• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

CL | Arsenal vs Borussia Dortmund | Tue 22nd Oct 19.45

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

nywrj7.jpg
1zpm7oh.png

Our third Champions League game, after two wins we're in a good position, but we're hosting last years finalists. We will have to dig deep to see them off. Their form has been a bit rocky this season, though, and they have a few important players out in Gündogan, Kehl and Piszczek. They have to fit in two new players in their starting XI, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang. The latter has had a flying start at his Dortmund career, though, scoring 6 goals in 14 games in all competitions.

---------------------------------FORM
W-W-W-W-D-W ----------------------------- D-D-W-W-L-W

---------------------------------GROUP POSITION
1st, 6 points------------------------------------2nd, 3 points
GP 2 W 2 D 0 L 0 | GS 4 GC 1 ---------- GP 2 W 1 D 0 L 1 | GS 4 GC 2

---------------------------------TOPSCORERS (ALL COMPETITIONS)
Aaron Ramsey - 9---------------------------Robert Lewandowski - 9
Olivier Giroud - 6-----------------------------Marco Reus - 8
Mesut Özil - 3---------------------------------Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang - 6

---------------------------------PREFERRED LINE-UP
------------------------------------Szczęsny
-------------------Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
---------------------------------Ramsey Flamini
-----------------------------Wilshere Özil Cazorla
-------------------------------------Giroud

---------------------------------SUBSTITUTES
Fabianski, Monreal, Vermaelen, Arteta, Rosicky, Gnabry, Bendtner

Azeem Khaja

Player:Ødegaard
Going to be a cracker, both teams love playing tiki taka stuff. Pretty confident of a win at the Grove.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
This game going to be wonderful both teams play great attacking football i hope we make it 9 point from 9. if Flamini is ok then he should start with Ramsey on midfield.

Scezcney

Sagna Kosh Mertesacker Gibbs

Flamini Ramsey

Wilshere Özil Cazorla

Giroud

I hope we win ;)

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Not sure about Jack starting on the right again, doesn't have the engine to double up on Reus all game, can see Ramsey starting out wide with Arteta and Flamini central, Özil behind Giroud and Cazorla on the left.

Caz19

Azeem Khaja said:
Going to be a cracker, both teams love playing tiki taka stuff. Pretty confident of a win at the Grove.

To be honest Dortmund are more of a counter-attacking team. They're incredibly dangerous on the break so we need to be careful not to devote to many players forward when we attack. Gonna be a great game though for sure.

Camel

Arsenal vs Dortmund

Arsène Wenger vs Jurgen Klopp

Mesut Özil vs Robert Lewandowski

Don't know about you but I can't wait until Tuesday! Two teams playing exciting, attacking football with brilliant players. This match is probably the most promising since Barcelona 2011.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
A win here will be very important for us to qualify to the 2nd round cuz then we have to face Dortmund and Napoli away and in my opinion you can't get 6 points from these away games.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I expect us to beat Dortmund at home and that will set us up to win or draw at their place.

I expect the same team as posted by Vinci & Yousif

---------------------------------Szczęsny
---------------------------------Ramsey Flamini
-----------------------------Wilshere Özil Cazorla

If Wenger thinks Cazorla is not match fit for such a big game it could be this.

---------------------------------Szczęsny
-------------------------------Arteta Flamini
-----------------------------Ramsey Özil Wilshere

k24bfan

Dortmund not going to see what's coming. I haven't watched some of their last matches(need to catch up a bit) but at Home I like our chances. Ramsey to score a brace and Giroud a single goal. 3-2 Arsenal.

mo50

Established Member
Dortmund won't know what hit them.

3-1 to us and we'll be within touching distance of the next round.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
Think the atmosphere and occasion will make us replicate the performance against Napoli. Dortmund are in a big injury crisis at the moment, we have to take advantage.

3-1

Buhry

Established Member

This should be a great game, both teams play good attacking football. I'll be pretty dissapointed if we don't win though to be honest.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Massive game, the lads should be confident coming into this but if we get a result here it could really push us on through the tough run ahead that we have.

Most of the team picks itself. I reckon AW will stick with Flamini and Arteta at the base of midfield because they dominated Napoli and for the first 30 mins today. Özil will obviously play, then that leaves 2 of Wilshere, Ramsey and Santi for the wide spots. If all 3 are fit you'd have to say Jack sits this out, but Santi may not be fit enough and Flamini's fitness could mean Aaron has to drop back. Can't wait to see the lads up against one of the top teams in Europe.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I think the only main lineup concern for this match is between Arteta and Flamini. Reports are saying that Flamini suffered a concussion and it can be hard to gauge how quickly someone will recover from that kind of injury.

Additionally, I don't think Arteta has really found his form, so if Flamini is fit I think we should drop Arteta. This game is too big. Additionally, if we rest Arteta he'll be fresher for the Crystal Palace and Chelsea matches. I'd play him in these two, so that he can find his old form.

However, if Flamini can't play then I'd play Arteta.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
------------ Szczesny
Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Gibbs
------- Ramsey --- Flamini --------
------------- Özil ---------------
Rosicky/Wilshere - Giroud - Cazorla

cannonade

Established Member
k24bfan said:
Dortmund not going to see what's coming. I haven't watched some of their last matches(need to catch up a bit) but at Home I like our chances. Ramsey to score a brace and Giroud a single goal. 3-2 Arsenal.

They press like mad and attack down the wings. They really struggle against pack defenses, but are excellent in open play.
I don't think Lewa's heart is in it (wanting to be at Bayern) and that is effecting their overall attack. Their finishing has been pretty poor recently.
Without Gundogan they are not as good going forward from the back and the center of their defense is fairly soft and mistake-prone. They get scored on on crosses and set pieces mostly.
They work really hard and play at an insane pace, so having a good possession team out there is critical. For us, defensive wing play will be huge; for them, not getting caught on the counter up the middle will be huge. Finishing will also be key for both teams.
Should be a terrific game of offensive football!

Godwin1

Very well-known
I think the lads will be raring to go at a top club. This will be the start of an important run of games for the club and I'm confident the whole team have the confidence to take it on.

3-1 to us, I think we'll hit them early and go up 2-0 into half time.

GOONER1991

Established Member
Would take a draw, Dortmund are a good team and have all of the qualities to hurt us. I am expecting a win however at home. Similar to against Napoli, we need to shut down their quick counters, and not give away possession cheaply in the midfield. Wilshere is the key question here, as he can be wasteful when he is having a bad day. Rosicky is probably the safer bet, but Wilshere is more of a threat at the moment in my opinion.

Flamini being fit for this is vital. Personally, I wouldn't be too sad at seeing the same line up as against Napoli, but I would like Ramsey in the centre, as he controls the game better there and gets into the box more.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
1-0 to the Arsenal would do. Rosicky should play either start or as a sub, his pressing and movement would make Dortmund weary.

Midfield of Arteta + Flamini should start but the problem is choosing which Wilshere or Ramsey should start. Ramsey is on fire but playing him on the wing may not be his best position. Wilshere is erratic though

and please no high line against Dortmund

Arsenal Quotes

When you give success to stupid people, it makes them more stupid sometimes and not more intelligent.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom