• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win Champions League: Round of 16 2nd Leg: Arsenal [1] vs FC Porto [1] (4-2 pens) | Tuesday 12th March | KO: 20:00 GMT | TNT Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Screenshot-20240310-160437-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20240310-161344-Chrome.jpg

lineup.png

Prediction

Arsenal 3-0 Porto

Screenshot-20240310-161743-Chrome.jpg

Even if Martinelli manages to get fit, which by the sounds of things sounds unlikely, I'd be looking to start Jesus in this game, Havertz through the middle though, and Ødegaard and Rice behind him

They are going to be looking to keep the lowest of low blocks, so we'll need to have players who are comfortable moving all over the pitch dragging them around and creating space for Rice and Ødegaard to find the right ball

It could be a long night, but I just feel with Jesus, Havertz and Saka all able to move across the front line it will just create havoc

On paper it should be comfortable for us, if we go for it, but things rarely turn out how they're supposed to, just need to put every bit of energy into this, we have no game after this until the end of March, so it's a game to leave it all on the pitch and have a few days to rest after

I'm confident, but still with scars from the sporting lisbon game from last year, time to show we've learned from our mistakes and put this tie to bed!

Raya
White/Saliba/Gabriel/Kiwior
Jorginho
Ødegaard/Rice
Saka/Havertz/Jesus

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Hope Jesus gets the start ahead of Trossard out wide, although I could see him playing Trossard at LW with Havertz at 8 and Jesus up front because of the need to score goals and Porto likely defending with everyone. I hope that's not what we see because Jorginho is key against these low blocks.

This is pretty much a cup final, or it should be treated as such. Jesus 100% should start on the LW, Trossard is dusted in that role no offence to him. I don't care if Jesus isn't ready to play 90 minutes, we don't have another game for like 19 days.

db10_therza

🎵 Edu getting rickrolled 🎵
Trusted ⭐

Player:White
This is pretty much a cup final, or it should be treated as such. Jesus 100% should start on the LW, Trossard is dusted in that role no offence to him. I don't care if Jesus isn't ready to play 90 minutes, we don't have another game for like 19 days.

Martinelli definitely not fit then?

Jesus clears trossard but he also struggles against any team deploying the dark arts I’ve found.

And Porto won’t just be deploying the dark arts, they’ll be rewriting the book on it…

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Typical he coming back before the international break we need to not let him go this time

Dennis_Bergkamp_10

Established Member
FC Porto forum (with Google Translate)

We pass on the epic... and in the quarters, Dortmund. In the semi-finals we go to penalties against Man City and Samu saves Bernardo Silva's decisive penalty and we are the greatest... It is to sign where SFF with signature acknowledgment...
Let's make it! We have to be very cynical and capable of suffering!
I believe that Arsenal will put all the meat in the roaster, we have to take advantage of the huge space that we will have in the back of the defenders.

If they score in the first 20 minutes I think we're screwed, so we have to try to get them to get impatient.
Bus and arrows in front. Take advantage of Galeno and Pepê's good form, we will have space in their backs
The next victim is Arsenal
Let's make history!
3 premises for things to go well and we can get to the rooms.
Hold on to the initial push until (20 minutes) without conceding a goal.
To be cohesive defensively and make the Arsenal players nervous.
To be effective in the chances we have, I believe we will have 2 or 3 clear chances and we need to score the same number of goals as them.

I believe in magic, make us dream!!!
When they start appealing to the public's support and sign that they are blurred
It is essential to stop the first phase of Arsenal's construction, to endure the first moments of the game and gradually tame the challenge, without forgetting to hurt the opponent at the slightest opportunity, because only then will we achieve the desired good outcome.
2006/07 Arsenal - FC Porto (2-0)

2008/09 Arsenal - FC Porto (4-0)

2009/10 Arsenal - FC Porto (5-0)

I think as soon as they score the first one, things can go downhill.

Unfortunately I don't believe the passage. I do not even demand it.

I just ask our fans and players to give everything, really everything!

Tomb Bombadil

I think they'll leave him out completely and try and get him out of international duty.
You truly think he will leave a player out for crucial CL fixture just that a player doesn't have to go to international duty?

Come on Mikel and our players let's act like top team and get past this stage enough is enough getting knock out against these kind of teams in round of 16.

Jorginho must start and if Zinchenko fit too he should start Porto will go extreme deep block. Havertz stays as CF and G.Jesus LW.

We need every bit of creativity here even if mean we concede counters we need more than one solution to trouble Porto
I hope so too, but I guess Arteta might still opt for Kiwior:

Raya
White - Saliba - Gabriel - Zinchenko
Jorginho
Ødegaard - Rice
Saka - Havertz - Jesus​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The only moment of possible happiness is the present. The past gives regrets. And future uncertainties. Man quickly realised this and created religion. It forgives him what he has done wrong in the past and tells him not to worry about the future, as you will go to paradise.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom