• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Why has this turned into a Cesc v Özil thread, Cesc clearly had the better Arsenal career.

This is about Cesc desperately trying to find himself a home as his career nears its end. Don’t know why he doesn’t just play up to Chelsea, they love him there.

My only conclusion is that deep down he wishes he went down the Totti/Gerrard route and ended his career with 600 Arsenal apps and legendary status on par with our greats. Instead he chose cheap trophies, oh well.

At the tail end of his career and hardly any fans have a connection to him and I think he misses that.

Maybe he thought he was going to get it at Barca, but that went down the route we all thought it would go. Don’t think Chelsea fans have any real love for him as well.

Reactions: A_G

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Fabregas did nothing to warrant legend status, great player, sure. Possibly up there with RvP and Alexis as far as post Highbury quality goes, but far from a legend.
What RvP only did in the last 18 months when he was actually fit for the first time here, Cesc did every single season until he left. He has to be up there for quality with RvP. If RvP hadn't been a walking sick note for years maybe Cesc never leaves and the silverware drought isn't so long. And I loved Alexis but he was never on the same planet as Fabregas as a player in our shirt or any other.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
At the tail end of his career and hardly any fans have a connection to him and I think he misses that.

Maybe he thought he was going to get it at Barca, but that went down the route we all thought it would go. Don’t think Chelsea fans have any real love for him as well.

When you look at the midfielders Chelsea have had since Roman took over compared to the ones we had you won't be surprised why we still talk about Cesc more than they do.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

No point to leaving Arsenal if he wanted that ? He wanted to win titles at Arsenal,but we didn't make it.
He was 24 back then, he wasn’t thinking about legacy or post retirement, almost 10 years later he’s probably spending a lot of time looking at his career.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s had a great career but in retirement you feel he hasn’t found a home, he’s hated by Barca fans, he’s a nobody to Chelsea fans and opinion is out on him amongst Arsenal fans even though we’ll all agree his football was phenomenal.

Players get adopted by a club when they retire and those fans will always go to bat for you, with Cesc that is probably not happening.

I’m sure he’ll come to peace with it, and stop making excuses and going on PR runs to play the victim and have a cry while throwing his ex mates under the bus.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I don’t suck off Luiz, I’m just glad to finally have a leader in defence. Someone with balls who can organise and raise the level of the players around them, instead of bottling every big opportunity presented.

Neither player has ever been a world-class CB but I’d take Luiz, the game-raising, ball-playing leader at the back over captain-bottler any day of the week.

Like it or not, Koscielny is going to be remembered in PL history as the guy who kicked a desperately-needed trophy out of his GK’s hands, the guy who torpedoed Wenger’s last chance at redemption against Atletico Madrid, and the ‘captain’ of the most pathetic Arsenal side in history.

Imagine fetishising someone who literally spent his last season here crying about how even his kids thought he was a loser, before - as club captain - going on strike to force a move to a farmer’s league ffs.

And I worshipped Sagna btw. Great character and reliable defender.

One of the best posts I've ever read on Arsenalmania

Brett

Kos was one of the best in his prime. Yes he was not a leader, not his fault, wengers fault.
He could have left in better circumstances but he came out and said that is because of Emery.

Saying Luiz is better than him is laughable.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Kos was one of the best in his prime. Yes he was not a leader, not his fault, wengers fault.
He could have left in better circumstances but he came out and said that is because of Emery.

Saying Luiz is better than him is laughable.
Luiz is terrible, really has had 2/3 decent games at Arsenal. Under Emery his “leadership” was nowhere to be seen either.

Terrible defender.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I said it before... This Cesc interview and mess just makes me hate the Kroenkes even more.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The levels here are incredible. Lampard ditched this useless **** to play some unknown kid at CB while Arsenal fans are getting on their knees for their god Luiz :lol:.

tbf this says more about you if you didnt know who Tomori was

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Cesc was better than Rakitic. Lucho signed him because to add combativeness to the midfield.

That 2014/2015 Barca team didn't need creativity from deep. The trio of MSN created most of their chances. That midfield was more or less a functional klopp-like midfield.

If you ask a neutral to pick between peak Rakitic or a peak Cesc. That's a very obvious choice

I mean I disagree strongly on that analysis, trying to paint Rakitic, Busquets and Iniesta as clogger-esque is well off.

They’d look build through midfield and try and overload the middle with Iniesta and Rakitic making off the ball runs very frequently into the space Messi or Suarez left.

It was nothing like a Klopp team who win the ball in midfield and hit into the channels. Rakitic was a much more rounded midfielder who unlike Cesc could control the game in the middle of the park which is why he’s been such a key player there for five years.

say yes

forum master baiter
What RvP only did in the last 18 months when he was actually fit for the first time here, Cesc did every single season until he left. He has to be up there for quality with RvP. If RvP hadn't been a walking sick note for years maybe Cesc never leaves and the silverware drought isn't so long. And I loved Alexis but he was never on the same planet as Fabregas as a player in our shirt or any other.
Yeah I agree.

Fabregas is comfortably the best player of the Emirates era for me. RvP a clear second. Third is probably the hardest pick with guys like Sanchez, Özil, Cazorla and Ramsey floating around. It’s probably Sanchez but there are arguments you could make for any of them.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
The club fell off once they came in, clear to see. People wanted to blame Wenger, the players, the fans, the sunshine etc, but it’s hitting home finally now that we’ve become a mid table club without Wenger.

We had much better team under Wenger.No point to compare with this one.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane
Top Bottom