• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL: Arsenal vs Bayern Munich, 20/10/15, 7:45pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanishDoc

Don't expect much here! They're just a complete team with perfect balance, individual class and yeah,, Robert Lewandowski who's on god mode atm..

That said our chance is to blitz them like we did against United.. We actually tried this against Bayern a couple of seasons ago and if I remember right we're on top for the first twenty minutes.. We missed a penalty relatively early and the game turned around from there..

Last edited:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Win this and we'll qualify by the way.

Olympiakos will get six points against Dinamo and lose to Bayern.
If we beat Bayern and lose away before beating Dinamo at the Emirates, things will look like this going into the last game:

Bayern: 12pts
Olympiakos: 9pts
Arsenal: 6pts
Dinamo: 3pts

We'll need to **** the Greeks I think.

Not necessarily. The UEFA tiebreakers are head to head record between the two teams then goal difference. So if we beat Olympiakos by 2 goals we'll go through. If we don't do that then we have to score at least 3 goals.

I still think we'll need 10 points to be sure which will mean we'll have to go unbeaten against Bayern, somehow nicking a draw in the Allianz as well as beating them on tuesday.

That'd mean if we won our last two games we'd be through for sure. I still think there will be some twists, Zagreb could steal a point off Olympiakos somewhere along the line.

WurzlSepp

Has No Chill
Am i the only one who thinks: **** the cl?
I can't see us winning it and we don't really need the money. But i would hate a scenario where we make it to the semis and get some players injured so that we can't compete for the league...

pikey2000

We have more chance of winning the league than we do the CL this year and for that reason I would be happy to see us out of all other comps and prioritise the league

With that said if we beat Bayern it would really re-enforce the confidence and swagger about the team at the moment

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
0-0 in the 92nd minute of 3 minutes added on.

Kos punts a ball away, a clearance if you will, Bayern's defensive line is half a yard over the halfway line, Walcott chases the ball down...

Neuer sprints off his line in typical fashion, trying to head the ball away, but what's this?!

Never has he come up against a striker as quick as Theo. Walcott sprints onto the ball first, rounds Neuer who attempts to hack him down, takes 3 touches before placing the ball into the empty net.

Arsenal win 1-0 with the last kick of the game.

Jazz

I repeat, whatever you do Arsenal: don't finish 3rd in the group! We will not win the europa leuage because we will not play our strongest lineups. It will hurt our leauge form more than the CL would and it's just an embarassing comp to be in if you're us. We still have the COC if people want to see more of our fringe players.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Been browsing the rival forums and the idea of our squad and its potential brings with it comments such as;

A better version of Tottenham.
Flat track bullies, but get exposed against the better sides.
Im confident we (United) are better and will finish above them.
They (us) usually fall away towards the end of the season.

This game represents an opportunity to continue with our momentum, confidence and to further remind ourselves that we mean business this year.

A must win for me, 2-0. Lets sit back and pick them off, its that simple because they have a better side that we do.

Top Gun

And the ref is...

Fergies friend Cüneyt Cakir from Turkey! Do you remember...

Cuneyt-Cakir-130305-NaniRedCard-AI-300.jpg

Fergie wasn't used to neutral refs at Old Toilet, and was near a heart attack.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Funny to see all the liars pretending they don't care about the CL. I'm desperate to win this. It will be difficult, but if we beat Bayern and there's a draw in the other game, we are right back in with a chance.

Do not want Europa League, simply as it puts us at a disadvantage of playing on Sunday's.

As it edges closer, the more I believe we will beat them.

SA Gunner

We need to approach this game smartly, allow Bayern the ball and then pick them off.

I said somewhere else, that finishing bottom and finishing second is a difference of two extra games. We have the squad to deal with that, for sure.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Ironic thing is, when we were drawn against Bayern I thought to myself how nice it will be to play a top team, without the fear of elimination or away goals.

Now we go into two all or nothing games against them. How wrong I was.

Bould14

I want Arsenal to win all their matches. My head tells me draw but I hope we grab the victory.

Bayern won 1-0 against Bremen in their last game. They are used to the pace of the Bundesliga. Therefore they need time to adapt to our faster movement and more quality in our play in general.

Just remember our powerplay against them two seasons ago. If we convert our chances this time and get no one send off we will score one or two in the first half. They won´t know what hit them ;-)

SA Gunner

Word is that Robben didnt travel to London. He will be missing the game.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'll take a 2-1 spirted loss, really couldn't give a **** about the CL this year. The title is wide open, reckon we could smash it with no CL/EL.

EL would be even more pointless as we're not winning it. Monaco last season showed what will happen.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

24 hours has gone by and I'm still feeling confident. Think the lads will put in a special performance.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
24 hours has gone by and I'm still feeling confident. Think the lads will put in a special performance.
They will.

I'll be very interested to see what team Wenger puts out.

If we beat Everton on Saturday then we're top of the league and with the Manchester derby on Sunday, if City lose then we remain top. Will he rest certain stars ahead of the Everton game? I'm sure Özil & Alexis would want to play against Bayern. Play our reserves and we have little chance imo but as many said before, the league is our real priority this season. A win against Bayern or a very good performance will be a real confidence boost though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom