• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.0%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 67 49.6%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.3%

• Total voters

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Your Sane shout is funny because he hasn’t scored since October 28 and Bayern fans want rid.

Foden is not a regular RW.

Shifting goal posts yet again...btw add Lamine Yamal to the list too...at 16 looks a better player than Saka already

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Shifting goal posts yet again...btw add Lamine Yamal to the list too...at 16 looks a better player than Saka already
How? Foden has played half his games as a LW and AM, it’s not an apples to apples comparison.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
The only player who was overplayed was Ode, working like a madman and still finds quality going forward.

Saying that, we never say Ode is overplayed, but we've been soft on Saka since the season started. Maybe he just isn't as good as we thought he was

He definitely isn't. Arsenal fans have a tendency to overrate the homegrown players.

Ljonin

Hasn’t kicked on this season tbh and looks limited.

Now he might be carrying something etc, but he’s not going to be elite. I’m gutted as I really thought we had something special going on with this player

Mudi

Lol people bashing Saka when the whole team is underperforming. Clearly he is not 100% fit but our manager thought that Nelson would be a good rotation player to Saka. Then he did not rotate because the drop of quality is so big that he needs to play him every game.

Same problem as last year and burned to ground by the end of year. We need a quality rotation player to Saka.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Of all our attackers Ødegaard is the only one who actually looks like he could be a difference maker at the highest level.

Bunch of effective system players the lot of em, no real star quality and definitely not world class. I hold my tongue a lot because of how defensive people get but if the Porto and Bayern legs don’t show you that he needs another string or two to his bow to be called world class then I don’t know what to tell you.

He’s been putting in performances like this occasionally throughout the season as well while making them with penalties or set piece assists. This isn’t fatigue, there’s just another level of consistency that he needs to add to his game.

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
Lol people bashing Saka when the whole team is underperforming. Clearly he is not 100% fit but our manager thought that Nelson would be a good rotation player to Saka. Then he did not rotate because the drop of quality is so big that he needs to play him every game.

Same problem as last year and burned to ground by the end of year. We need a quality rotation player to Saka.

Not fit and burned to the ground. Here we go again.

The entire team wasn't good enough. That doesn't mean we can't say what's right in front of us: for all that world class starboy talk he did **** all, again.

Alkesh

The only player who was overplayed was Ode, working like a madman and still finds quality going forward.

Saying that, we never say Ode is overplayed, but we've been soft on Saka since the season started. Maybe he just isn't as good as we thought he was

I think they've been played roughly the same amount, and I agree that Ode has had a better season.

The problem is less about how good or not good he is, but that his play has tightened up. I remember when his game wasn't just receive ball, cut inside, and shoot. He's become incredibly one-dimensional this season, and you have to wonder if injury or fatigue has cost him some explosiveness.

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose
And you get attacked for suggesting he has to do it in the CL before being crowned as world class.

Of all our attackers Ødegaard is the only one who actually looks like he could belong here.

Bunch of effective system players, no real stat quality and definitely not world class.

No New n0nce and his 'odegaardism' rants but no mention of Saka's lack of world class attributes and ghosting in the business end of seasons.

Ødegaard has outgrown Saka.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
He’s a decent player but stupidly predictable. He isn’t athletically gifted like Salah to take the next step and become a goalscoring demon.

If a team locks him up, he’s basically useless. I feel like we’ve seen the same story with him season on season. I don’t really see where he will improve beyond what his game is at the moment

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Marvin Hagler said it best hard to get out and do roadwork at 5am when you've been sleeping in silk pyjamas. Our good boi with good values got too used to jeeting that kahba Kardashian and eating free nandos

Mudi

Not fit and burned to the ground. Here we go again.

The entire team wasn't good enough. That doesn't mean we can't say what's right in front of us: for all that world class starboy talk he did **** all, again.

He is def not world class but he is also not the problem. City has Bernardo Silva & Foden for the RW position, yet we have Saka & Nelson. I mean quality drop off is so big that there is no option then to play him week in and week out.

Also Saka's performance has dropped since White is not doing the overlaps. Due to being isolated, he has not much option.

Our bigger problem is rather limited creativity from midfield and no overlapping backs...

TheEliteMaster100_

Turns up only when we lose

Went out like a whimper and delivered a Lo Celso/Eriksen style corner (not beating the first man) in the last kick of the game.

He'll be rinsed in the Euros, for his sake he needs to drop a stinker and be dropped for Foden/Palmer...

Bloodbather

Established Member

He’s a decent player but stupidly predictable. He isn’t athletically gifted like Salah to take the next step and become a goalscoring demon.

If a team locks him up, he’s basically useless. I feel like we’ve seen the same story with him season on season. I don’t really see where he will improve beyond what his game is at the moment
It's pretty obvious what he can improve upon. Get stronger, get better at shooting, and look for the goal more. He's still pretty lightweight, he could afford to be it if he was a speed demon but he isn't.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom