because he's so inexpressive.
People had the image of him being just this nerdy guy with no fire at all. That has, and will always be a part of him. And why he is such a good guy off the field. While even with doing shenanigans, almost never going overboard with it.

But in two years time his face will change into a mature beast. Cobra Kai. His face looks like a snake, in a good way. Then it will reflect his new being, a confident Gunner, which his play reflects.

His boyish image will be gone forever. It will be only in the background for those who know. He is becoming a man. Saka has had a similar path with his personality.

images

Havertz-arrival-stock.jpg

d66652f803f4592bf744c46caf20f01c.jpg

fbl-eur-c1-man_city-chelsea.jpeg

0_Burnley-FC-v-Arsenal-FC-Premier-League.jpg

Image-with-Logo-16x9-3.png

DuBB

Havertz might be the biggest ****houser on the squad. He just doesn't look like it because he's so inexpressive.

Yup!

Ben White is a playful ****houser but Havertz isn’t playful. He’s an a**hole but one you can’t quite pin it on because his face is often blank and he moves like a deer on ice, but he’s very purposeful about where he leaves a leg, how he falls and where his elbows go.

He gets opponents complaining to the ref in almost every game but because he doesn’t have a reputation and he doesn’t chirp back much, it always looks to the ref like a back and forth when in reality he’s been needling his guy all game.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Yup!

Ben White is a playful ****houser but Havertz isn’t playful. He’s an a**hole but one you can’t quite pin it on because his face is often blank and he moves like a deer on ice, but he’s very purposeful about where he leaves a leg, how he falls and where his elbows go.

He gets opponents complaining to the ref in almost every game but because he doesn’t have a reputation and he doesn’t chirp back much, it always looks to the ref like a back and forth when in reality he’s been needling his guy all game.
I forgot to put in my post my original point. That it's an advantage for Havertz that he has this look, and doesn't seem very interested most of the time.

It distracts opponents and referees. Referees don't believe he meant those shenanigans, because he isn't like Xhaka, all fired up and having the reputation. He is sneaky like a snake.

Also need to add that Saka is behind Havertz as becoming this "arrogant man". He might not get past his boyish image because he is maybe the most innocent top player in modern football. But he doesn't need to, as he is even better than Havertz. He will just become a man in due time.

CannonBals

Would prefer him to FDJ all day long.
This guy has fire in him which is essential to compete in PL and especially against this City.
(Also with Villa likely to get CL Luiz is basically impossible)

Henry boi

Would prefer him to FDJ all day long.
This guy has fire in him which is essential to compete in PL and especially against this City.
(Also with Villa likely to get CL Luiz is basically impossible)
Luiz is impossible yet FDJ is attainable lol interesting

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 20

Thomas Partey is wanted by clubs in Saudi Arabia, with just one year left on his deal [Evening Standard]

Pedro Neto & Nico Williams are admired by the club, while they have also watched Amadou Onana and Martin Zubimendi this season [Evening Standard]

Cedric Soares confirms his departure from the club [Arsenal.com]

Borussia Dortmund will rival Arsenal to sign Fenerbache LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [Takvim]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom