• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Cesc Fabregas

Who would you rather have?

• Total voters

GoonerJay24

Song and Clichy were good players tbf.If you compare that team with this one,you would see that we were better in almost every position.I would only take Auba for that squad,but only when RVP didn't play.

I don't take anything from Wenger.But we finished in top 4 because we were quality for top 4.He didn't do anything more or less than we expected in those times.And most fans saw top 4 as a failure.

We were predicted to finish 6th or 7th by pundits during those times

TinFish

Went on a strike and did everything he could to **** us over with Barca. Cesc pr team working overtime these days, seems like he's desperate to be loved by at least one fanbase.

I think everyone reads too much into this. Why do football players need to be accepted by fans? They have their own career to think of FFS.

He has earned millions and provided comfortably for his wife and kids. Having the respect of the fans is the icing on the cake after your career is over but lets face it unless you're a GOAT the appreciation is negligible.

I genuinely think he has love for the club, even more than Barca. He came here as a kid - with little English, adapted, grew, achieved and elevated the players around him. As many have said here, best player so far during the Emirates era.

Unfortunately our fan base is probably one of the most divided and toxic in high level football. AFTV being the catalyst.

To summarise, I don't think there is a PR team trying to big him up to Arsenal fans. What does that achieve? Acceptance? Football players could hardly give a ****. Henry didn't give a **** when he left for Barca? Who cares about he circumstances? What has Totti got from absolute loyalty? A high five from some teens and a blowjob?

Hell even after your career has ended, small time fans are observing under the microscope. Manchester United fans are now embarrassed to embrace sister-in-law shagger Ryan Giggs. Granny shagger Wayne Roony and overall pillock Paul Scholes. Your whole career can be tarnished and belittled even after your football career is over.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Drogba is a great on and off the pitch. Peak Drog was up there with Alan Shearer as the best traditional CF the prem has seen imo.

Fascinating that Giroud ended up with a near identical strike rate for us as Drogba yet gets routinely called a donkey on here.

Could never be me.

Eaststander74

Jury Lite II
Fascinating that Giroud ended up with a near identical strike rate for us as Drogba yet gets routinely called a donkey on here.

Could never be me.

He only had one great season to be fair... And yet we know he was a much better player than Giroud was. Drogba’s stats certainly don’t do the player that he was, justice.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Drogba should never be mentioned in the same sentence as Giroud, that’s an insult and you’d get laughed at outside of this board. Ridiculous.

Can we stick to how snakey Cesc is?
And how he’s demolishing Özil in the poll? ( I wholeheartedly agree with the popular vote btw, no contest)

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Zidane spent 3 years at Madrid, but he was considered a legend there even before he was appointed as their manager.

Edit: the mods should take down the poll. Özil is taking some shellacking :lol:

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Went on a strike and did everything he could to **** us over with Barca. Cesc pr team working overtime these days, seems like he's desperate to be loved by at least one fanbase.
But Keane what on unitedbin his last season, so should that disqualify him as a legend.

Ronaldo famously accused united of treating him like a 'slave'. And his productivity dropped massively the following season despite them winning the league and reaching the CL final.

So, To some persons Cesc is a legend.

To other others he's a snake.

But for me, he gave 110% while he was here, so I didn't begrudge his decision. The only villain in this story is our board. You didn't see other players in Chelsea or man utd trying to force a move to lesser clubs. If were ambitious, I imagine Cesc would still be here captaining us or even more an assistant coach here beside Arteta :drool:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

EULaiTcXYAAKWgL

EULaiTfX0AA647Q

If I speak......

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He only had one great season to be fair... And yet we know he was a much better player than Giroud was. Drogba’s stats certainly don’t do the player that he was, justice.

It’s interesting though, there were seasons where Drogba failed to get past double figures in the league.

Think he’s simultaneously overrated while Giroud is underrated, the fact Drogba seemed to bang all his goals in big games means for me his reputation has grown way bigger than his actual level.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Cesc, Nasri, Arshavin, Walcott, Song, Diaby, Ramsey, Wilshere, RVP, Adebayor.

All of those start for us now, it’s a disgrace how far we’ve fallen. Those lot were a level below the invincibles as well obviously.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Cesc, Nasri, Arshavin, Walcott, Song, Diaby, Ramsey, Wilshere, RVP, Adebayor.

