• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Celta Vigo: "We have been offered Kanu"

Olofski

Sure hope he won´t go to Japan as the paper also suggests, hate to see quality players go to big-money-low-quality-leagues.

jc8gooner

He is definitely staying at Highbury for the rest of the current season. I don't know about after that, but if he keeps playing like he has this season, I would like it if he stays.

JazzG

Established Member
I think we are trying to get what money we can for him. However will our current situation probably not wise to let him go.

I really can't see Bergkamp, Wiltord and Kanu playing for us next season.

Ali and Bentley will hopefully get more game. Hopefully 1 proven striker will come in as well.

Pikeypete

IMO:
Bergkamp will sign for another year as a support player, then he'll retire.

Wiltord and Kanu - who knows what the hell is going on with those 2. But if we can replace them with proven quality, then so be it!

Unfortunaltely Jeffers will be back as Everton wont want to sign him, so he'll have to go too.

Ali is ready but Bentley has another season in the reserves and Carling Cup before he steps up.

Conclusion: We need another mature striker to fill the gap that either Wiltord or Kanu or both leave. Ali gets to fight against the new striker for first choice to partner Henry and then Bentley can join the fight the following season when DB10 retires. Sorted! BTW I reckon Klivert is a done deal. :shock: Perfect scenario.

Stim

Kanu will still be here next season. He will be a good squad member by then.

Stim

OneteaminLondon said:
Stim said:
Kanu will still be here next season. He will be a good squad member by then.

:D :D :D :D

And he isn't now?
Well he's proving even more useful every game, so by then he should of established himself better and banished the past memories of Kanu from most Arsenal fans.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
I don't think anyone will quite forget just how bad Kanu's been over the last couple of years, but he's at an age now when he should be playing his best football. I think now, as he has improved, there's an argument for him being a regular starter in away games and in Europe, his ball control and hold up play is probably the best out of all the available options (exc. Thierry). Wiltord gives the ball away far too much and I think starts for Ali should generally be confined to home games.

lewdikris

Established Member
This is an old story. Kanu was offered to Celta in the summer. It's just come up again cos we're playing them in the CL, and they're so bloody rubbish in the Primera Liga.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
jc8gooner said:
He is definitely staying at Highbury for the rest of the current season. I don't know about after that, but if he keeps playing like he has this season, I would like it if he stays.

I agree.

Kyla

For the amount of wages Kanu gets I still expect so much more of him, but I can't deny his importance to the team in recent weeks- he's definitely a rejuvnated figure at present but I'm sure a new contract has a lot to do with it.

Plus an onform Kanu means a return to Wengerball- he's taken part in some of our most sublime football.

A.M.A.G.

lewdikris said:
This is an old story. Kanu was offered to Celta in the summer. It's just come up again cos we're playing them in the CL, and they're so bloody rubbish in the Primera Liga.

I'd probably have to agree with this more than anything else. Kanu is proven + useful... and its unlikely he's going to be sold unless someone offers an inflated amounted AND someone just as good, and more probably, better... is lined up to replace him. I personally don't see it happening, so he stays. For a squad like ours where all the extra fat has been cut away... don't expect anyone to be sold unless something better is lined up... otherwise the club would just be acting *.

goonerdownunder

jc8gooner said:
Maybe we should have sold Jeffers when Birmingham wanted him for5 million!

omfg what the hell was steve bruse thinking offering that much for jeffers, was he high or something at the time, i dont know what could of motivated him to put in an offer like that.

Arsenal Quotes

No one could have imagined for a single second that he would come to us. Only David Dein, Sol, his agent, and I knew what was going on. When I called a press conference to announce the arrival of a new player, and Sol Campbell walked into the room full of journalists, it was a bombshell.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom