• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Celtic FC

the dawn raids

Established Member
so close. Strachan waited way too long to bring Ali on, but I proably a bit biased in that thought. cant believe they hit the post though; what a game.

Army of Me

Established Member
yea, good game, my girlfriends family are going to be devastated, they're all celtic fans, thank god i wasn't anywhere near there tonight.

thats an embarrassing result for them, and not to mention the lost revenue - things are going to be really tough for strachan this season, if he doesnt win the SPL the fans are not going to be chuffed.

and he needs to use Aliadiere more, from the games he's been available he's hardly played him - does he not realise how good this guy is? instead he plumps with the fat, lumbering git hartson.

Karlos2

Hartson played well, although i dislike Celtic, i watched the game basically because i thought Ali would play, great game though.

AFCG7

Established Member
Great game.. heartbreaking though.. you come from 5-0 down..its 4-0 all you need is one more goal... KInda reminded me of us v Bayern in the CL.. so close yet so far..just one more goal would have done it.

Canuck

Established Member
AFCG7 said:
Great game.. heartbreaking though.. you come from 5-0 down..its 4-0 all you need is one more goal... KInda reminded me of us v Bayern in the CL.. so close yet so far..just one more goal would have done it.
Sounds just like us v. Bayern last season. Total defensive calamity away, then couldn't quite make up for it at home.
You've got to give 'em credit for trying though. I didn't even think they'd manage 4-0.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
why does strachan insist on introducing Beattie before Ali?? if youre not going to give the kid a chance to show what he can do, why did you sign him on loan??

Army of Me

Established Member
from what i've seen so far of celtic (the 2 qualifiers and game v motherwell) i think strachan is reluctant to use his new players in case it doesn't gel straight away.

i think he has 5 new players - kurawski (inj), aliadiere, nakamura, telfer and camara, and he's really only played 2 at a time so far just in case. but it's no excuse, no matter what team celtic put out they should not concede 5 against a bunch of diddies from bratislava and 4 against motherwell (and they almost lost that one as well, beattie scored a late late goal which is probably why he was given the nod ahead of ali).

agnishevchenko

it was a shame to see Celtic lose.. but i'm not bothered about that! the thing that bothers me alot is that Ali cant play CL football!! man that sucks..i thought the would at least play in the group stages.. now there's nothing for him to learn.. scottish football sucks man!! except if it a derby match between rangers.. so i believe Ali would learn more if he goes on loan to an EPL side or a French side! man, he's gonna be wasting a year in scotland!! :|

velimir85

So close...but there's no one to blame but themselves - losing 5-0 to Artmedia is embarassing.Period.
I'm sorry for Aliadiere, but the season in SPL won't kill him. Would be better if he played in the CL, but what can you do.

Clrnc

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Tomiyasu
Celtic have confirmed that manager Tony Mowbray and his assistants have left Celtic following the 4-0 defeat at St Mirren.

Wednesday night's defeat left Celtic ten points behind Rangers in the table and there had been significant doubts about his future in the aftermath.

"It is not good enough for me, the players and the fans," Mowbray said after the match. "We all accept that but I take responsibility."

Mowbray met chief executive Peter Lawwell at the Hoops' Lennoxtown training ground on Thursday before the decision was made. A number of fans had arrived to jeer Mowbray as he arrived at work following the St Mirren defeat.

Assistant manager Mark Venus and first-team coach Peter Grant have left the club, while Neil Lennon has accepted the job of caretaker manager until the end of the season.
<a class="postlink" href="http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=761372&sec=scotland&cc=4716" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=4716</a>

Personally, I think he was quite good for them in the transfer market. Don't know why the results haven't been going their way but everytime I see them, they have always been too attacking for their own good

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Terrible manager.

But plays in the "right way" so Celtic wanted him to replace Strachan who had brought them a lot of success. Despite the "right way" relegating West Brom miserably. Perfect example of fans getting greedy and not being happy with winning and instead wanting to "win better".

Awful manager, no surprise he's gone.

Klaus Daimler

Established Member
He's a quality manager. Nobody can fault him for relegating West Brom given the poor resources he was handed. Celtic was always the wrong club for him though. You can't force a tiger to change its stripes and it certainly won't happen over night anyway. Scotland is ill-suited for the type of football Mowbray wants to play. I hope he makes a return to Premier League. England needs more guys like him who are able to think for themselves and less of those monkey-see-monkey-do types like Pulis and McCarthy.

Stevo the Villan

Established Member
Klaus, how is he a quality manager? What has he ever done to give him that title? Won the fizzy pop league and got a top 4 finish in the joke of a league that is Scottish football.

A quality manager wouldn't blindly play "good football" if it was relegating his team. They'd wake up and smell the coffee and do what needed to be done.

I don't understand why Celtic would ever have gone for him. And his ability to take Celtic and make them so **** this season further proves my point.

MAK 14

Established Member
Not that surprised. I don't think people should fault only him for Celtic's poorness lately though.

Arsenal Quotes

I am not arrogant and I'm not frightened to say it.. Arsenal can go through whole season unbeaten

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Top Bottom