• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bukayo Saka: Saka The Net

Is Saka a world class player?

• Yes definitely

Votes: 50 37.0%
  • Close, he’ll get there soon

Votes: 67 49.6%
  • No no at all

Votes: 18 13.3%

• Total voters

Alkesh

It's pretty obvious what he can improve upon. Get stronger, get better at shooting, and look for the goal more. He's still pretty lightweight, he could afford to be it if he was a speed demon but he isn't.

I don't think it's an issue of stronger or looking for goal more, he's plenty strong and his one move at the moment is to cut inside and shoot.

He has to diversify his game. He's been so easy to mark out of games this season. He needs to be more explosive, more willing to take on his man, and he needs to get his crossing boots back. What's killing him is how predictable he is lately; players show him outside, and all he can do is pass it back.

Malky

Established Member
Marvin Hagler said it best hard to get out and do roadwork at 5am when you've been sleeping in silk pyjamas. Our good boi with good values got too used to jeeting that kahba Kardashian and eating free nandos
Nah the fanbase are just convinced he’s “ tired “ again. Or he’s carrying an injury because when things aren’t working he starts his limping nonsense.
If PSG come in with a good offer in the summer for their Mbappe replacement we should accept ( I’m talking around £100m range )

Rattata

Nah the fanbase are just convinced he’s “ tired “ again. Or he’s carrying an injury because when things aren’t working he starts his limping nonsense.
If PSG come in with a good offer in the summer for their Mbappe replacement we should accept ( I’m talking around £100m range )
lol good luck replacing a player like Saka.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
Another game where Starboy does nothing. Couldn't hack it against Davies on a yellow the first game and didn't do anything tonight.

But he's probably tired and run into the ground, as he always is when he fails to perform. In reality he has hit an atrocious run of form, which for me is unacceptable if you want to be called world class.

I want big performances from him in our last big games for the PL.
What you on about!!! He scored for crying out loud in the first game. Leave Saka alone as he's been our best attacking player in terms of goals. Where's Martinelli been all season????

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Even ignoring the wrong position Saka is like the least likely Mbappe replacement ever lol. They will most likely go after Leao

A great manager takes Saka and puts him in midfield. Has in theory everything to excel there while making way for a more direct exciting winger to do his thing wide

teamsoutheast

Absolutely derisory behaviour from you lot blowing up this thread while Martinelli has been living rent free all season.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Absolutely derisory behaviour from you lot blowing up this thread while Martinelli has been living rent free all season.
What? Nelli has been getting killed deservedly. In fact many people, myself included have been slating him for his dreadful form putting more pressure on Saka but the reality is that Martinelli is not the supposed Star man with the Nandos sauce. That's Saka. He wants to be the face of the team and that comes with different expectations. He's the Hale End product, that comes with different expectations. He starts for his national team, that comes with different expectations. He's been not just poor but petulant now diving rather than fighting for the ball and limping only after losses. I love him but that's not acceptable behavior and it should be criticized. He's had deserved plaudits for years, he can take the criticism now that he's not delivering.

Paperino

It’s Timo Time

He is injured and close to bring completely physically exhausted since he has been overplayed in a crazy way. But even if you take that into account he was unacceptably poor tonight.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
A good manager takes him out of the firing line. For whatever reason, he's been mostly ineffective recently. If nobody else can stand in for him, then just cancel the rest of the season

teamsoutheast

What? Nelli has been getting killed deservedly. In fact many people, myself included have been slating him for his dreadful form putting more pressure on Saka but the reality is that Martinelli is not the supposed Star man with the Nandos sauce. That's Saka. He wants to be the face of the team and that comes with different expectations. He's the Hale End product, that comes with different expectations. He starts for his national team, that comes with different expectations. He's been not just poor but petulant now diving rather than fighting for the ball and limping only after losses. I love him but that's not acceptable behavior and it should be criticized. He's had deserved plaudits for years, he can take the criticism now that he's not delivering.
But he is delivering. He hit 14 goals last season and he is currently on 14 goals with games left to play so he can still improve on last season's numbers. He had a good Champions League record 9 appearances 4 goals, 4 assists seeing as it's his first time ever playing in the Europe's highest competition. His record is "on par" with the so-called "World Class" Phil Foden. He does not deserve anywhere near the criticism he gets. He's been our best attacking forward this season easily.
1713394638089.png
1713395040131.png

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

The overreaction in here is something else. Disappointing performance, and he's not in good form at the moment, but it must be expected for a 22-year-old player. The "worldclass" discussion is totally irrelevant anyway
This is exactly why I'm strongly considering checking out of here for the season. Nothing but garbage being posted here.

Reactions: Tsl

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
But he is delivering. He hit 14 goals last season and he is currently on 14 goals with games left to play so he can still improve on last season's numbers. He had a good Champions League record 9 appearances 4 goals, 4 assists seeing as it's his first time ever playing in the Europe's highest competition. His record is "on par" with the so-called "World Class" Phil Foden. He does not deserve anywhere near the criticism he gets. He's been our best attacking forward this season easily.
View attachment 23611
View attachment 23612
You seem to be confusing numbers with delivering. If you go back a few pages, you will see that I actually made the argument that his numbers prove he has added something to his game when someone was actually being over the top with their criticism and saying he hadn't improved from 2 years ago.

The distinction here however is not reciting some numbers, it's talking about what he has done when the team has needed him. First leg, scores a goal and then doesn't do much before not scoring the 1v1 against Neuer. It may well have been a penalty but he should have gotten a shot off before the contact. Against Villa, he has an ok first half and then disappears in the 2nd half. Today he was dreadful but 1 or 2 moments early in the game.

Delivering is not you reading me some stats across a season. Delivering is what you do when things are going poorly and the team needs the player you proclaimed the best forward to step up and make something happen. Tell me what he has done in the last 180 minutes of football, the most important 180 minutes of football of the season to deliver. You can't say he has done anything. He can be criticized for that just as Havertz is getting criticized and Rice and Gabriel and Raya etc.

IrishGooner93

Called him out ages ago and got some amount of abuse for it. Really tired of him and Martinelli who I used to love. Both have gone backwards in their all round game and neither , despite being Still young, seem to have that special magic at the top level we need.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Called him out ages ago and got some amount of abuse for it. Really tired of him and Martinelli who I used to love. Both have gone backwards in their all round game and neither , despite being Still young, seem to have that special magic at the top level we need.
Sometimes players on similar level is separated by coaching and tactics. If both keep looking trash at some point the manager has to take some blame

Arsenal Quotes

We don't sign superstars, we make them.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom