• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Chelsea winning again

kanuuu

Established Member
2-0 against Portsmouth 25 minutes in, they're unstopable.

United beating Villa 1-0 too.

patrick42uk

Established Member
everton one nil down. i find myself looking at the everton scores now to make sure we can keep third spot. things might get worse before they get better for us so hopefully we can have afford to have a bit of a bad spell without the third spot being in jeopardy.

chelsea are showing championship form. but then again so are man utd and they are 11 points behind! this chelsea team is the most efficient the premierhsip has ever seen, at both ends of the pitch, and we all know why.

Jose_Reyes_2005

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Call me crazy, but watching chelsea now, i think this is the weakest they'v looked all season.

Granted, they'r 3-0 up, but for the first time this season, they're actually making mistakes at the back. You could sense there was complacency creeping into the chelsea camp from the second Riley blew that whistle through the player's body language and individual errors. That was rather evident when Terry made that careless mistake, which set Yakubu clean through on goal -and notice how Cech could have easily attacked that ball but mysteriously didnt ...

Also, their first goal was VERY lucky. Yes, Robben made a good run on the right hand side, but his pass was very poor and hopeful. It went straight through David Unsworth - 9 times out of 10 he would have cleared that or atleast made contact with it.

As for their third goal - well, Ashdown is a joke of a keeper. It was a powerful free kick but he hardly had to move and his pathetic attempt to save it was frankly laughable.

The main reason Chelsea are 3-0 up is because of Portsmouth's tactics. For some reason they love to give opposition players space. I'm sorry but if your giving the likes of Robben and Duff space, then your just asking for trouble. I reckon if they were playing a slighly more dangerous side like say Tottenham the way the are now - then they'd get beat by atleast 2 goals.

All in all, i really really think complacency is creeping in ...

KingReyes

Established Member
Chelsea have that feeling of invincibility in them, the same feeling we had last season and earlier this season. They have the belief to go on and beat teams, Robben has made the most difference, since he's come in they have looked classier going forward.

Still though I won't be overly impressed, to go out and buy whoever you want therefore getting the best players and the best coach is not something that impresses me. Money might them the title but it won't buy them tradition or history.

Damn Roman Abramovich

Mark

Established Member
If they can play badly and still win then there's nothing for us to get excited about. Maybe complacency will creep in, but it doesn't seem to be affecting them. If it did get bad, you can be sure Mourinho would sort it out anyway.

patrick42uk

Established Member
lol. i remember in the summer wenger said its one market for chelsea one market for the rest in terms of transfers. soon it will be one table for chelsea and one table for the rest. 61 points in january? thats is ****ing absurd! the only reason there isnt a press outcry yet is because they are desparate for someone outside of arsenal and united to win. in the future when the only competition is chelsea trying to break their previous seasons' points tally, they will know what a boring, predictable league really means.

Arsenal Quotes

Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back.

Tony Adams
Top Bottom