• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea - Man City

lee1001

Established Member
If we had beaten United then id actualy be quite excited about Chelsea drawing today. As we would have been only 8 points behind.

If we beat Chelsea then it would be only 5. Possible points reduction of 3. Meaning if United beat Chelsea and we won. Then we'd be top by 1. Even if they didn't get any points deducted we still only be 2 points behind and Chelsea could easily lose one of their remaining fixtures.

However, we are 11 points behind. So too little too late. :cry:

Atr

They clearly struggled to break down the defence but to the end when they were getting desperate they had more than enough solid chances to win the game.

guoxian

All it means is that their defense is still great. However, without keyman Robben, they can't sweep teams off. Their opponents will be delighted to see that. Hope other premier league clubs can believe they can take points off Chelsea.

As for Arsenal, just keep believing!

Double_H

Established Member
We Still can do it
Keep Faith

Personally i would rather Man U win It Over Chelsea (IF We dont win it this season)

A

Anonymous

I'll tell you what annoyed me about this game.
ONly after United went 2nd did Chelsea do this, when we were chasing them they couldn't put a foot wrong!WTF is that all about!?
My question,
if Chelsea would have drawn to City before last Tuesday, would we have had an even bigger incentive to win against United and would we have won?!

Taozhe

Coolcool2, it wasnt manutd or us that mattered to chelsea, it was Robben. once robben is out injured, their attacks get diminished.

sienna

11 points are stll too big of a gap. Still freakier things have happened so we'll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

awooga83

Established Member
Its is quite amazing how important Robben is to Chelsea. How many games this season has a goal or assist by him got them started in a game that looked difficult and then the other team collapse. So many times he was involved in crucial goals, without him they won't necessarily lose but they are denied that match winning potential that he brings. Also, does the formation they play work that well without him as well, we shall see. From their coming fixtures if they had Robben ruled out there are quite a few chances for them to drop points, not to lose the title but if it built momentum who knows. Still no point us looking at them when we still have to ensure we get back to our best and get 2nd spot back first.

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Its is quite amazing how important Robben is to Chelsea. How many games this season has a goal or assist by him got them started in a game that looked difficult and then the other team collapse. So many times he was involved in crucial goals, without him they won't necessarily lose but they are denied that match winning potential that he brings. Also, does the formation they play work that well without him as well, we shall see. From their coming fixtures if they had Robben ruled out there are quite a few chances for them to drop points, not to lose the title but if it built momentum who knows. Still no point us looking at them when we still have to ensure we get back to our best and get 2nd spot back first.

Very true. He's always their ice-breaker. He grabs Chelsea the crucial goal, and then Chelsea can just rely on their defence to hold out the opposition and play on the counter. The next month will be very interesting to watch.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 17

Cedric and Mohamed Elneny will leave the clubs when their contracts expire this summer [Fabrizio Romano]

Newcastle have joined Arsenal and Liverpool in the race to sign Barcelona winger Raphinha [TBR Football]

Arsenal are keen on Benfica’s 21 year old striker Marcos Leonardo [TBR Football]

Aaron Ramsdale has agreed to join Newcastle this summer [Sky Sports News]

Latest posts

Top Bottom