All of those start for us now, it’s a disgrace how far we’ve fallen. Those lot were a level below the invincibles as well obviously.

Due to sheer boredom I've watch quite a lot of videos of the post-invincibles era and even comparing them to what we have now and the difference in quality is astounding and quite depressing. You see even someone like Rosicky is a level above trash like Ceballos. Arshavin even in the 10/11 season were he wasn't quite as explosive as his instant impact in 09 would probably start now. Song would probably be our best midfielder now by a distance. Those are 3 names that you could say were seen as not good enough back then, or at least not as starters, now you'd kill for that type of quality.

Adebayor and Van Persie, even as much as I love Auba for his goals, you wanna see proper strikers who can do everything. I mean I think people forget just how good Adebayor was wen he was up for it. Even stuff like his close control and ability to create chances for himself and others. People talk about his physical attributes but he was a superb striker technical too. Him and Fabregas, as well as Hleb were a lethal attacking combination in the 07/08 season. Not only that but Adebayor was a big game player, you see people talk about Lacazette being a big game player, well Adebayor went and scored a winner against Fergie's United at OT, gave us the lead there a year later, scored what we thought was a vital goal away at Anfield, scored in loads of NLD's, scored at the San Siro. Scored in quite a few CL games in general.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Due to sheer boredom I've watch quite a lot of videos of the post-invincibles era and even comparing them to what we have now and the difference in quality is astounding and quite depressing. You see even someone like Rosicky is a level above trash like Ceballos. Arshavin even in the 10/11 season were he wasn't quite as explosive as his instant impact in 09 would probably start now. Song would probably be our best midfielder now by a distance. Those are 3 names that you could say were seen as not good enough back then, or at least not as starters, now you'd kill for that type of quality.

Adebayor and Van Persie, even as much as I love Auba for his goals, you wanna see proper strikers who can do everything. I mean I think people forget just how good Adebayor was wen he was up for it. Even stuff like his close control and ability to create chances for himself and others. People talk about his physical attributes but he was a superb striker technical too. Him and Fabregas, as well as Hleb were a lethal attacking combination in the 07/08 season. Not only that but Adebayor was a big game player, you see people talk about Lacazette being a big game player, well Adebayor went and scored a winner against Fergie's United at OT, gave us the lead there a year later, scored what we thought was a vital goal away at Anfield, scored in loads of NLD's, scored at the San Siro. Scored in quite a few CL games in general.
From 03/04 for me:

Henry
Bergkamp (Even a past it DB was immense)
RVP
Adebayor
Aubameyang

Adebayor > Aubameyang is one I’ll be in the minority with but all round I take Ade.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Need more interviews from Sagna, think every Arsenal fan respects that man...even though he went to City for the money in the end, I don’t think any of us would begrudge that, at that point he was declining after 2 major injuries, after 7 years of outstanding service...a true cult hero for The Arse, beautiful wife too, man has it all really!

Arguably our best ever right back, based on pure ability, though we have obviously had more successful ones...

HUt8DBC28sEzO9D0fRx96oEShCl7gxxHLaxyP2Yap00.jpg

...amazing photo.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Need more interviews from Sagna, think every Arsenal fan respects that man...even though he went to City for the money in the end, I don’t think any of us would begrudge that, at that point he was declining after 2 major injuries, after 7 years of outstanding service...a true cult hero for The Arse, beautiful wife too, man has it all really!

Arguably our best ever right back, based on pure ability, though we have obviously had more successful ones...

HUt8DBC28sEzO9D0fRx96oEShCl7gxxHLaxyP2Yap00.jpg

...amazing photo.
Thought he was a prick for leaving just when we ended the drought tbh.

Sagna was maybe the last Wenger bargain, signed from Auxerre for something like £7m. Mad hairdo, nobody had a clue who he was and yet we all trusted the big man.

Still remember clearly that 2-2 against United with him assisting.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

With a due respect to him, how can guy go from Lauren (Eboue) and Sagna to Bellerin. Lad hasn’t been the same since his debut season.

@Mitch aka LeeGunner was right ffs.

Arsenal Quotes

You kind of never leave Arsenal. How many comebacks do you make? At one point it will turn out to be a bad move. We all love the first Rocky but I'm not too sure about the last one.

Thierry Henry

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom