• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cech breaks Schmeichel´s record

Sammer

Established Member
Not bad - of course a big part of it, is Chelseas 10-men-defense, but going 781 minutes without conceding a goal, is pretty impressive.

Another 103 minutes without conceding a goal - and he will even break Hildbrand´s record off going 884 minutes without conceding a goal.

Jinn

Established Member
Yep.

But no denying it - he's a great keeper. And he's got a half decent defence in front of him too! With depth as well!

Sammer

Established Member
tristan said:
Does Chelsea's 10-men-defence consist of Robben, Duff, Gudjohnsen, and Drogba as well?

Sure it does. Look at Duff´s defensive work - it´s pretty impressing, same with Robben, constantly chasing up and down the pitch.

Sadly, we missed out on Cech. Would have been a great signing.

Lipe

He had to save a penalty to beat that record...class keeper, if only we got him.

the dawn raids

Established Member
that defense is immense there can be no denying, but it'll be interesting to see how long Robben is out for and how that affects the team. remember without him it was 1-0 victories all the time; they could come to depend on thet defense even more.

awooga83

Established Member
He's a quality keeper who has an awesome defence in front of him if only we could get our keeper situation sorted :(

patrick42uk

Established Member
when chelsea are a goal up, which they usually are early in a game, they leave 3 upfront. everyone else is behind the ball.

A

Anonymous

His record is actually over a thousand minutes without conceding when playing for Sparta Prague

slapz

Forgive me for sounding stupid but is this record for league games only cos I'm just thinking he did get beat by Giggs in the league cup game the other week

Ridge

slapz said:
Forgive me for sounding stupid but is this record for league games only cos I'm just thinking he did get beat by Giggs in the league cup game the other week
maybe they only count the league games.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
Its a great record for him to have. He is a great keeper but without taking anything away from him he has a decent defence with depth in front of him.

Arsenal Quotes

It was a unique moment, a football fairytale. Was there anyone left who still believed I could give that kind of performance? Probably only Arsène Wenger.

Per Mertesacker on Arsenal’s FA Cup Final win over Chelsea on 2017 being his only appearance that season

Latest posts

Top Bottom